The most offended fans in the world

To: *****.******

Subject: Serious Staff Complaint of Racism & Sectarianism

Dear Sirs,

I wish to draw your attention to a very unpleasant incident on Tuesday evening as I was travelling to Glasgow along the M8, on which the attached picture was taken on my camera phone. The picture displays disgusting, bigoted behaviour from two young men, whom I can only assume to be employees of your company as you can see it is a company van with name, phone number and this email address clearly labeled on.

It was approximately 6pm and myself and our bus full of Edinburgh based Celtic supporters were travelling to Parkhead for the nights Champions League tie against Arsenal. As you may make out from the attached picture it was to our horror that these two young men displayed racist, sectarian and bigoted abuse written on card from the passenger window of your company’s vehicle.

On one side of said card was written ‘why don’t you go home, famine is over’ – as you may be aware this song is in reference to the Irish Potato Famine which has been condemned in the press and Government in both Scotland & Ireland. It is considered a racist & sectarian song and to be found guilty or promoting or singing the song results in a charge of breach of the peace (aggravated by religious and racial prejudice). In June 2009, three Scottish judges ruled that The Famine Song is racist, therefore I am astounded to find your employees acting in such a manner.

On the reverse side of the same card is said ‘U.V.F. No Surrender’ which, probably not needing explaining, is glorifying the loyalist Ulster Volunteer Force terrorist organisation who were responsible for the deaths of many innocent people throughout the Troubles. I find it sickening that anyone could promote such an organisation and openly declare their hatred for another religion or race in such a way.

I was so angered by this distasteful and offensive behaviour that I felt compelled to notify your company. It was with luck that I managed to capture an image. Although not as clear as I’d hoped (as from two moving vehicles) you can still make out the van and the activities therein. We are a family friendly supporters club so the fact this conduct was visible to women and children onboard angers me even more; for them to see such vile hand gestures and abuse. We have half a bus full of reliable witnesses to the whole act!

I hope that there is something you can do to identify and reprimand these culprits appropriately. I am sure any professional company would never condone their staff, or those using their company vehicles, to show such openly bigoted, racist & sectarian offensiveness towards others. And I am more than sure a lot of customers throughout Scotland would agree...

I look forward to your response however please do not hesitate to contact me by return if you need any further details.

Kind regards,

Paul

He received this response today

Sent: 19 August 2009 18:50

To:

Subject: RE: Serious Staff Complaint of Racism & Sectarianism

Dear Sir,

I am the operations manager for #### Scotland. I am horrified by the allegations made below. There is no place for such behaviour in modern society. I am currently going through the process of identifying the engineer concerned.

As a celtic season ticket holder myself I find this draconian behaviour utterly despicable and will not tolerate this whatsoever. I have notified the managing director who was also in attendance at celtic park last night and to say he is very unhappy is a major understatement.

We have lodged an investigation into this incident and rest assured the culprit will be dealt accordingly.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of #### Scotland for the discomfort this has caused both your good self and the rest of the supporters who may have been offended.

I can be contacted on the number below if you would like to discuss this further

Best regards,

Operations Manager

#####Scotland

A reminder , if anyone needed it and just how pathetic these bassas really are….sounds like the guy could lose his job over this. They really are a pathetic bunch of cunts…..

Whilst I think they are a sad pathetic bunch for doing this and obviously hurting over the loss I think it was pretty stupid of the guys to be acting in that way when in a work vehicle.

Whilst I think they are a sad pathetic bunch for doing this and obviously hurting over the loss I think it was pretty stupid of the guys to be acting in that way when in a work vehicle.

Maybe so but when you read stuff like this

As you may make out from the attached picture it was to our horror

you wonder what is actually wrong with these people......

On the reverse side of the same card is said ‘U.V.F. No Surrender’ which, probably not needing explaining, is glorifying the loyalist Ulster Volunteer Force terrorist organisation who were responsible for the deaths of many innocent people throughout the Troubles. I find it sickening that anyone could promote such an organisation and openly declare their hatred for another religion or race in such a way.

but i bet he joins in with the oo ahh up the ra chants. What a moron

To: *****.******

Subject: Serious Staff Complaint of Racism & Sectarianism

Dear Sirs,

I wish to draw your attention to a very unpleasant incident on Tuesday evening as I was travelling to Glasgow along the M8, on which the attached picture was taken on my camera phone. The picture displays disgusting, bigoted behaviour from two young men, whom I can only assume to be employees of your company as you can see it is a company van with name, phone number and this email address clearly labeled on.

