***The Official Norway vs Scotland Match Thread***

Ryan_1

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever watched a match where a manager has made so made catastrophic decisions in my life. Where do you start?!

If Burley isn't among those 2.4million unemployed by tomorrow....then.....fuck me, what does it take to get the sack in that job?! He's ruined everything that Smith and McLeash built up to this stage.

oh my god

when you get beat 4-0 and end the match with Whitaker and Hutton as the CB partnership you know that its the end.....what you reck Burely sacked by the morning?

I never seen much of the game, only up to the sending off. To be critical, it's Smith and Burley's fault.

That's what they get for driving five Rangers players out of Scotland:

- Scotland has the best natural goalscorer in a generation at a disposal and wouldn't use him in favour of Steven Fletcher

- One of the most experienced center halves Scotland has ever produced. Will be playing against the elite of Europe in the CL again, and Burley drops him for the Clodwells. Carew is slow but experienced, Weir would have sorted him out (again!, should I say). Both Clodwells struggled with him right from the start. Awful way to treat Weir.

- McGregor - don't need to say much on this...David Marshal! Four goals conceded, he's mroe than used to it after conceding 70 goals last year. Oh but, as Burley said prior to the match, "he played well against the sellick so we picked him" :lol:

- Ferguson - Scotland captain. Every one knows the story. Broon8 was poor again tonight.

- McCulloch - His preseason form at DM would have meant he walked into the DM spot that was taken up by the full back Alexander.

Miller looked decent; sharp and working good as usual.

It's another own goal for the SFA. Gordon Smith was a great pundit, but he's been an awful as Chief Executive. Supporters of him claim it's done through board meetings and he only has a fraction of the say, but there's so much systematically wrong at the SFA.

I feel sorry for the Rangers fans who are big Scotland fans also. You guys were let down by the pushovers at the SFA and a tim at center half.

caldwell brothers

re-conjoined-twins.jpg

:mutley:

that is funny. mind you up till the sending off, big carew was toiling. yes gary shouldn't have done what he did, but carew was what you would call "clever" in dong it first. still no excuse. it was a disaster. deflected goals, goals in injury time, free kicks that werent free kicks (meaning the last goal) injuries to berra, it really was dire.

now 7 goals against in two away matches. lost fergie, shagger, boyd, mcculloch, weir (just about) mcmanus (injured). he now staring at a record worse than vogts. scored only four goals, all against iceland.

So Burley dropped Weir because he thought he hadn't handled Carew in the last game? The game they didn't concede? Brings in the WORSE Caldwell brother instead?

Taxi for George!!!!

On the subject of Marshall in goal, at one point in the game this piece of commentary was said with the score at 3-0: "David Marshall has been unlucky in goal for Scotland having conceded 10 goals in 3 games".

Sorry, but thats not unlucky. Thats telling you something...

Something Burley can't seem to pick up as national manager.