Velicka

adamlafferty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is bizarre, god forbid, if Boyd is sold (looking less likely?) We have no strong striker in a similar mould who is "guarenteed" to get goals as it remains to be seen wether or not Lafferty is as clinical (and he certainly isnt an ideal target man)

I'm not getting the whole Lafferty thing at all tbh.

We should have been looking to sell him to a top end Championship/bottom end Premiership side this Summer.

Not a fan of Lafferty, hopefully he'll be punted at the end of the season.

Then again, who'll be daft enough to take him :anguish: total waste of money

At Hearts i thought he looked a player, super brace at Parkhead,and plenty other goals, when he came to us i thought we had a goodun, his belter(and it was) v Hibs at Easter Road apart i thought he was awful, thank fuck he 's gone.

Lafferty imo will turn out a cracking player for us, the seasons ahead will prove it was money well well spent.

I think this is bizarre, god forbid, if Boyd is sold (looking less likely?) We have no strong striker in a similar mould who is "guarenteed" to get goals as it remains to be seen wether or not Lafferty is as clinical (and he certainly isnt an ideal target man)

We should have been looking to sell him to a top end Championship/bottom end Premiership side this Summer.

Are you referring to Boyd or Lafferty?

Lafferty (tu)

Lafferty (tu)

He was undescribably bad against Man City :anguish:

Lafferty (tu)

He was undescribably bad against Man City :anguish:

And Arsenal, although tbh, he was chasing lost causes and got marked out and outpaced by silvestre the whole game. Looking back we got fucking robbed, especially considering the players Burnley brought in with that cash... We have a right laugh at celtic for buying loovens but they would probably have rather spent that money on loovens than the money we spent on Kyle and I hope im not the only one that thinks that

Just what is he exactly?

He doesn't score enough goals and he isn't strong enough to be an out and out centre forward in the SPL and he doesn't have the pace or the ball control to be a winger either.

He's £3.5m worth of potential.

:anguish:

I am surprised that Smith hasn't at least moved for a player on loan yet this season, I was complaining to a friend about Velicka the other day, that we need players off the bill and we prob won't sign anyone, yet we can afford Velicka to stay and eat up wages when we could get rid of him and at the very least get a defender on loan. Pompey just got Vanden Borre on loan and although we don't need a right back it shows that decent defenders are available to loan.

Totally agree (tu)

I've just realised that we could have signed Matias Fernandez for the same price as Lafferty.

I'm away for a sob.

no way? :anguish::anguish:

Less.

Sporting paid Villarreal something in the region of €3.8m (that's Euros :anguish:) for him.

I've just realised that we could have signed Matias Fernandez for the same price as Lafferty.

I'm away for a sob.

Less.

Sporting paid Villarreal something in the region of €3.8m (that's Euros :anguish:) for him.

I think it might have been just less than that :anguish:

I'm away for a sob.

Less.

Sporting paid Villarreal something in the region of €3.8m (that's Euros :anguish: ) for him.

Just shows the ambition of our club Iain its a fucking disgrace. If I was in charge I would sack everyone from the highest position in the club right down to under 19 level as they're a joke.

Look lads get a grip for a minute! lafferty will turn out to be a great player for Rangers he has all the attributes and it will happen! Velicka is a player of the wage bill because Smith and Murray have something up their sleave! maybe not be huge but something and will go with the plan!

if he is not in the plans for the season ahead

it makes sense to save on the wages

Yes, but we are already saving a huge amount of money per week compared to last season now that big earners such as Hemdani & Bazza have left, while a number of peripheral players like Adam and Gow have also gone. Surely that's enough and now we're at the point where we are compromising our ability to defend our title and be anything other than making-up-the-numbers in the CL???