Spending money

Weebawbees

Allow me to witter on a bit.

So much has been written over the summer months about what Septic have spent and what we have not.

Why, at this point in the season, should we care?

it seems sensible to me that Rangers play their cards close to their chest until they find out where the CL money is going- i.e., all to us, or a split to the septic.

If, as we hope, the runts get booted out tomorrow night, then surely it would make prudent sense for SDM to then say to SWS, "right, come JANUARY 2010, you now have £'X'M to spend to strengthen the squad and secure the title".

If the jammy c***s get thru, then it makes sense to play it canny - as they will have the same pressure on their squad as we have on ours - except this was ALWAYS going to be the year we brought youngsters in at some point. - So get them in early in the season when the pressure is not so intense.

My main point is, Celtic have spent big up front on a new untested (at this level) manager and a shitebag centre-forward and are unlikely to reap the rewards for that for at least two years, whereas we have only got to negotiate four months of football before we need to decide if we actually HAVE to spend to strengthen the squad in order to win the league again.

For once, IMHO, SDM has shown the same kind of prudence in footballing terms he may previously only have attributed to his other business interests.

makes perfect sense to me.

We didnt need to rush into signings like Celtic did.

If there is going to be a bit of money released, we are in a position to sit tight and pick someone up close to the end of the transfer window.

If there isnt any money, so be it.

Whatever happens, we have enough quality to compete for the SPL title.

We didnt need to rush into signings like Celtic did.

If there is going to be a bit of money released, we are in a position to sit tight and pick someone up close to the end of the transfer window.

If there isnt any money, so be it.

Whatever happens, we have enough quality to compete for the SPL title.

yes, I agree absolutely.

the OP believes that smith may get money in january, thats the issue i have

a few injuries and suspensions could leave us fucked and miles behind, then we lose boughie in jan for 6 weeks is it?

we need players in this window or smith HAS to pray to fuck we get lucky in the injury/suspension dept

a few injuries and suspensions could leave us fucked and miles behind, then we lose boughie in jan for 6 weeks is it?

we need players in this window or smith HAS to pray to fuck we get lucky in the injury/suspension dept

Agreed but we are skint.

Agreed but we are skint.

That's why Murray has told Smith to fast-track Ness, Wilson, Campbell etc to the first-team squad.

There's far more chance of these guys being given a chance later in the season as there is of new players coming in.

What worries me is we've moved 9 of the first team squad on and and now look threadbare through injuries and suspensions without even any progress made on signing a seemingly very promising 19 year old trialist.

I just wonder if something else is afoot that we don't know about.

If Celtic get a doin tonight i feel we'll invest in a new centre half...don't expect millions but maybe Stratzl(spelling) or Tonel for £1m or £1.5m.

We won't have envisaged getting that money so it will be a nice £2.5m bonus so therefor i expect Smith to ask for some to shore up the defence.

What worries me is we've moved 9 of the first team squad on and and now look threadbare through injuries and suspensions without even any progress made on signing a seemingly very promising 19 year old trialist.

I just wonder if something else is afoot that we don't know about.

But out of the 9 who have moved on other than fergy ( maybe ) who would you say was actually a decent payer and worth the shit wages we were paying? I happy for the duds and deadwood to go and to give the youth a chance, the expeirience they gane alone will be worth its salt to come in years time?

In general, I agree with the OP. I'd still like some of the extra CL money spent on a centre half, though. If I was more confident that a youth was going to be brought through to centre half rather than McCulloch/Broadfoot or the like being used as cover, I wouldn't be so concerned.

I cant beleive folk still dont think of this, suspensions and injuries. The 2 most imporatnt factors in any season. You would think that we won the league at a canter last season, we didnt. We were horrendeous for spells of it, that if repeated will go punished this time.

The fact WS is praying for the return of Big Kirk should have us all worried.

Guys can i just say something here (graeme souness only an excuse lol) anyway!

If Rangers are seriously considering 2mil for Kris Boyd, there will be NO NEW SIGNINGS whatsoever. We will be in a very poor financial state if we can afford to accept that kind of offer! We must have had a chance of being up shit creek without a boat or a paddle, if we never won the leauge. We have been very badly run over the past few years. We dont know how to negotiate! to even think of letting players like Kris Boyd go for between 1.5-2million pounds is a joke!

As stated about injuires and suspensions, this is a worrying thing that will hit our season! I dont think murray realises if he had sanctioned 3-4million punds for a LM and a CB then i firmly believe the championship would stay in Govan. Now im not saying we wont win the leauge guys, im saying if we get a shite run of injuries, suspensions, or even do well in Europe then we will be in trouble! we struggled during the run to manchester and we had a big(ish) squad. Its all fair and well saying our 1st 11 are good but add another 2 or 3 players to that and outside that we dont have much!

Well rant over from 1 very worried(about the finacial state)bear!

Anyway guys No surrender and well support them through thick and thin