Gordon Strachan tonight

alstone

I know alot of people on here are laughing at celtics result tonight but what gordon strachan said spoke volumes for the chances of a scottish team in the champions league

"It wasnt exactly moybary v wenger, wenger had a machine gun and moybary had a water pistol" in relation to the resources available

Rangers are going to be up against the best of the best, and while its fantastic to be in the group stages of the CL its not a time to be smug when we've got the likes or real madrid, barca, man utd headed our way...

I know alot of people on here are laughing at celtics result tonight but what gordon strachan said spoke volumes for the chances of a scottish team in the champions league

"It wasnt exactly moybary v wenger, wenger had a machine gun and moybary had a water pistol" in relation to the resources available

Rangers are going to be up against the best of the best, and while its fantastic to be in the group stages of the CL its not a time to be smug when we've got the likes or real madrid, barca, man utd headed our way...

yes it is , we are in the cl with the money that will give us finish 3rd drop into europa league (our level im afraid) get a wee run there . and plenty of away trips to look forward to

Did laugh at this statement, True but funny

Nice points well made, but funny to laugh at them tonight. I also think Strachan would have most likely had a better result than this. Celtic fans may regret not appreciating the likes of Gordon Strachan when they had him. Also, Walter is a more canny auld fox than most.

I said it in another thread and i'll say it again...

He is a very intelligent man who knows a lot about football and has very rational/fair views on everything. I agree with most things he says and i think he would be a great man to know.

Nice points well made, but funny to laugh at them tonight. I also think Strachan would have most likely had a better result than this. Celtic fans may regret not appreciating the likes of Gordon Strachan when they had him. Also, Walter is a more canny auld fox than most.

Lets hope so - i dont really like supporting the teams celtic are up against in the CL especially when its bigger teams and we are yet to prove we can cope with the likes or Arsenal at this level

I hope to god we give it a good go in the group stages and make a name for ourselves but alot of people are being far to smug and not thinking about what we're going to be up against in the coming months

Speaking the truth IMO

Anyone being smug is a fool (except for the money), were in the CL, we've just got to put on a good show and not get gubbed like the Tic did tonight.

If we go out (and we probably will) I'll be happy if we do it with a bit of style

The money we get from this is excellent, as is the experience. Its on the pitch i worry about

I suppose the main difference is the one off league format rather than 2 legs. Smith showed last time he has learned something about playing in Europe and if everyone is fit we've a chance of pulling something off particularly away from home. Yeah the odds are against us but they aren't insurmountable.

Plus laughing at the tims is just the right thing to do, sure it might come back and bite us later but we'll worry about that then. Now anyone know the cockney rhyming slang for Europa League?

it's definitely true about Strachan being an intelligent guy - a smug, passive aggressive prick, but an intelligent guy nonetheless.

Which is presumably why he walked away from the bitter madness that is Celtic and Glasgow in general while he still has his ridiculous lumpen rapidly whitening orange hair.

We don't even have a water pistol.

What is your point? celtc better than The Rangers?

No, if you read up, Strachan used that as an analogy for the resources available to Celtic. Celtic have more resources available to them than we do.

Wipe the foam from your mouth.

Nothing that happened tonight changes anything for us. Just getting into the group stages is a bonus. We're playing for 3rd place and a shot at the Europa league. Anything else is a :pipe: dream!

Well , we now almost certainly have £2.5 extra in the bank we can budget with, and surely some of it will be released to bring in a centre back on loan or something.

Nothing that happened tonight changes anything for us. Just getting into the group stages is a bonus. We're playing for 3rd place and a shot at the Europa league. Anything else is a :pipe: dream!

That's the spirit ! (tu)

Always support their opponents , it's your Bluenose right !! :uk:

I fuckin hate The Arse too ,but i can just about tolerate them just now ! :D:pipe:

Strachan was spot on last night regards to the money thing. When asked if Celtic or Rangers can compete against Europes best, he said that you would need about 200M to compete at the top end of the EPL, which is right. Its scandelous, and its going to get worse before it gets better.