The youngsters in the squad

next season who do u think will make the step up i think it will be

wilson

mcmillan

ness

shinnie

arron

fleck

Just read the article posted by Boab about Billy Sarks opinion on some of these players - going by that Arron and perhaps shinnie are the only ones likely to get a real run this season - fleck will get a few games and perhaps a short run or 2 - but the rest will only feature sporadically - they are just two young yet to play for sustained number of games.

I'm just absolutely amazed at how hypocritical our fan base can be.

Last season, every time I mentioned blooding a youngster in place of McCulloch, Dailly or Smith, I was told that we couldn't afford to do it because we were chasing the league.

Fast forward a few months and everyone now thinks they'll win us the the thing.

I do often wonder where people on this site generate their opinions from, because they change their tune so often.

This season is a big season for the younger players like Fleck, Aaron, Little, Wilson, McMillan... For the first time in a long while we can feel confident that our youngsters will be given a chance, mainly due to the fact we are skint and there will be very little players coming in.

I would like to think that Fleck, Aaron and Wilson can make a good impression this coming season. Jordan McMillan is a player I like and I would have him over Broadfoot anyday of the week but his injuries at Hamilton curtailed him so we will have to see what we get from him. To be honest I have not seen a lot of Jamie Ness, just bits and pieces on RTV (when it was still going.) I liked Andy Shinnie when he first came onto the scene but I have not seen a lot of him since then, although I heard he done well at Dundee.

Lets see who can make the step from Rangers boy to Rangers man!

This season is a big season for the younger players like Fleck, Aaron, Little, Wilson, McMillan... For the first time in a long while we can feel confident that our youngsters will be given a chance, mainly due to the fact we are skint and there will be very little players coming in.

I would like to think that Fleck, Aaron and Wilson can make a good impression this coming season. Jordan McMillan is a player I like and I would have him over Broadfoot anyday of the week but his injuries at Hamilton curtailed him so we will have to see what we get from him. To be honest I have not seen a lot of Jamie Ness, just bits and pieces on RTV (when it was still going.) I liked Andy Shinnie when he first came onto the scene but I have not seen a lot of him since then, although I heard he done well at Dundee.

Lets see who can make the step from Rangers boy to Rangers man!

totally agree lets give these guys a chance not for 54 -70 games but as squad players it would be good to see them getting a chance rather than just getting punted to Forfar, St johnstone etc before arriving back a the brox 5 years later for 3 million like Davis

Everyone keeps mentioning Danny wilson to become a future first team centre half and I hope he does, but Im really surprised there isnt more talk of Ross Perry. He also plays as centre half and is 2 years older than Wilson. Anytime I have seen them play, Perry appears the more accomplished player IMO.

there is also Little, who has already been capped at senior level by NI.

What is Little's strongest position?

Mainly as a striker, but is adaptable and can play on the right of a midfield, or right of a 4-3-3

Thanks i was under the impression that he could play at the back. With all these young strikers shouldnt the club be looking to get shot of the likes of Velicka?

At the end of the day, I see no reason why we cant put a youngster or two in to matches, 1 of them isnt going to do anything drastically bad I reckon and it wouldnt be too much of a gamble, we aint gonna be playing 4 or 5 of them at a time but I really think we can start to make progress with them. I want to see Archie Campbell and Kyle Hutton get a chance too but I think Hutton wont get much of a look in yet

Mainly as a striker, but is adaptable and can play on the right of a midfield, or right of a 4-3-3

Thanks i was under the impression that he could play at the back. With all these young strikers shouldnt the club be looking to get shot of the likes of Velicka?

he plays CB aswell sometimes

This year with us cutting down the squad drastically I can see a lot more times seeing youth come off the bench. When you have an experienced player and a youth player on the bench, the experience will one out all the time but with less cover in each position I can see a few of them getting a few games too.

At the end of the day, I see no reason why we cant put a youngster or two in to matches, 1 of them isnt going to do anything drastically bad I reckon and it wouldnt be too much of a gamble, we aint gonna be playing 4 or 5 of them at a time but I really think we can start to make progress with them. I want to see Archie Campbell and Kyle Hutton get a chance too but I think Hutton wont get much of a look in yet

This is the way it should be done. One or maybe two at a time for certain games, with the guidance of the older more experienced players and they should be fine. It is the route we will have to go down until the financial situation changes. (tu)

I watched him play CB against dundee utd for the reserves! I also watched him against Italy I think it was and I was very impressed, especially once he moved up front

I watched him play CB against dundee utd for the reserves! I also watched him against Italy I think it was and I was very impressed, especially once he moved up front

Yeah forgot about him at CB, we seem to have a plethora of young strikers and midfielders coming through the ranks they won't all make it though which is a shame.