Hull in Hinkel swoop

BryanRfc

HULL CITY have slapped in a £3million bid for Celtic right-back Andreas Hinkel.

And sources in Germany last night revealed that FC Cologne have already failed in a big-bucks move to lure him back to the Bundesliga.

It's understood that Celtic WILL sell the German international defender if Hull boss Phil Brown ups the ante to £4m.

After a shaky start to his Hoops career Hinkel is suddenly hot property.

He shone as Tony Mowbray's side beat Dinamo Moscow 2-0 in Russia to set up Tuesday night's Champions League qualifying crunch with Arsenal.

Now the 27-year-old could be sacrificed to the Premiership with Celtic making a big profit on the £1.9m Gordon Strachan shelled out to La Liga outfit Sevilla in January 2008.

Celts' August sales might not end there as it's believed crocked skipper Stephen McManus - set for a comeback game against Blackburn reserves next week - Lee Naylor and Massimo Donati also face uncertain futures under their new gaffer.

But ex-Stuttgart ace Hinkel, who has 19 caps, showed top form in spells last season while he's expected to be a first choice in the new campaign.

With his wife pregnant he is happy and settled at Parkhead - but the lure of the Premiership with Hull would prove hugely tempting.

Meanwhile, Hoops striker Cillian Sheridan has extended his contract until 2011 - as he prepares to show Mowbray he's worth recalling in January.

The Irish kid has joined Plymouth on loan and is set for a debut against QPR today.

Sheridan said: "My deal would have been up at the end of this season but I've added another year. I want to score goals for Plymouth, but also show Tony Mowbray what I'm capable of."

£3million wtf

One rag says 1.5m. Another 3m

Prob means it's 2m or so

They paid 1.9m for him and he is an International so they'll hardly take a loss

Apparently Robson, McManus and Flood are for the off as well

Probably mean's NO bid's have been received but his agent or Monkey face want it oot there that he is available

One rag says 1.5m. Another 3m

Prob means it's 2m or so

They paid 1.9m for him and he is an International so they'll hardly take a loss

Apparently Robson, McManus and Flood are for the off as well

That means Flood will have to start paying for his sellik strips again. Whit a prick.