Beckham booed in Galaxy home game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8158547.stm

David Beckham was booed and jeered during his first home game for Los Angeles Galaxy since returning from a loan spell at AC Milan.

The 34-year-old England midfielder missed the first half of the Major League Soccer season after extending his spell with the Italian side.

Ironically, the Galaxy were playing Milan in a friendly and Beckham confronted angry fans at half-time

well I guess you can understand a bit how they feel

To be fair, the only people really getting on Beckham's case were part of the supporters club who sit in one part of the stadium. After all the talk of Beckham saying he didn't want to be in LA, you could expect some kind of negative reaction. It seems most of the Galaxy fans have sided with Donovan, while most of the international press has sided with Becks.

The Galaxy have been crap since Beckham arrived two years ago (not all his fault), so the fans are looking for a scapegoat.

Landon Donovan is a grade A c*nt.

Beckham took his captains armband and his spot as the MLS's most recognisable player so IMO he spouted a load of garbage about Beckham simply so people turned on him.

I seen this on SSN earlier on and I actually wanted to jump into my TV and smash that smug look off Donovan's face as he uttered the words "I didn't see it"

Beckham was a success during his loan spell so he will be back in Europe soon enough and Donovan can go back to being king of the castle for an average MLS side.

Landon Donovan is a grade A c*nt.

Beckham took his captains armband and his spot as the MLS's most recognisable player so IMO he spouted a load of garbage about Beckham simply so people turned on him.

I seen this on SSN earlier on and I actually wanted to jump into my TV and smash that smug look off Donovan's face as he uttered the words "I didn't see it"

Beckham was a success during his loan spell so he will be back in Europe soon enough and Donovan can go back to being king of the castle for an average MLS side.

tbh I think folk had turned on Beckham well before Donovan ever said anything.

Beckham was swayed by Hollywood, money and glamour, and made an egotistical decision to go to the land of the free - it was not a career move.

Then of course as he started to miss the real thing he gets a loan to Milan and part funds it himself, and as said loan comes to an end he begs Milan to keep him and LA Galaxy to let him go.

Beckham threw his toys out of the pram when he didn't get his own way, and he is now reaping what he sowed.

It was a stupid move, and he's paying for it. And he has no one to blame but himself.

Then of course as he started to miss the real thing he gets a loan to Milan and part funds it himself, and as said loan comes to an end he begs Milan to keep him and LA Galaxy to let him go.

I think Milan wanted to stay keep as much as he wanted to stay albeit he proved his desire to stay by part funding it himself.

Honestly who the fcuk does beckham think he is ? Why has he the right to swan from one team to another ? Only place he shone was MU. But thats because he was in a team then, surrounded by actual real footballers. He was a fortunate boy who was chosen by the school of excellence. Good player, not great but became the catalyst for the wag generation which has fcuked foootball ! Get him tae fcuk along with new labour ! :sherlock: