If Scott Brown gets sold would this be bad news for us

Bluepeter9

Speculation in the SM that Spurs making a big bid for Brown

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/200...78057-21600396/

Now this could be bad news for us as I think that they will be able to increase their squad depth with this and over the season a decent squad is a must and we do look fragile in depth. We are also likely to have more games than them (as they might struggle in the CL against Arsenal !?) and when injuries and suspensions kick in thats when squads become important - I think we are ahead of them at the moment (just) but as Brown has nort been that significant for them (IMHO) then the money would be useful for them to develop their squad?

Now this could be bad news for us as I think that they will be able to increase their squad depth with this and over the season a decent squad is a must and we do look fragile in depth. We are also likely to have more games than them (as they might struggle in the CL against Arsenal !?) and when injuries and suspensions kick in thats when squads become important - I think we are ahead of them at the moment (just) but as Brown has nort been that significant for them (IMHO) then the money would be useful for them to develop their squad?

Who gives a monkeys what they do ? And is your source the Sunday Mirror, or the Sunday Mail ?

Broonaldo is no more than a good player. This is the fourth rumour about him since he signed for Sellik. It has all been paper talk an not one club or manager has ever publically admitted bidding for him. I am trying not to be deliberately sarcastic about him, but in all seriousness, does anyone here seriously believe he is worth 3X the fee for Davis,Mendes, Thompson, Fletcher etc,.

None of those players have a hope in hells chance if attracting that sort of fee and Broons not three times better even in todays inflated market.

The money men at Ibrox will be kicking themselves more than anything on a missed opportunity when we had the chance to get Thomson & Brown for £4m. One game later against Italy and his value doubled so a bit of bad luck at the end of the day.

If they do sell him then I don't see them investing in new players. Celtic are very 'profit proud' and the transfer fee would balance their top line after (hopefully) missing out on the CL money.

Who gives a monkeys what they do ? And is your source the Sunday Mirror, or the Sunday Mail ?

There is a clue in the link I posted! http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/200...78057-21600396/

Brown is the new Yellow.

What has he done to justify the money the Scum paid for him?

How can a cowardly piece of gormless shit increase in value by running round snarling at real footballers? He looks more like Rudolph Nureyev than Rambo when called upon to do his job and perform a simple task on the pitch, a task which thousands of schoolkids carry out every week, with a hundred times more bottle than this fucking gutless posturing excuse for a man.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6971/oslo682x400865846a.jpg

Keep him Scumbags, we're depending on him.

Brown is the new Yellow.

How can a cowardly piece of gormless shit increase in value by running round snarling at real footballers? He looks more like Rudolph Nureyev than Rambo when called upon to do his job and perform a simple task on the pitch, a task which thousands of schoolkids carry out every week, with a hundred times more bottle than this fucking gutless posturing excuse for a man.

.. :lol: a tadge harsh - he is a decent footballer - I dont think he is worth £11M but I would have him in our squad - no problem.

Brown is the new Yellow.

.. :lol: a tadge harsh - he is a decent footballer - I dont think he is worth £11M but I would have him in our squad - no problem.

You in the Mad Squad?

Usual pish bein fed to guidi the unofficial cellic spokesman before a cl qualifying game, not a cl game to get publicity. Still haven't win away in cl game yet incidently. But basically who gives a fcuk about broon or the shite he plays for it means nothing to us. ;):sherlock:

Not bothered, as they would be losing one of their best players, and they will never bring in a suitable replacement, most of the money will go back into the club and Lawwell can do his usual spin about how great the "balance sheet" is.

All in all, I think they'll be weakened. And it'll be good to see a Scottish player playing for a decent PL team.

Broonaldo is no more than a good player. This is the fourth rumour about him since he signed for Sellik. It has all been paper talk an not one club or manager has ever publically admitted bidding for him. I am trying not to be deliberately sarcastic about him, but in all seriousness, does anyone here seriously believe he is worth 3X the fee for Davis,Mendes, Thompson, Fletcher etc,.

None of those players have a hope in hells chance if attracting that sort of fee and Broons not three times better even in todays inflated market.

Exactly. I dont think that they would offer any more then 5 mill for Brown. He just runs around like a headless chicken all day and has no first touch whatsoever,cant pass, and cant run with a ball.

BAD NEWS?

not at all,that money will only balance the books for thier shortfall in revenue including :(hopefully) thier failure to reach CL,tv money and season ticket/merchandising sales.

Brown (regardless what anyone says) is a decent player and his departure WILL weaken the mhanks.

its fucking superb news if true

Exactly. I dont think that they would offer any more then 5 mill for Brown. He just runs around like a headless chicken all day and has no first touch whatsoever,cant pass, and cant run with a ball.

He doesn't though does he? Most Rangers fans would have taken him in a heartbeat before he signed for the filth. Why be churish about it?

Brown is the new Yellow.

Looking at the four men in the wall, it's just as bad if not worse. Hutton's is golden. :lol:

IMO it would be terrible news for us. Getting £7m or £11m for a fairly average player would do them the world of good.

I still honestly fail to see what broon has done to justify his value rising to these kinds of levels.