Lafferty / Loovens / McDonald Disciplinary Hearings

Chef

OLD Firm trio Kyle Lafferty, Glenn Loovens and Scott McDonald will learn today if they will be suspended at the start of the season.

All three will appear before the SFA's disciplinary committee to answer charges brought about by video evidence in the wake of three separate matches near the end of the last campaign.

Celtic defender Loovens is charged with deliberately kicking Rangers midfielder Maurice Edu in the Old Firm clash on May 9. No action was taken by the ref at the time but Edu claimed the Dutchman had acted maliciously - an accusation strenuously denied by Loovens.

However, having reviewed TV footage, the SFA now want to quiz the Celtic defender about the incident.

Parkhead striker McDonald will also be questioned about a challenge on Lee Wilkie during Celtic's clash with Dundee United on May 12.

Rangers striker Lafferty is accused of feigning injury by falling down clutching his head during a clash with Aberdeen's Charlie Mulgrew at Ibrox on May 16.

Mulgrew was sent off for head-butting the Gers star but the red card was later rescinded and Lafferty has been summoned to explain his

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one game ban for the cheating dutch cnut!!

Eveningtimes ticker tape

Just read that I thought it would only be a 1 or 2 ban maximum.

should have been at least 2 if not 3, I'd like to have seen what a Gers player would've got for the same incident!! Fckn joke

Skippy and Loovens will get a slap on the wrist. Lafferty will get hammered. This is the same organisation that refused to help us out during the fixture congestion of 07/08.

I know the other two aren't out yet, but I stand by my prediction.

We should make a big deal about this, that is a shambolic decision. He went out of his way to hurt Edu and then pleaded innocence like the scumbag he is. :angry:

Yip, it's not like that was even the angle his leg was coming down at, he deliberately tried to end Edu's season.

Cunt of the highest order. Did he not go through Mendes later on in the game?

Skippy and Loovens will get a slap on the wrist. Lafferty will get hammered. This is the same organisation that refused to help us out during the fixture congestion of 07/08.

disciplinary is the SFA, they did try to help us out and said the season should be further extended, it was the SPL who refused to help us

disciplinary is the SFA, they did try to help us out and said the season should be further extended, it was the SPL who refused to help us

(tu)

The SFA were willing to have the Scottish Cup final put back by a week to try and help us out, it was the SPL and the majority of the other SPL clubs who weren't willing to help us.

Did the SFA not say they wouldn't move the cup final or allow games played after that though?

If not, I stand corrected (tu)

In the eyes of the authorities it is a far bigger crime to feign injury than it is to try and maim a fellow professional.

Lafferty was an ass and deserves the inevitable ban he will receive but a one-match ban for Loovens perpetrating a premeditated assault; words fail me.