Reserves in action today

fleck21

Will pop this in here:

RANGERS Reserves will return to action today when they take on Airdrie United at Murray Park.

Walter Smith recently confirmed that the club's second string will not be competing in the Reserve League in 2009/10 and instead will play in regular friendly fixtures against opposition from Scotland, England and Northern Ireland.

Kenny Black's Diamonds are first up this morning and coach Tommy Wilson wants his young Gers to put in a good performance.

He said: "I think this is an excellent game for us and I know the boys are looking forward to it.

"I spoke to Kenny (Black) about organising a friendly and he was more than happy to do that.

"We have a number of teams that want to play us which is great but it all depends on the size of squad we have after the transfer window and who is available.

"The beauty of the set-up we have now is that the games will be played at a date and venue that suits us, not when we are forced to play with a depleted squad or when we have a fixture pile-up.

"Hopefully we will be able to play every week, that is the aim, but again this may change when midweek Champions League and League Cup games come around.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1759682,00.html

Would have went to this maybe today but going for a Chinese at lunch today.