Prizefighter

Danny Williams and Audley Harrison are in the next prizefighter in October. Just when i thought it was running out of steam its just been made interesting again. Really original and exciting programme IMO. Makes fights that you wouldnt normally care about interesting.

Aye, found some more info here: Sounds good:

August 17, 2009 by Admin

MATCHROOM SPORT’S hugely successful Prizefighter returns in October with a new look and arguably the most exciting crop of British heavyweights ever assembled under one roof .

Taking place at London’s iconic boxing venue, the York Hall in Bethnal Green, on Friday, October 2, Prizefighter – the Heavyweights III – features former British, Commonwealth and European champions going for glory in a night where careers are on the line.

British Heavyweight Champion, Danny Williams, the man who effectively ended the career of Mike Tyson, steps up to the Prizefighter plate and will be joined by Olympic gold medallist, Audley Harrison, who will be looking to resurrect his career one more time.

“I’m looking forward to competing in the next instalment of Prizefighter,” said Harrison from his training base in California.

“I’ve been waiting for a solid opportunity to return to the ring and I intend to show my career is far from over.

“I have history with most of the fighters competing and I couldn’t have written a better script for my return.

“When I retire, I will tell my story and people will understand why my career faltered, but I truly have found my passion again for boxing,” he added.

Williams is delighted at the possibility of revenging a previous defeat at the hands of Harrison; “When I was first asked to be part of this year’s Prizefighter, as British Heavyweight Champion, I wasn’t sure,” he said.

“But when I heard that a certain celebrity boxer would be involved I knew I had to be part of it! This year’s Prizefighter will be off the hook!”

Both though, will have plenty of competition in former British & Commonwealth Heavyweight Champion Michael Sprott who will also be looking to rejuvenate his career.

A pair of highly-motivated former British Champions in Scott Gammer and Michael Holden both dust off the gloves after time out of the ring and will pose some tough questions come show time.

Coleman Barrett, 26 year-old and undefeated, will be looking to give his career a boost at the expense of his more illustrious rivals, while Danny Hughes, another undefeated prospect, is looking to do the same.

Making up the eight for the York Hall is Scott Belshaw, who will be looking to emulate the feat of fellow Ulsterman Martin Rogan whose heroics won him the inaugural Prizefighter title.

With seven 3 x 3 minute round fights, Prizefighter’s explosive all-in-one-night concept goes from strength to strength. With an £80,000 prize fund – the highest in Prizefighter history - as well a gilt-edged opportunity to get right back into contention, the assembled line up is the strongest yet by far.

Every punch of every round of every fight will be live on Sky Sports from 8pm on Friday, October 2.

“We’re certainly looking to raise the bar here for future Prizefighter events and all of these fighters are desperate to win this title,” said promoter Barry Hearn.

“There will be plenty of different styles and strategies on display and with a total of ten fights between these eight in the past, I’m sure there will be plenty of needle.

“Previous Prizefighter champions have gone from strength to strength and I am anticipating another action-packed evening of explosive power.”

http://theprizefighterseries.com/williams-...r-line-up-ever/