Kris Boyd linked with a move to Turkey, 50k?!

Boab

Davis Mendes Thomson

Naismith Boyd Miller

:drool:

... :craphead:

I think that'd be brilliant actually.

4-3-3

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: (:anguish:) :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:mendes: :davis: :thomson:

:Naismith: :boyd: :miller:

Alexander for McGregor and a new centre half to come in for Weir!

Lafferty for Boyd and we're there.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Not a chance Rangers would accept £1.5m for Boyd!

See, thats the bit that worries me the most, I think they would! Its Bain remember, plus, people will see it as "good business" because its saving on wages or something.

Absolutely retarded if they accept that, but I dont actually expect any better from Bain

I'm loathe to believe the article but if we sell Boyd for the figures quoted it will be nothing short of a scandal.

We're all well aware of the lad's shortcomings but he remains the best goalscorer in the country. Renewing his contract may be costly (his wages would need to be increased by a fair amount) but at least we have him retained at the club and his transfer value increases.

Some of our fans are fucken idiots.

McCoist was a lazy bastard and all he did was score, yet everyone regards him as this remarkable legendary striker. It's amazing how different people think of a player because he was a cheeky chappy always up for a laugh. Sell Boyd and lose a guaranteed 25 goals a season. Infact he'd be the first person I'd offer a contract to out that whole team.

Did you ever see McCoist play? Super Ally may have missed a host of chances,(but always came back to try again) , but one thing that he could NEVER be accused of is being a lazy bastard !

McCoist was a lazy bastard and all he did was score, yet everyone regards him as this remarkable legendary striker. It's amazing how different people think of a player because he was a cheeky chappy always up for a laugh. Sell Boyd and lose a guaranteed 25 goals a season. Infact he'd be the first person I'd offer a contract to out that whole team.

Did you actually watch McCoist? Did you miss the runs he made to get into position? Did you miss the switchover runs with Hately and Johnston?Are you forgetting the way he dropped back to link play?

I agree with you about Boyd; we had been screaming for a natural goalscorer and now we have one we want him to be an "inverclyde striker", running about harrying defenders, who cannot set up forward moves anyway, and not getting into the positions to keep scoring vital goals.Now he has not been offered a new contract and could potentially leave for a pittance or for nothing and soon we will be screaming for a natural instinctive striker but cannot afford one.

Did you ever see McCoist play? Super Ally may have missed a host of chances,(but always came back to try again) , but one thing that he could NEVER be accused of is being a lazy bastard !

McCoist only improved his work-rate after Mo Johnston arrived as he knew he wouldn't get into the team otherwise. He managed to retain this improvement after Johnston left because he also knew his age could also be held against him.

Boyd would do well to look at this period in McCoist's career. Indeed, I think he has in the last year or so but there remains scope for further improvement in his application during games.

McCoist only improved his work-rate after Mo Johnston arrived as he knew he wouldn't get into the team otherwise. He managed to retain this improvement after Johnston left because he also knew his age could also be held against him.

Boyd would do well to look at this period in McCoist's career. Indeed, I think he has in the last year or so but there remains scope for further improvement in his application during games.

(tu) so true mate. Johnston had a huge effect on McCoists game, and is nicknames! I feel Boyd has made most improvement since the Ferguson incident, both in his play, and, how he is coming across in the media. I think he remains one of our biggest "sellable" assets, but, at the same time, pretty vital to us in general, so, should not go, especially not for a pittance

Did you actually watch McCoist? Did you miss the runs he made to get into position? Did you miss the switchover runs with Hately and Johnston?Are you forgetting the way he dropped back to link play?

I agree with you about Boyd; we had been screaming for a natural goalscorer and now we have one we want him to be an "inverclyde striker", running about harrying defenders, who cannot set up forward moves anyway, and not getting into the positions to keep scoring vital goals.Now he has not been offered a new contract and could potentially leave for a pittance or for nothing and soon we will be screaming for a natural instinctive striker but cannot afford one.

:clap: Hugely true

Rangers are desperate for money? I'm worried if this is the case as we've already let about 10 players go taking a good chunk off the wage bill and we have a CL windfall on the way.

Sounds like yet more pathetic paper talk to make our situation sound much worse than it really is and sell a few rags.

Pity the club are keeping us all in the dark as per.

A simple statement would dismiss any sort of speculation. I'd say 80% of us on here don't worry about it, but no doubt 20% are actually very concerned by this.

Outwith selling to the likes of Man City though, I don't think we'd get anything over £2m for Boyd with ten months left on a contract.

I see alot of ppl posting about the heat in turkey. Which is true, however I was over there last month on holiday

and im sure they play all there footy in the evenings when it is alot cooler. All the locals (barstaff etc) even played five a

side games at 1 or 2am believe it or not. But still dont think boydy wud take to it very well IMO

boydy 2 stay for me!!

wud sell for 4m tho

Boyd moans about the heat in Scotland ! Then again the kebabs are second to none over there!

story repeated in the ET

KRIS BOYD has been linked with a lucrative £50,000-a-week switch to Turkey.

The Rangers striker has entered the final year of his contract and that has alerted a host of clubs in England and across Europe.

Boyd was the subject of a £3.5million bid from Birmingham City last season and it's understood the Ibrox club would be willing to sell their leading goalscorer for around £2m now rather than lose him for free at the end of the campaign.

Turkish rivals Trabzonspor and Kayserspor are both thought to be willing to pay around £1.5m and quadruple the wages of the prolific hitman, who found the net on 31 occasions last season to help Rangers secure the SPL title and Scottish Cup.

However, he is not a certain starter and Gers may cash in.

This is the thing though if Rangers lose him for free at the end of the season then its their own fucking fault for not offering him a contract.

Boyd is Rangers to the core, if give him a new contract and he will accept.

I'm sorry Danny, but that has to be one of the most ridiculous comments on Boyd I've ever heard. Without him, we would not have own the title last season. You would pay to have him taken away, and Celtic to have won 4-In-A-Row?

I was rhetorically expressing my interest in his possible sale. I don't have the money to pay any team to sign him.

No shit, really?

If you knew it to be the case, why did you ask?

£4million or nothing. That's what I would tell them. I don't care if he has less than a year on his contract, he is worth more than £1.5million. As for Boyd playing in the heat....he would get used to it. :ph34r:

He gets plenty of heat here in RM all the time.

Sounds like a Belgian you had an axe to grind with...

Boyd moans about the heat in Scotland ! Then again the kebabs are second to none over there!

story repeated in the ET

KRIS BOYD has been linked with a lucrative £50,000-a-week switch to Turkey.

The Rangers striker has entered the final year of his contract and that has alerted a host of clubs in England and across Europe.

Boyd was the subject of a £3.5million bid from Birmingham City last season and it's understood the Ibrox club would be willing to sell their leading goalscorer for around £2m now rather than lose him for free at the end of the campaign.

Turkish rivals Trabzonspor and Kayserspor are both thought to be willing to pay around £1.5m and quadruple the wages of the prolific hitman, who found the net on 31 occasions last season to help Rangers secure the SPL title and Scottish Cup.

However, he is not a certain starter and Gers may cash in.

Sell him and bring in 2 solid defenders. That would please me greatly.

We would not miss him.