Do you have any ideas on how to make the site better?

Canadaready

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get my head around why so many people (MOPES/Apologists) seem to find a problem with cultural threads in the BD. Its hardly as if you have to click/view every single thread in the BD. If you don't like the thread stay out it and don't post.

Does it bother you's that much? Do you sit looking on the main BD page looking at a thread title of "Orange walk" spitting with rage?

(tu) .That disgusted they continue to post in it and disrupt any debate.

Exactly mate and then it proceeds with another debate about why it shouldn't be in the BD etc.

Maybe that's another suggestion then,anyone entering the thread and disrupting it by arguing"What's it got to do with Rangers?"

should have their warn level raised. It happens every time one of the threads are posted.

Is that not what Mods should be doing moderating the discussions.

The difficulty is, it depends on the discussion, people are entitled to their views and if diplomacy doesnt' work then in some cases warn levels are raised.

Another problem, technically it's not breaking any rules and on top of that not every post and thread can be monitored due to the volumes of traffic and not every member of staff is on the site 24/7.

I dont see the point in making a new area for PUL topics as they should be in the BD and if a few handwringers dont like it then tough titty.

Grow up and deal with it no one forces them to participate or read the threads.

I can't get my head around why so many people (MOPES/Apologists) seem to find a problem with cultural threads in the BD. Its hardly as if you have to click/view every single thread in the BD. If you don't like the thread stay out it and don't post.

Does it bother you's that much? Do you sit looking on the main BD page looking at a thread title of "Orange walk" spitting with rage?

(tu) .That disgusted they continue to post in it and disrupt any debate.

Exactly mate and then it proceeds with another debate about why it shouldn't be in the BD etc.

Maybe that's another suggestion then,anyone entering the thread and disrupting it by arguing"What's it got to do with Rangers?"

should have their warn level raised. It happens every time one of the threads are posted.

Most of the time i've seen it it has been like weekend or late night and there hasn't been a lot of mods on(not a dig,you have a life)

The last time a mod was on(Frankie) he was wrongly accused of encouraging the Protestant/Loyalist cause.

Just for saying the Bears Den was the best place for these threads.

I agree, it seemed strange.

The only strange thing is that BP9 is still allowed on here.....

Why shoulnd't he be allowed on here?

Look through his posts.

If you can't work it out, don't let it bother you.

Some people agree with him as well.

And your point is?

I think there should be a minimum posts thing before being allowed in The Bears Den, perhaps 250? Any Tim joining the forum, pretending to be a Bear just to wind us up, would most likely not have the patience, time or willpower to be without heroin for that long and so would not bother joining at all.

I also think Admin should be a bit more strict when it comes to banning some undercover Tims. I think often you guys are far too tolerant of Declan-in-disguise and actually wait until they admit they are a beggar before hitting the ban button. There are some guys on here - many of whom have thousands of posts - that are clearly not Rangers fans. But because they haven't admitted it yet, they are kept around. I appreciate that they cause controversy and therefore activity on the board, but I think the place would be much better without them. If they come on the board and slag our players, club and traditions constantly then get rid in my opinion.

Other than those minor issues, you guys do a great job and the site is excellent!

I agree, it seemed strange.

The only strange thing is that BP9 is still allowed on here.....

Why shoulnd't he be allowed on here?

Look through his posts.

If you can't work it out, don't let it bother you.

Some people agree with him as well.

And your point is?

The point is there is no point in banning him because he isn't a tim and he isn't singled out with just that one opinion as being the only person who thinks like that.

I think there should be a minimum posts thing before being allowed in The Bears Den, perhaps 250? Any Tim joining the forum, pretending to be a Bear just to wind us up, would most likely not have the patience, time or willpower to be without heroin for that long and so would not bother joining at all.

I also think Admin should be a bit more strict when it comes to banning some undercover Tims. I think often you guys are far too tolerant of Declan-in-disguise and actually wait until they admit they are a beggar before hitting the ban button. There are some guys on here - many of whom have thousands of posts - that are clearly not Rangers fans. But because they haven't admitted it yet, they are kept around. I appreciate that they cause controversy and therefore activity on the board, but I think the place would be much better without them. If they come on the board and slag our players, club and traditions constantly then get rid in my opinion.

Other than those minor issues, you guys do a great job and the site is excellent!

The difficulty with that though comes how do you interpret their view point, some members are far more liberal minded than others, some people weren't born and raised in Glasgow or Northern Ireland for example and were protected, for want of a better word, to certain aspects of the culture that other people experienced.

I know of a couple of members, at least, who have been accused of being tims but I know they're definitely not, proof is required to ban those that are tims we can't ban them because they might disagree with another members views.

What chance have we got when some of our own fans want nothing to do with our Protestant traditions. The media and the tims must love you all for helping them to try and get rid of all our Traditions, all our absent friends will be horrifed by your attitude.

I agree with what Davys saying as well as ive lost count of the amount of earls ive ousted and reported and half of them are still on here lurking in the shadows.

Anyone who is reported, officially, is investigated, but as I said in some cases they have been found not to be tims.

The point is there is no point in banning him because he isn't a tim and he isn't singled out with just that one opinion as being the only person who thinks like that.

You didn't manage to work it out then :rolleyes:

You struggling to read english? :rolleyes:

No. Why do you ask?

Is there something you don't understand?

Hey weren't you banned!

Hey weren't you banned!

Shut it you!

I was martyred.

You struggling to read english? :rolleyes:

No. Why do you ask?

Is there something you don't understand?

I'v already explained. There is nothing wrong with the view he has.

I have no problem with protestantism or unionism, and if people want to discuss loayalism for instance they can, but in my opinion it actually has zero to do with Rangers.

Tidied that up for you.

Interesting that you missed out the typo though :P

It actually does have zero to with Rangers' foundations, our roots, the only thing you can tie to us Unionism because Scotland is still in Britain, and the majority of the population 'identify' themselves as Protestant. All the identities you listed became associated with the club, after its birth. Fact.

I don't really see the need for you to be so forceful in your opinions. All I'm doing is making a suggestion. You don't need to agree with it, just read it. I don't expect you personally to take it into account.

In a separate point, banning u18s wont work as people will just lie.