List of the current squad & their contracts

Zappa

Trying to get a better picture of the squad & the length of contracts they're on, so here's what I've got so far. If you spot any mistakes or know about any of the ones with question marks, let me know & I'll update the list. (tu)

1 - Allan McGregor - contract till 2013

2 - Maurice Edu - contract till 2013

3 - David Weir - rolling contract

4 - Pedro Mendes - contract till 2011

5 - Sasa Papac - contract till 2011

6 - Lee McCulloch - contract till 2011

7 - Steven Davis - contract till 2012

8 - Kevin Thomson - contract till ???

9 - Kris Boyd - contract till 2010

10 - Nacho Novo - contract till 2010

14 - Steven Naismith - contract till ???

16 - Steven Whittaker - contract till 2012

18 - Kenny Miller - contract till ???

19 - Aaron Niguez (on loan from Valencia)

20 - DaMarcus Beasley - contract till ???

21 - Kirk Broadfoot - contract till 2010

24 - Madjid Bougherra - contract till 2012

25 - Neil Alexander - contract till 2011

26 - Steven Smith - contract till ???

27 - Kyle Lafferty - contract till ???

29 - John Fleck - contract till ???

43 - Steven Lennon - contract till 2010

47 - Jordan McMillan - contract till ???

48 - Andrew Little - contract till ???

49 - Steven Kinniburgh - contract till ???

52 - Andrew Shinnie - contract till 2010

66 - Danny Wilson - contract till ???

There's a few players that I think we should extend their contracts before Xmas; Boyd, Novo, Lennon & Shinnie. Not sure about Broadfoot, but I think he's a good squad player to have around. Stevie Smith is another one that I'm not sure about, but if his contract is up next summer I'd be very tempted to offer him an extension. Beasley is another question mark, but since I think his wages must be quite high, I'm tempted to say let him go, as we only payed about £700k for him from PSV. Talking of wages, I wouldn't be offering any of our players increased wages unless they're being under-payed.

There's a few players that I think we should extend their contracts before Xmas; Boyd, Novo, Lennon & Shinnie. Not sure about Broadfoot, but I think he's a good squad player to have around. Stevie Smith is another one that I'm not sure about, but if his contract is up next summer I'd be very tempted to offer him an extension. Beasley is another question mark, but since I think his wages must be quite high, I'm tempted to say let him go, as we only payed about £700k for him from PSV. Talking of wages, I wouldn't be offering any of our players increased wages unless they're being under-payed.

on wages, put them on a decent basic with a good bonus to give them an incentive?it may also make some easier to get rid of when we need to! :praise:

I couldn't care less if any of the players who's contract ends between now, and next summer, are released come the end of their deal!

Hopefully the likes of; Weir, Boyd, Beasley, Broadfoot, Smith, Novo, Lennon....are all moved on, and not given a new deal.

Next season, as usual, we will have a lot of players leaving, and will have to once again rebuild. Only this time, we don't have the money.

I couldn't care less if any of the players who's contract ends between now, and next summer, are released come the end of their deal!

Hopefully the likes of; Weir, Boyd, Beasley, Broadfoot, Smith, Novo, Lennon....are all moved on, and not given a new deal.

Next season, as usual, we will have a lot of players leaving, and will have to once again rebuild. Only this time, we don't have the money.

Well you are a barrel of laughs today :craphead:

Would be criminal if Boyd left for nothing.

I feel that only Broadfoot from that list will be given a new contract :anguish:

In my opinion I would give Boyd a long term deal, Novo a 1-2 year deal. Broadfoot a 1-2 year deal for back-up.

Stevie Smith has one more season to prove his worth.

Boyd is an enigma, in the Scottish games he should get us goals if played in a style that suits him, so I think he should be given a 2 year extension. Broadfoot is ok as a squad player but should only be given a years extension and see what happens. Novo, even though he is very popular and was looking good in pre-season I think should be released. Shinnie should be given a contract extension as I think he could eventually make an impact.

As for the others they should all be released with, if possible, getting Davie Weir to sign as a defensive coach, even though I don't think he will.

Boyd, Broadfoot, Novo have all done enough to merit at least 2 year extension (perhaps - as an age thing only 12 months for Novo) Beasley should be let go as for the younger players I am not sure as I dont know enough about them.

Sell him now then, but unfortunatley, no-one wants him!

No offense Muff, but I disagree; Boyd didn't go to Brum because he wanted to stay at Rangers. He also (imo) felt he was better than that & rightly so. If he was a foreigner playing in the SPL, having scored that amount of goals, he would already have earned himself a bigger move than the one to Brum, but no, he's a Scot with some flaws. I'll tell you what, there's dozens of world class players that have had close to Boyd's attributes & still been considered or in the pot for European player of the year. That's not to say that I think Boyd is world class, but I think we should be realistic. We've got a serious goal scorer & if anyone wants him, they should have to pay through the nose for it. Boydy is a £10m+ striker in today's market.

The only way to sell players for good prices and high prices is for the club to be seen to be making progress in Europe. That's why a good run in Europe would be great. Club's watching Rangers in the CL against the likes of Madrid etc, seeing good performances at the highest level.

If someone wanted Boyd, and offered decent enough money, then we'd know about it!

No-one wants him!

Of course we'd know about good offers, but when we talk Boyd, we're talking about our best goal scorer since Coisty. No one wants him? You're having a laugh. Coisty wasn't properly appreciated until he was in his late 20's.

The thing with Boyd is he is limited. Can find the net no bother but he isn't a great player by any means. His style and attributes seem to only fit one formation which is the 4-2-2. I don't think he would suit a 4-3-3 that much.

The thing is, we don't give players a chance. Boyd gets cast out as a 4-4-2 only striker when in actual fact he can play just about any striking role if given the chance. It involves some belief & good will, but given that, there's no reason why Boydy can't do his thing in the roles given to him.

In a 4-5-1, as the lone forward you need to be able to hold the ball up but also have good movement about you and some sort of pace to lose defenders. I think he plays best with a forward next to him. Him and Miller have a nice balance.

Apart from startling ball skill, the only thing Boyd's missing is pace. The thing is, he could speed up with the right training.