Scott Neville

OzGers

Lads, thought i would share...

Fox Sports FC (a football program in Oz) just reported that Scott Neville, a young leftback who plays for the Perth Glory in the A- league has been invited for a trial with rangers in December...not big news but there is wraps on this young player...

to be honest, he has only managed to break through last season, but they think really highly of him and he recently signed a 3 yr deal..

he was actually born in england, so work permit is no bother...

Wiki says hes a RB/CB but you're an ozzie so i'll assume you're right :)

It's interesting to see we're trying to get a few youth players in, with the like of Bulmstein, Aaron and possibly this chap.

Kaiser shut the fuck up! the guy actually posts something half decent as its actually true!

Thanks for the post mate and at least it wasnt rangers line up beckham and ronaldinho to play in behind trezaguet thread

definately us, the reporter said it was a bit of a surprise because Glasgow Rangers were interested in giving him a trial...as for wages, he certainly would not be on alot of money in oz...he has only just signed a full time contract (was in youth set up last year) and the teams are salary capped in oz, so only limited funds...i have no doubt a 2nd or 3rd tier team could afford his wages..plus his money doubles when its in pounds!

I think I saw his first game last year against Melbourne Victory. If memory serves me right, he is actually a right back and looked promising showing a willingness to get down the line but also good defensively. I would add that the Australian League standard is nowhere near the SPL, but he may have a chance.

The Perth Glory coach is Dave Mitchell who used to play for us at once stage, so he possibly tipped us off....

I think I saw his first game last year against Melbourne Victory. If memory serves me right, he is actually a right back and looked promising showing a willingness to get down the line but also good defensively. I would add that the Australian League standard is nowhere near the SPL, but he may have a chance.

The Perth Glory coach is Dave Mitchell who used to play for us at once stage, so he possibly tipped us off....

Lik Mojo about Momo?

He is very young and done NOTHING in the A- League so I wouldnt get too excited yet.

If he is ANY good then he will get his chance this season.

Perth Glory where he plays have been an absolute joke of a club in Australia and underperformed for 4 seasons. So if he cant crack it in Perth then forget about him joining our great club. We dont want another Kevin Muscat or Tony Vidmar.

He is very young and done NOTHING in the A- League so I wouldnt get too excited yet.

If he is ANY good then he will get his chance this season.

Perth Glory where he plays have been an absolute joke of a club in Australia and underperformed for 4 seasons. So if he cant crack it in Perth then forget about him joining our great club. We dont want another Kevin Muscat or Tony Vidmar.

Tony Vidmar was a good player for us!!