SPL winners this season straight into the CL group stages.

pcbear

Its in the Evening Times tonight, i thought the same as the above posters.

Thats your problem there.

You read the Evening Times :craphead:

Seriously though, Im sure our co-efficient is piss poor especially after all the other scottish teams got pumped out vof europe very quickly.

I've seen reports that as OP says, if winner of the tournament qualifies by their own league position then SPL champs will go straight in. Was same scenario few years ago when Barcelona won Champions League vs Arsenal and Celtic went straight into CL.

Just what i have seen reported.

The champions of Scotland this year will NOT go straight in

They will go in at the play-off stage at best

(tu)

I think they will have to playoff against a team to qualify.

according to newspaper reports if the winners of champions league ie real madrid finish in the top 2(automatic qualifing position)of theyre league then spl winners go automatically into the group stage

Does it not have to do with our National coefficient as well? And that's taken a beating lately?

For next season or the season after, aye. But this season, no.

So we win the league and Barcelona win the CL and La Liga then we're in again with the big boys.

Tbh it doesn't really matter because if the winner does go into the qualifiers the new rules mean the best team we can draw is like Sparta Prague or Olympiakos. The champions section this time round is.

Sheriff Vs Olympiakos

Ventspils Vs Zurich

Salzburg Vs M. Haifa

Copenhagen Vs APOEL

Levski Sofia Vs Debrecen

and we will be seeded actually so we would be able to beat any of those unseeded teams.

Is it not ironic that we need the bheggers to qualify for the CL and Hearts for the Europa League in order to keep our co-efficent?

The question is what matters more, money now, or money then?

Does it not have to do with our National coefficient as well? And that's taken a beating lately?

For next season or the season after, aye. But this season, no.

So we win the league and Barcelona win the CL and La Liga then we're in again with the big boys.

Cheers Goat.. thx for the info! This is a bit of good news for sure.

National co-efficients always run a year behind so based on performance up to the end of last season scotland lie in 13th place. The champions of the top 12 countries get an automatic CL Group place. If however, the CL winners this season win their league they would NOT take one of these places then the 13th placed country gets its champions in, i.e. Scotland.

So in summary we need CL winners to also win their domestic league and us to win SPL and it is another year straight into the Groups.