If Hutton goes to Everton

fleck21

I doubt they owe us any money. We would be after it like a tramp eatin chips if they did.

Hope they do though...

I think they do owe us about 4 Million but thats normal in a transfer fee. 99% of fees agreed are not paid up front but usually over 2 - 4 years after the player moves. You'll probabaly find we still owe Burnley a whack for Lafferty , Charlton for Boogie etc. The deal with Spurs will have legally binding payment dates when we recieve the fee and as we agreed the contract we need to stick to the dates. Whether Spurs sell him or not it wont make any difference to when they pay us as they will need to still pay us when the contract stipulates.

I think the OP means will we still get the £340k p/m or do they have to square us up in full.

So if you buy a car and take out a 3 year bank loan for it , you sell it after a year do you tell the bank you aint paying the last two years of the loan?

I would say definitely & I would imagine we would get a decent amount from a sell on clause.

I doubt that there would be any sell-on clause given the value of the original fee. even if there was , it may only be based on the excess of the original fee, and the likelyhood is that Spurs will make a loss on the deal.

Ok, but why is this the first time I have ever heard of " they still owe us money " if thats the case why was this never mentioned with Boumsong, Cuellar etc.....?

It's standard, and probably not worth mentioning, perhaps?

I think the OP means will we still get the £340k p/m or do they have to square us up in full.

So if you buy a car and take out a 3 year bank loan for it , you sell it after a year do you tell the bank you aint paying the last two years of the loan?

What are you on? If you take car finance over 3 years and you sell after one you must pay off the outstanding finance before you sell the car on.

All transfers are based on appearances these days, if Hutton doesnt play so many games, then No we wouldnt see the money.

I don't believe that's the case.

Note 27 of the accounts - "For the Group and Company at 30 June 2008, additional transfer fees payable of £25,000 (2007 - £601,000) and transfer fees receivable of nil (2007 - nil) would arise if certain conditions in transfer contracts are fulfilled."

If any cash was due based on games played then it would be detailed in that note.

We are getting £340,000 a month for 3 years , that was the way the deal was structured according to Murray at an AGM

I don't think that's correct. Do the Math. :P

so according to that figure hutton was sold for 12.24million pounds.

We are getting £340,000 a month for 3 years , that was the way the deal was structured according to Murray at an AGM

I don't think that's correct. Do the Math. :P

so according to that figure hutton was sold for 12.24million pounds.

hence my "I don't think that's correct." comment ;)

Ok, but why is this the first time I have ever heard of " they still owe us money " if thats the case why was this never mentioned with Boumsong, Cuellar etc.....?

Why mention it in regards to Cafu then?

why not??

Why mention it in regards to Cafu then?

Perhaps because of the size of it? Perhaps because it appeared that it wasn't immediately reinvested unlike the Boumsong and Cuellar transfers? Perhaps there was mention of it with them as well? Can't say for sure.