Walter admits 3 games in 7 days might be too much for Davie Weir

Boab

I was happy to see Fleck play, but I don't think he would have if Lafferty was fit.

and no wonder.....

?

Take it you weren't at the Man City game?

Lafferty was :anguish:

nope but lafferty has proved himself at first team level, something fleck has yet to do, and finished the season very well.

Around Christmas team last year when Fleck was giving a run out he got MOTM for the majority of games he played.

Although it was against some of the weaker teams, you can't say that he hasn't proved himself.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was happy to see Fleck play, but I don't think he would have if Lafferty was fit.

and no wonder.....

?

nope but lafferty has proved himself at first team level, something fleck has yet to do, and finished the season very well.

Well people who know a lot more than me or you say that you're only as good as your last game.

And going by their last two games at which I was in attendance, Fleck is first choice for that attacking left-sided role just now (tu)

I count his last game as Dundee utd (or did he play in the Scottish cup final) bounce games have no real interest to me….

The youth didn't get a run out in friendlys because it was more important to get our first team fitness back.

So we can't even afford to give them 20-25 minute run outs.

Come on now, every fucking team bar Rangers do it FFS :angry:

Just out if interest what young players have celtic being giving a run out in the last 20-25 minutes of games……

They're the same as us, and it's one of their main frustrations as a fanbase from talking the the guys I know.

How about we look at Hibs?

They gave their young lads a chance and they took it. They took it so well that our club shelled out £4.5m on two of their players. That's not to mention the money we paid for Kenny Miller first time round from them.

Or how about Killie? They done the same and we've spent £2.4m on two of their players.

Dario Gradi at Crewe gave Bougherra a chance as a youngster and Villa did the same with Davis.

It can work.

Hibs aren’t expected to or need to win every league game though. They bring on young players as they can’t afford to sign a first team squad. Our youth is as back up to a core of more experienced players, that’s the way it should be at a big club.

this is the youngest squad we had in my time of supporting rangers but Walter doesn't give youth a chance...it's hilarious.....

The team that will start most weeks has an average age of 26/27, so it's not really THAT young.

We've got a young squad because rules stipulate that we need x amount of homegrown youngsters in every named squad.

That doesn't mean that they'll actually get a chance though. As they say, you can bend statistics however you like, but the average of the players who are likely to get a game isn't really THAT young.

I count his last game as Dundee utd (or did he play in the Scottish cup final) bounce games have no real interest to me….

Whatever suits your argument.

The Man City match was certainly a tougher, faster and more physical game than Falkirk was.

and no wonder.....

?

Around Christmas team last year when Fleck was giving a run out he got MOTM for the majority of games he played.

Although it was against some of the weaker teams, you can't say that he hasn't proved himself.

I was utterly under whelmed by fleck last season to be honest. I think the boy has ability and will go on to be a player but he just wasn’t ready, hence the reason he was dropped, the motm was to give the boy a boost more than him actually ever being the best player on the pitch.

The Man City match was certainly a tougher, faster and more physical game than Falkirk was.

Nope, it's just my opinion.

Sebo scored against Chelsea a couple of years ago it certainly wouldn’t have made me think why don’t I play him next week if I was the manager…..

Nope, it's just my opinion.

Sebo scored against Chelsea a couple of years ago it certainly wouldn’t have made me think why don’t I play him next week if I was the manager…..

Still looks better up front for me.

I was utterly under whelmed by fleck last season to be honest. I think the boy has ability and will go on to be a player but he just wasn’t ready, hence the reason he was dropped, the motm was to give the boy a boost more than him actually ever being the best player on the pitch.

Did you even see the games?

Fleck was one of the best players on the pitch. The reason he was dropped was because we had tougher opposition coming up, and his performances were starting to fade against some of the better teams.

Did you even see the games?

Fleck was one of the best players on the pitch. The reason he was dropped was because we had tougher opposition coming up, and his performances were starting to fade against some of the better teams.

Yep I saw the games and I thought it was more a case of people wanting the boy to do well and overstating his contribution. He wasn’t handling the physicality of the first team squad and wasn’t disciplined enough to play in the system walter was playing last season and wasn’t performing so was dropped, I fully expect him to make the grade this year though.

He was asked to play far too deep against Celtic, he was almost like a secondary full back to contain Hinkel :anguish:

Never really recovered from that and even our own fans started questioning him. Well, the thick ones at least.

The youth didn't get a run out in friendlys because it was more important to get our first team fitness back.

So we can't even afford to give them 20-25 minute run outs.

Come on now, every fucking team bar Rangers do it FFS :angry:

Just out if interest what young players have celtic being giving a run out in the last 20-25 minutes of games……

We are not talking about celtc here. It's Rangers we are on about!

I thought that might be your answer as you invented your original statement about every team doing this.......

Ok then; Manchester City, PSG, Atletico, Barcelona, Rapid Vienna, Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea, Sunderland, Motherwell, Killie, Dundee, Dundee United, Falkirk, Bayern Munich, Boca Juniors....all gave their younger and youth players a run out in pre-season.