Fighting for the right to be a female bluenose

Last night in work one of my workmates told me that a fellow female colleague had been talking behind my back and was bitching that it "wasn't right for a female to like football so much" and "it wasn't nice".I asked why this was even getting talked about in the first place and my friend said it started just after Rangers won the league this year.This woman is a bitter Tim but knows nothing about the sport or the team.My manager had given my special permission to go through the back to check my phone for updates of the scores and when it was full time I went up to my Bluenose work buddy and finally got to say "We did it!Champs again! :clap::gerbad:".I finished at 4pm that day and when my shift was finished I got changed,brought out my Rangers scarf and then went outside to wait for my Dad who was taking me to Ibrox.I did not ridicule her once,I barely even mentioned the results to her.It was one of those moments where I was more interested in celebrating with Bears than annoying myself by talking to Tims.She on the other hand was telling customers that it was ok "because Rangers hardly have any cups anyway".

So when I found out that she had said that "it's no right for a lassie to like football so much" I was angry but prepared to discount it as jealous bitter tim pish.However,my work mate said that the other people who she had been talking to agreed with her and said it wasn't normal.This was what really started to annoy me because I don't harm anyone with my supporting of Rangers and who has the right to judge me or any other female who follows the sport?

I've seen this attitude before though,I have a little black Rangers watch and someone on the bus once asked me the time and when I looked at the watch they noticed the emblem and said "why does a lassie want to wear something like that?".

I've also seen this attitude at Ibrox unfortunately and I often feel that I'm making the men around me feel uncomfortable by being a young female on my own.I don't think I'm paranoid either,only one guy actually talks to me at my seat and I just thought everyone else was shy or kept to themselves.However my dad was in the seat on Sat and commented on how everyone was talking away to him.In a way I understand why people might be more apprehensive to talk to me and why it takes longer to get a male fan's respect.Sometimes female supporter's are their own worst enemy as they will admit that they only watch it for the guy's legs or they are just in it for the glory,attention or even bigotry.That's why when I start discussing tactics or transfers people look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language <cr>

Now I don't mind people saying that it's unusual for a female to like football so much,I don't mind being in the minority and I don't even mind having to "earn" fellow fan's respect that little bit more than male counterparts do.But what I really hate is the idea that it shouldn't happen or "it's not right".

Once my workmate told me about the bitching I asked people who were on the same shift as me "do you think it's wrong if a girl actually likes football?" and I was really dissappointed when the security guard said "yeh,it just doesn't make sense" and this was echoed by the other people there at the time.

Even my own Dad didn't really acknowledge that I liked football for a while and my mum told me that he had said that he didn't really understand or like it.Coming from my family Rangers are the only team you can cheer on,but me actually taking an interest in the game?That wasn't so easy.My Granny also says "it's not very attractive" but I don't take so much of notice because it's more of a generation thing there.

What are your perceptions of female fans?Of course,you will have good and bad experiences but overall would you say that the females you encounter understand and enjoy the sport?Or is it more of a popularity thing when they put on a top?How do you feel when you see females at the stadium?A nuisance and you would prefer similar men around you because the general consensus is girls don't have a clue?Or do you not give any importance to gender as long as they love the team and aren't total idiots?Fellow female fans,what reactions do you face when you show a real interest in the team?

Be honest though,I'd really love to know if females can know "too much" about football and whether the lyrics "We love to see the lassies with the blue scarfs on" should be extended to "...but not at the stadium" :angry:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your perceptions of female fans?Of course,you will have good and bad experiences but overall would you say that the females you encounter understand and enjoy the sport?Or is it more of a popularity thing when they put on a top?How do you feel when you see females at the stadium?A nuisance and you would prefer similar men around you because the general consensus is girls don't have a clue?Or do you not give any importance to gender as long as they love the team and aren't total idiots?Fellow female fans,what reactions do you face when you show a real interest in the team

I Have no problem with female fans and you should take no notice of the ignorant cunts who dont speak to you or think your weird .

Last night in work one of my workmates told me that a fellow female colleague had been talking behind my back and was bitching that it "wasn't right for a female to like football so much" and "it wasn't nice".I asked why this was even getting talked about in the first place and my friend said it started just after Rangers won the league this year.This woman is a bitter Tim but knows nothing about the sport or the team.My manager had given my special permission to go through the back to check my phone for updates of the scores and when it was full time I went up to my Bluenose work buddy and finally got to say "We did it!Champs again! :clap::gerbad:".I finished at 4pm that day and when my shift was finished I got changed,brought out my Rangers scarf and then went outside to wait for my Dad who was taking me to Ibrox.I did not ridicule her once,I barely even mentioned the results to her.It was one of those moments where I was more interested in celebrating with Bears than annoying myself by talking to Tims.She on the other hand was telling customers that it was ok "because Rangers hardly have any cups anyway".

So when I found out that she had said that "it's no right for a lassie to like football so much" I was angry but prepared to discount it as jealous bitter tim pish.However,my work mate said that the other people who she had been talking to agreed with her and said it wasn't normal.This was what really started to annoy me because I don't harm anyone with my supporting of Rangers and who has the right to judge me or any other female who follows the sport?

