Do you have any ideas on how to make the site better?

Canadaready

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Destroy the cliques :lol:

No but seriously it feels as if some members are intimidating at times and this really annoys me

Also everyone has to lay off Boab :lol:, He seems a decent enough guy and is a reliable source of information. I dont know what he did to make everyone hate him but sometimes it goes a little too far

He grassed up a fellow fan for singing something and got him kicked out of Ibrox. Regardless of what you think is right or wrong on the subject of what we sing, grassing on a fan to a steward is cowardly and a disgrace. He deserves all he gets. That and he votes SNP...

Any proof of this ?

I won't go into the archives, but suffice to say Boab admitted it himself on this site about grassing someone up, saying that though he is overly criticised by some members but he does at times give as good as he gets.

I would say try and keep thread merging to an absolute minimum.

The Boyd thread was a prime example. I'm not really wanting to read through hundreds of posts to see what is going on in a thread, when all I really want to do is post how I thought he got on in a game.

I think the shoutbox is another good idea. You get good banter on it in other forums, and it means some pointless threads in the Off Topic can be ruled out. Like 'How do I change my sig??' - Instead of making a thread this guy could just pop that into the shoutbox and get his question answered without cluttering the OT.

I think it would also be a good idea to try out a radio station. It sounds good to me, but I don't know how hard it would be to set up or how succesful it would be.

You could also try to make events in the Gaming forum. You can try and encourage people to all come together on one game on certain night, such as 'Fifa Monday' or 'COD Tuesday', and all play on this game. It improves banter among posters and is generally a good laugh to get involved in. It is just more organised gaming 2-3 times a week.

i like the idea of agaming nite, only really applies to those with the same consoles tho' .. Doesn.t bring the entire board together but it is still a good idea and one i have suggested in the gaming section before.

Ah, you are missing one BIG problem in that....

You wouldnt be able to play Fifa or Pro Evo, because, everyone would want to be Rangers ;)

!Based on some other posts wasnt sure wether to leave quotes in or not for clarity)

Well as I see it there are at least 5 people on this thread who have suggested that there be a separate thread for the Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant stuff - are you having a go at them as well for posting the suggestion - it seems not? Seems a valid debate on this thread but obviously YOU have made YOUR decision and it must not be revisited!

Which part of it was discussed by STAFF, as I said earlier, and as a whole the majority of topics are relevant for the Bear's Den, those that aren't (and they have been very few) have been moved to either off topic or the debating chamber, it was not an INDIVIDUALS decision.

Sorry - I may have made my point badly! I will try again.

I believe there are numerous fans who, for what ever reason, would like to see a forum or sub forum for all the Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant stuff posted on here. In this thread alone (and apart from me) it has been suggested by BoltonLoyal (post #37), Allistera (#44), Sairdy (#54), keithgersbear (#78) and goat (#98) even outlawuk69 suggested it as a sub-forum.

If a thread asks for suggestions on improvements and there are a number of people advocating it surely it is worth debate/consideratin? or has the 'team' pre-judged this issue?

I imagine the outcome of this thread will be a post from CR (or admin) saying these issues were dicussed and these decisions were made. subject closed until asked again.

!Based on some other posts wasnt sure wether to leave quotes in or not for clarity)

Well as I see it there are at least 5 people on this thread who have suggested that there be a separate thread for the Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant stuff - are you having a go at them as well for posting the suggestion - it seems not? Seems a valid debate on this thread but obviously YOU have made YOUR decision and it must not be revisited!

Which part of it was discussed by STAFF, as I said earlier, and as a whole the majority of topics are relevant for the Bear's Den, those that aren't (and they have been very few) have been moved to either off topic or the debating chamber, it was not an INDIVIDUALS decision.

I believe there are numerous fans who, for what ever reason, would like to see a forum or sub forum for all the Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant stuff posted on here. In this thread alone (and apart from me) it has been suggested by BoltonLoyal (post #37), Allistera (#44), Sairdy (#54), keithgersbear (#78) and goat (#98) even outlawuk69 suggested it as a sub-forum.

