Recommended Clock Speed for Laptop.

TheMenace72

Just got into uni and wanting a new laptop, current one is Toshiba L20 bought it nearly 4 years ago.

Its been a cracking laptop, but its just getting too slow for the latest technologies.

Looking for a laptop with 15.4 inch screen, 2GB RAM and a clock speed capable of running the 3D Match Engine in Football Manager 09 without any problems at all.

I saw a laptop in ASDA, only £200 - Toshiba L300 with 15.4 inch, Vista and 2GB RAM, but I wasn't sure if the clock speed of 1.8 GHz was good enough for running the FM engine.

Anyone know if it would be able to or any cheap laptops going that you could recommend?

Cheers. :D

Is it not to do with the graphics the laptop has?

Also don't really see why you are going out your way to get the 3D match engine for FM as I think I have used it about twice, nothing really special tbh

Also don't really see why you are going out your way to get the 3D match engine for FM as I think I have used it about twice, nothing really special tbh

I'm not totally sure mate, I'm pretty good with the whole software part of computers, but this kind of thing confuses me.

What would you recommend graphics-wise?

I don't like it either, just thought it would give me a good idea of how capable the laptop is, a kind of benchmark really.

I'm not totally sure mate, I'm pretty good with the whole software part of computers, but this kind of thing confuses me.

I don't like it either, just thought it would give me a good idea of how capable the laptop is, a kind of benchmark really.

awrite no bother, not sure mate I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm the same as you with software etc but as soon as it comes to hardware aint got a clue.

For FM 3D I think you just need a grapics card. But no sure, a more informed poster will be able to tell you.

awrite no bother, not sure mate I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm the same as you with software etc but as soon as it comes to hardware aint got a clue.

For FM 3D I think you just need a grapics card. But no sure, a more informed poster will be able to tell you.

Ok, its runs on my laptop but its hardly watchable.

Cheers for your help bud.

requirements (PC)

•Windows XP / Vista

•1.4GHz processor for XP or 2.0 GHz for Vista

•512MB RAM for XP or 1GB RAM for Vista

•Graphic Card - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or better.

My laptop runs FM 2008 like a dream in 3D and it only has an on-board graphic cards (x3100 i think). Not that i really use the 3D though.

My laptop has 1gb ram, 2ghz clock speed and it runs on xp.

Cheers for that, got a better idea now. I wouldn't use it either, it's awful :anguish:.

Looks like I'll need to investigate graphics cards, thanks for everyone's help :D

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB
Graphic: No sure think I have the Nvidia 8800 GTM I think

But FM 2009 runs easily on my laptop.