Magic: "I am happy at Rangers. I don't want to move.

Boab

Exclusive by Thomas Jordan

MADJID BOUGHERRA today insisted he can't wait for the transfer window to slam shut at the end of this month - to end speculation linking him with a move away from Rangers.

The Ibrox defender has reiterated his desire to remain at the SPL champions for the entirety of this season despite being linked with a return to England and a move to France this summer.

Bougherra has given the Light Blue legions his word he has no plans to jump ship at the last minute this month.

He just wants to be allowed to focus on his football and prepare for the forthcoming campaign.

He said: "I am happy at Rangers. I don't want to move. This is not the first time I have said such a thing. And yes, it will be nice for the transfer window to close so it is not an issue for anyone. I still have things in football I have to learn and we have the Champions League this season as well. I have never played Champions League football before so this will be a first for me.

"It will be exciting to play against the best teams in the world. For me, it is very important to play in this competition. It will help improve me as a player and that is crucial if I want to better myself.

"And Rangers are a massive club with fantastic fans. Look at the amount of them who travelled to London at the weekend to support us in the two games against PSG and Arsenal. That sort of backing means so much to me.

"So I want to play at Rangers for another season and I'm looking forward to trying to help the club to further success."

Publication date 04/08/09

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2523848.0.0.php

That's at least twice he has came out and said this, surely he can't leave now. :)

just remember ur countrymen King " traitor " Cuellar was like that last year then fucked off

Would it be picky to notice this as, just next season?

"So I want to play at Rangers for another season

Hmmmm, I never noticed, but it probably is picky. Remeber English isn't his first language.

If he has a succseful season in the CL and the SPL then he will be in the 8-10 million bracket....Just what super ally would need to add to the squad when he takes over form Walter...... :pipe:

Hmmmm, I never noticed, but it probably is picky. Remember English isn't his first language.

Aye, thats why I didn't jump on it like an obese man totally.

If he has a succseful season in the CL and the SPL then he will be in the 8-10 million bracket....Just what super ally would need to add to the squad when he takes over form Walter...... :pipe:

If we get a bid like that for him next season, it would be madness not to accept.

:lol:

Guest therabbitt

Not to forget that he might very well get the opportunity to star in the African Nations Cup at the start of the new year. Also, you never know, he might end up at the World Cup too.

If he were to perform in the Champions League and in those two tournaments for his country, then there is a distinct chance that it won't be the Bolton's and Birmingham's sniffing around him, but moreso the Barca's and Bayern's...

Guest therabbitt

Hmmmm, I never noticed, but it probably is picky. Remember English isn't his first language.

Obese men are known to jump on things habitually?

Guest therabbitt
I'll wait until the transfer window closes before I make any judgement

That's sensible.

Even if he was wishing to leave and his agent was trying to engineer a move it would be counter-productive for him to answer questions about his future by saying that he wishes to leave. It could potentially lower any transfer fee.

Plus it would obviously anger his current employers who might have no intention of selling and also should any protracted move fall through, he would be left at the club until at least the winter transfer window with us all knowing his heart isn't in it.

Obese men are known to jump on things habitually?

Yes. Thats why the repairal of Trampolines is so big in the recession.

That's at least twice he has came out and said this, surely he can't leave now. :)

just remember ur countrymen King " traitor " Cuellar was like that last year then fucked off

Difference being Boogie has CL football this season, Cuellar didn't.

Agreed... I think if we had made the CL Cuellar would not have been so quick footed

I know mate, can't wait till this window has shut. Was gutted when Carlos went but we had just been papped out by Kaunas.

We need to do what ever we have to do to get at least one more CB. Getting rid of a few players like Beasley and Velicka can only help this.