If a thread asks for suggestions on improvements and there are a number of people advocating it surely it is worth debate/consideratin? or has the 'team' pre-judged this issue?

I imagine the outcome of this thread will be a post from CR (or admin) saying these issues were dicussed and these decisions were made. subject closed until asked again.

Every idea is discussed mate, and has been said the general consensus is that the majority of the topics do relate directly to Rangers whether it be through the historical links or through the mhedia in some form or other linking Rangers directly to these other issues, and because of this the majority of threads are suitably placed in the Bear's Den.

Hmmm, then, on a twist on that, why not impliment some type of rule where you cant get into the BD without a certain number of posts? A LOT of sites do that, where you have to post in other areas of the forum, and, dont get access to all of it until a certain level. That may deter some of those.

It would make more sense to restrict access to the rest of the site until you have so many posts in the BD - that would weed out a lot of imposters.

But there are loads post in off topic who (I think) don't know anything about football, they just enjoy the childish banter....

i understand the need to restrict access etc, my only concern is this. living in oz, i use this sight as a valuable source of rangers news, saves hunting through the net. plus, i get to hear opinions/reports from people that were actually there, rather than just a journo's opinion. this site can't been as an information resource. i don't post alot, simply for the reason that seeing the games on tv a week later doesn't put me in a credible position to. i'd rather read the opinons, rather than add any old bullshit just to get a 'posting count'. so security must be balanced with this in mind as i'm sure many bears are in my situation.

I think one problem you might be facing is, you seem to be on a one man crusade to romove anything Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant from a RANGERS forum, and, advocating the fact it has nothing to do with the club or the fans, which, in itself does appear odd, and, certainly would to someone looking in. I cant quite fathom why you want this, and, on top of that, its hardly a suggestion that would garnish a lot of support from Bears, given you are trying to do what the majority of the media in Scotland is, which is, essentially, trying to make anyone of the Protestant faith feel unwelcome, only, in this case, in a place where they are/should be most welcomed.

Many people perhaps arent interesting in talking about that kind of thing, but, your main supporting argument was that it has nothing to do with us, and that there is no, or shouldnt be any, link to us, which, in all honesty mate, is barking!

Hmmm, then, on a twist on that, why not impliment some type of rule where you cant get into the BD without a certain number of posts? A LOT of sites do that, where you have to post in other areas of the forum, and, dont get access to all of it until a certain level. That may deter some of those.

It would make more sense to restrict access to the rest of the site until you have so many posts in the BD - that would weed out a lot of imposters.

But there are loads post in off topic who (I think) don't know anything about football, they just enjoy the childish banter....

i understand the need to restrict access etc, my only concern is this. living in oz, i use this sight as a valuable source of rangers news, saves hunting through the net. plus, i get to hear opinions/reports from people that were actually there, rather than just a journo's opinion. this site can't been as an information resource. i don't post alot, simply for the reason that seeing the games on tv a week later doesn't put me in a credible position to. i'd rather read the opinons, rather than add any old bullshit just to get a 'posting count'. so security must be balanced with this in mind as i'm sure many bears are in my situation.

Oh absolutely, as I said before, the devil is always in the details, and, I made no recommendations of those, isnt my job to do so :D

Indeed, but I wasn't suggesting we do it, just that if we were going down that road, it would make more sense to insist that folk post abou the footie - that's what weeds out imposters.

But I don't think RM has such a problem with them that it's needed - unlike another board.....

Indeed, but I wasn't suggesting we do it, just that if we were going down that road, it would make more sense to insist that folk post abou the footie - that's what weeds out imposters.

But I don't think RM has such a problem with them that it's needed - unlike another board.....

fair point. i don't have any issues with post restrictions etc, there's a fair argument for it. i can understand how people may feel about someone, who's just signed up with fuck all posts, posting some drivel. just as long as i can continue to read the news in the bears den, i'm more than happy. i'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere.