Do you have any ideas on how to make the site better?

Canadaready

Every single thread you post in you raise the same old subject, and time and time again with regards to this ONE issue you have been told it has been decided that the conversations are more relevant in the BD. Any other ideas such as the excellent museum idea will be considered.

His idea of a debate is to repeat his p.o.v. ad nauseum, regardless of any replies...

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd get rid of all the posters who only emerge from the woodwork when a thread about religion or sectarianism comes online.

It's amazing how many 'new posters' ONLY post in those threads.

If no-one has anything to contribute towards the actual football, I'd sack them (td)

Hmmm, then, on a twist on that, why not impliment some type of rule where you cant get into the BD without a certain number of posts? A LOT of sites do that, where you have to post in other areas of the forum, and, dont get access to all of it until a certain level. That may deter some of those.

Also, why not a "New Members" thread/area? Could act as above, get familiar with site rules etc

Mate, the BD is the pinnacle of this site, it is what most people sing-up for. If you need to have a certain number of posts it would mean posting in the dirge that is the Off-Topic section, and that is enough to put anyone off the site.

Restricitng access to the main part of the forum is suicide.

I suppose, in that case, its about quantity over quality then mate. If I sign up for a forum, I dont expect to get to the best part straight away, or, at the very least, I expect not to get access to all the site at first, thats just how it goes. By setting parameters, you get a better (or at least more persistant) quality of member.

The only things about RM that really can be improved, are content in some areas, as was highlighted in regard to the museum etc, and, the structure of the site itself, which includes members I guess.

But surely when you sing-up to a Rangers forum you would expect to be able to post about Rangers right away. Having to cut your teeth in the "nonsense" section will hardly inspire you. You would just look elsewhere for Rangers discussion.

Absolutely, yeah, hence the structure part. In the format as current, it cant be done, however, as I said earlier with the possible sub forums in it, you could have

Rangers Chat

The Bears Den

etc

etc

So, newbies can discuss Rangers, and, leave the best part for reaching a certain level.

Thats the thoery anyway, the details are the key

look at outlaws last post, that's what I mean. Just a post full of previous posts quoted until you get to what outlaw has wrote. Oh, and I'm not singling out outlaw here, I just used him as an example because he was last to do it on this topic.

I'd get rid of all the posters who only emerge from the woodwork when a thread about religion or sectarianism comes online.

If no-one has anything to contribute towards the actual football, I'd sack them (td)

How do you mean Papa? Do you mean the likes of Dignityblue or what?

The only way to stop that from happening was to create a section all about protestantism/Orange Order etc. That way when we want to talk/debate about issues and the happenings going on in Northern Ireland/Glasgow and in general. Some people will learn a few things as well. Because when it's brought up in the bear's den, it really does look bad and you would swear people thought William of Orange played for Rangers or something.

No one is really educated enough on the subject as far as im concerned, it's either bead rattlers or the like, then the disccusion ends or just goes a long that line for 5+ pages.

Am I the only one that thinks the quotes are helpful?

Might not look very good, but you can get the whole debate on the one page instead of having to trawl through the last six pages to know what's going on.

look at outlaws last post, that's what I mean. Just a post full of previous posts quoted until you get to what outlaw has wrote. Oh, and I'm not singling out outlaw here, I just used him as an example because he was last to do it on this topic.

I can see the pros and cons, and I can't remember why the limitation was removed, but if you have the quotes available then you can read what that conversation was all about without reading through other posts which may be in between them.

The only way to stop that from happening was to create a section all about protestantism/Orange Order etc. That way when we want to talk/debate about issues and the happenings going on in Northern Ireland/Glasgow and in general. Some people will learn a few things as well. Because when it's brought up in the bear's den, it really does look bad and you would swear people thought William of Orange played for Rangers or something.

No one is really educated enough on the subject as far as im concerned, it's either bead rattlers or the like, then the disccusion ends or just goes a long that line for 5+ pages.

Not BD, he actually gets involved in the football chat.

There are just some people who actually never comment on management, players, tactics, transfers, competitions etc and instead only wait for the other stuff.

I'd also vet the transfer section. It makes for embarrassing reading at times.

Might not look very good, but you can get the whole debate on the one page instead of having to trawl through the last six pages to know what's going on.

Nope a like them aswell

There are just some people who actually never comment on management, players, tactics, transfers, competitions etc and instead only wait for the other stuff.

Not worth it, we can just archive that whole area at the end of each transfer section.

It's expected though. What can you do though. They have no where else to go on the board to discuss that sort of thing.

Nope a like them aswell

Me too :)

I can see the pros and cons, and I can't remember why the limitation was removed, but if you have the quotes available then you can read what that conversation was all about without reading through other posts which may be in between them.

Aye, but at the same time we've got full blown nonsense conversations at the same time, and it doesn't help when your posting from a phone like me and you need to scroll down past all the shite before you get to the point.

It's ok two or three quotes but seven or eight is just a pain in the arse.

Aye, but at the same time we've got full blown nonsense conversations at the same time, and it doesn't help when your posting from a phone like me and you need to scroll down past all the shite before you get to the point.

It's ok two or three quotes but seven or eight is just a pain in the arse.

I agree.

Agree with Papa's point about weeding out the guys that just post on the Protestant/Unionist/Loyalist stuff.

We were having a debate one night recently and the story of John Fleck telling McCoist to G.T.F was posted,

quite an important story yet very few if any of the guys slating the Bears in London seen fit to comment on this issue.

Never see their views on anything else either.

I like the idea of building up a certain amount of posts before being allowed into "off-topic" or maybe a new section,

this might help weed out any imposters'

I'd like to keep the quotes as it's easy to catch up on what the posters are debating.

Do we have a Rangers Media fantasy football league?i know a few guys enter teams in the Sun etc but might be

fun if we had a league organized by the site,maybe a pound or something to enter with a price for the winner.

• Reduce quotes per post
  • Have a seperate forum, directly under the bears den for Loyalist/Orange discussion, where we can post news, parades and videos without some members turning it into full blown arguments.
  • Have a seperate matchday forum instead of individual threads where only certain members can post and moderate.

• Reduce quotes per post
  • Have a seperate forum, directly under the bears den for Loyalist/Orange discussion, where we can post news, parades and videos without some members turning it into full blown arguments.
  • Have a seperate matchday forum instead of individual threads where only certain members can post and moderate.

What he said ^

And I disagree with introducing a "newbee" section, it would be splitting Rangers decisions in half, one in the bears den and the other in the newbee section.