I've seen this attitude before though,I have a little black Rangers watch and someone on the bus once asked me the time and when I looked at the watch they noticed the emblem and said "why does a lassie want to wear something like that?".

I've also seen this attitude at Ibrox unfortunately and I often feel that I'm making the men around me feel uncomfortable by being a young female on my own.I don't think I'm paranoid either,only one guy actually talks to me at my seat and I just thought everyone else was shy or kept to themselves.However my dad was in the seat on Sat and commented on how everyone was talking away to him.In a way I understand why people might be more apprehensive to talk to me and why it takes longer to get a male fan's respect.Sometimes female supporter's are their own worst enemy as they will admit that they only watch it for the guy's legs or they are just in it for the glory,attention or even bigotry.That's why when I start discussing tactics or transfers people look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language <cr>

Now I don't mind people saying that it's unusual for a female to like football so much,I don't mind being in the minority and I don't even mind having to "earn" fellow fan's respect that little bit more than male counterparts do.But what I really hate is the idea that it shouldn't happen or "it's not right".

Once my workmate told me about the bitching I asked people who were on the same shift as me "do you think it's wrong if a girl actually likes football?" and I was really dissappointed when the security guard said "yeh,it just doesn't make sense" and this was echoed by the other people there at the time.

Even my own Dad didn't really acknowledge that I liked football for a while and my mum told me that he had said that he didn't really understand or like it.Coming from my family Rangers are the only team you can cheer on,but me actually taking an interest in the game?That wasn't so easy.My Granny also says "it's not very attractive" but I don't take so much of notice because it's more of a generation thing there.

What are your perceptions of female fans?Of course,you will have good and bad experiences but overall would you say that the females you encounter understand and enjoy the sport?Or is it more of a popularity thing when they put on a top?How do you feel when you see females at the stadium?A nuisance and you would prefer similar men around you because the general consensus is girls don't have a clue?Or do you not give any importance to gender as long as they love the team and aren't total idiots?Fellow female fans,what reactions do you face when you show a real interest in the team?

Be honest though,I'd really love to know if females can know "too much" about football and whether the lyrics "We love to see the lassies with the blue scarfs on" should be extended to "...but not at the stadium" :angry:

You said she knows nothing About Football,well she proved you right with That Comment.

Aye it's Ok for Females to Like football.

Thers alot of Women go to the english Football. and theres alot more starting to go to the football up here.

(tu):uk:

Don't let it get to you from any perspective, times are changing, probably a lot more slower in Scotland than other parts of the world with regards to females in and supporting football. At one time it may have been more male driven but sod it, everyone has the right to support the greatest club in the world.

Keep going lass, and as the saying goes, "Don't let the bastards grind you down" :gerbad:

My good lady has had a season ticket in the Copland Rear for over 25 years. She knows the game, loves the'Gers and knows how to behave herself. A perfect Bluenose. Surely the days of questioning a female at a game are long past?

I would not give this comment a second thought Foreverabluebell. You are part of the family and have every right to be so, just as I have or any other poster on here!

If we allow women to attend the fitba, next they will be wanting the vote.

Can of Worms Loyal RSC.

Cov they're even talking about letting them drive!!!!

Okay, we need to draw a line in the sand.

Women can drive, vote, and attend reserve games.

They are NOT allowed to eat red meat, it makes them uppity.

There are some chicks who know plenty about the game, and some who appear to be in possession of diseased minds.

But then again, doesn't that describe blokes too?

Don't let it get to you from any perspective, times are changing, probably a lot more slower in Scotland than other parts of the world with regards to females in and supporting football. At one time it may have been more male driven but sod it, everyone has the right to support the greatest club in the world.

Keep going lass, and as the saying goes, "Don't let the bastards grind you down" :gerbad:

Nil Illigitimus Corborundum :pipe:

P.s why has no one asked for :pics: yet?

know how you feel ..I am footie mad female as well...it actually was because of my son as he was crazy about football from a young age and I had to tell him all the news before he could read and then he started playing from the age of 4 as well so my interest grew and grew...my Dad is perfectly fine about it and we always discuss whats going on in the leagues

women play football so why the hell aren't we allowed to discuss it and be interested in it?

its just so exciting as a sport I love it and am making no apologies for loving it and either should you

Bearettes unite!

With all due respect to the opening poster, my opinion is that football is for the lads. Its where we go to let off steam and tell the team, referee, manager, SDM etc if we're not happy. Its no coincidence that the atmosphere at games has changed dramatically since it became fashionable for lassies to attend.

were you at work per chance when you wrote this?

To be honest ive never heard of a lassie being given hassle for liking football. This wuman must just be a right cow. Ibrox has loads of girls in the stands week in week out as do a lot of stadiums. Obviously they are still in the minority, but i believe that as time goes on then there will be more and more girls going to the games.

My only concern at games in Scotland is the lack of black, asians etc at games. They really are in the minority