Another finances thread ;)

outlaw69uk

After an interesting discussion yesterday, I had a few thoughts, and, well, since apparently transfers are the only source of revenue for the club, and, Bain does such a good job....

There will be more than this but, this is purely the Wiki list of "noteably Rangers players" that have left the club since 2000 ( I added a couple, and, how the hell Ross and Malcolm are noteable I dont know!)

Jörg Albertz

Sergio Porrini

Tony Vidmar

Lorenzo Amoruso

Maurice Ross

Robert Malcolm

Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Rod Wallace

Andrei Kanchelskis

Neil McCann

Arthur Numan

Stefan Klos

Michael Mols

Bert Konterman

Ronald de Boer

Peter Løvenkrands

Fernando Ricksen

Shota Arveladze

Alan Hutton

Chris Burke

Dado Prso

Brahim Hemdani

Barry Ferguson

Charlie Adam

Michael Ball

Namouchi

McCormack

Cousin

Boumsong

Arteta

Darcheville

The list goes on, so, my question is.... Why are we in debt? Surely, even on transfers alone, we should have made a tidy we profit on these guys? Then again, how much did we sell for?

I'm not sure we'll have actually made a profit on that lot!

Players like Rod the Prod, Prso, Hemdani and Darcheville came here on a free, took in huge wages for a number of years, then left on a free.

Others like Albertz, Amo, Ball and Mols left for a lot less than we actually paid.

Obviously, we made a bit with Hutton, Boumsong and Gio, but I'm not sure we'd be making huge profits from that list.

Players like Rod the Prod, Prso, Hemdani and Darcheville came here on a free, took in huge wages for a number of years, then left on a free.

Others like Albertz, Amo, Ball and Mols left for a lot less than we actually paid.

Obviously, we made a bit with Hutton, Boumsong and Gio, but I'm not sure we'd be making huge profits from that list.

What he said,

must also be remembered that in some of the cases WE actually bought out their contracts to get rid of them.

Oh absolutely mate, I would be highly surprised if we did but my point is, I cant help but feel we SHOULD have made one

What he said,

must also be remembered that in some of the cases WE actually bought out their contracts to get rid of them.

Yep, I know, also the point :D

I think it's something like £21m pure profit on Hutton, Jean-Alain and Gio alone.

You'd need to start working back from there, because I'm completely unsure whether we made a profit on ANY of the other players you mention.

A few hundred thousand on Cousin possibly? £1m between Adam and Namouchi?

The thing I find confusing is, I cant think of another club that operates as we do in this regard. Almost every season, we are paying off contracts, selling for free/next to nothing, which, surely isnt right

Ah, I see what you're doing here :pipe:

I agree. Our transfer policy - in terms of getting rid of players - is bizarre to say the least.

Getting slightly better this year, but still very short-sighted.