It was approximately 6pm and myself and our bus full of Edinburgh based Celtic supporters were travelling to Parkhead for the nights Champions League tie against Arsenal. As you may make out from the attached picture it was to our horror that these two young men displayed racist, sectarian and bigoted abuse written on card from the passenger window of your company’s vehicle.

On one side of said card was written ‘why don’t you go home, famine is over’ – as you may be aware this song is in reference to the Irish Potato Famine which has been condemned in the press and Government in both Scotland & Ireland. It is considered a racist & sectarian song and to be found guilty or promoting or singing the song results in a charge of breach of the peace (aggravated by religious and racial prejudice). In June 2009, three Scottish judges ruled that The Famine Song is racist, therefore I am astounded to find your employees acting in such a manner.

I was so angered by this distasteful and offensive behaviour that I felt compelled to notify your company. It was with luck that I managed to capture an image. Although not as clear as I’d hoped (as from two moving vehicles) you can still make out the van and the activities therein. We are a family friendly supporters club so the fact this conduct was visible to women and children onboard angers me even more; for them to see such vile hand gestures and abuse. We have half a bus full of reliable witnesses to the whole act!

I hope that there is something you can do to identify and reprimand these culprits appropriately. I am sure any professional company would never condone their staff, or those using their company vehicles, to show such openly bigoted, racist & sectarian offensiveness towards others. And I am more than sure a lot of customers throughout Scotland would agree...

I look forward to your response however please do not hesitate to contact me by return if you need any further details.

Kind regards,

Paul

He received this response today

Sent: 19 August 2009 18:50

To:

Subject: RE: Serious Staff Complaint of Racism & Sectarianism

Dear Sir,

I am the operations manager for #### Scotland. I am horrified by the allegations made below. There is no place for such behaviour in modern society. I am currently going through the process of identifying the engineer concerned.

As a celtic season ticket holder myself I find this draconian behaviour utterly despicable and will not tolerate this whatsoever. I have notified the managing director who was also in attendance at celtic park last night and to say he is very unhappy is a major understatement.

We have lodged an investigation into this incident and rest assured the culprit will be dealt accordingly.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of #### Scotland for the discomfort this has caused both your good self and the rest of the supporters who may have been offended.

I can be contacted on the number below if you would like to discuss this further

Best regards,

Operations Manager

#####Scotland

Why does he say he is a Celtic season ticket holder himself?Why would that change anything or how you are planning to conduct the investigation?

But tbh,when you read stuff like that it makes you think that Rangers should turn into the clipes that they are.Fair enough,I don't think it was very funny or cool for the guys to have made those jibes towards the supporters bus but Rangers should start grassing up their fans as much as they do.This stuff goes on all the time but Rangers fans seem to take it more at face value and see it as part of the rivalry whereas the Tims wet themselves,play the victim card and make Rangers look bad.

The author of the complaint letter should be diagnosed for histrionic personality disorder,his description of the sequence of events is so overly dramatised I don't even know where to begin.Makes it sound like a choir boys day out with all the "family supporters club nonsense"-this guy is an expert at writing this type of letter and even includes a wee sneaky threat "And I am more than sure a lot of customers throughout Scotland would agree..."

Guest Andypendek

Obvious he's a Celtic man....'this draconian behaviour' is completely out of place and indicates the usual lack of education in such types.

Obvious he's a Celtic man....'this draconian behaviour' is completely out of place and indicates the usual lack of education in such types.

The whole letter is written in the style of an idiot trying to pass himself off as intelligent....

Or as a bear taking the piss

if the person from the complaints dept is a celtic season ticket holder surely that will prejudice the hearing

hope the poor offended people where not annoyed when the songs of praise for the i ran away where being sung at parkhead ironically that organisation killed more roman catholics than the uvf and uda combined

poor sensitive souls at least there hearing is selective

Strange that mr best regards didn't mention that he was on the way to Glasgow to participate in an ira-fest ... must have slipped his mind

Can people not take banter ffs, even if it is a bit offensive.

Yeah, the guys that did it are stupid for doing it, but do you honestly think they did it out of nastiness, or did it on the wind up? Maybe they did, but I'd hedge my bets it didn't happen like that!

It's akin to telling the teacher on people when you were at school, such an such called me this name, blah, blah.

I can only assume the complainer has never in his life uttered anything sectarian, nor did anything silly.

Point is the "OFFENDED" take great delight in exposing the way we are portrayed compared to them.Bassas