The Trust

numansnewman

I personally think that both the Trust and the Assembly should both be disbanded and a new one set up in a manner that doesn't feed it's own ego and works for the fans and not against them, i.e. not taking SDM's word as gospel in return for certain rewards.

I can't speak for the Assembly but when has either organisation worked against the fans?

An example would be the UEFA directive alledgedly shown to both parties at a meeting, and said parties told not to disclose information to fans.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that both the Trust and the Assembly should both be disbanded and a new one set up in a manner that doesn't feed it's own ego and works for the fans and not against them, i.e. not taking SDM's word as gospel in return for certain rewards.

I can't speak for the Assembly but when has either organisation worked against the fans?

An example would be the UEFA directive alledgedly shown to both parties at a meeting, and said parties told not to disclose information to fans.

I'm aware that people were shown the letter from UEFA but struggling to think what information could not be disclosed to fans as I was led to believe the content was pretty much what was released by the Club. There are people out there trying to suggest that this directive didn't even exist and that it was SDM and Bain who wanted TBB banned. That is totally untrue.

I'm aware that people were shown the letter from UEFA but struggling to think what information could not be disclosed to fans as I was led to believe the content was pretty much what was released by the Club. There are people out there trying to suggest that this directive didn't even exist and that it was SDM and Bain who wanted TBB banned. That is totally untrue.

coop..end of the day..they lied about cuellar..david edgar said the truth,jim templeton became the fall guy,now blythe is only a mouthpiece..templeton was sold down the river,

listen to blythe..he is ORVILLE..only SDM"s hand ,cant be seen.

i am on Edgars side...we deserve better..anyone disagree ?

I'm aware that people were shown the letter from UEFA but struggling to think what information could not be disclosed to fans as I was led to believe the content was pretty much what was released by the Club. There are people out there trying to suggest that this directive didn't even exist and that it was SDM and Bain who wanted TBB banned. That is totally true.

coop..end of the day..they lied about cuellar..david edgar said the truth,jim templeton became the fall guy,now blythe is only a mouthpiece..templeton was sold down the river,

we deserve better than David Edgar

is he a bear ?

has he put his neck on the line?

he is more rangers than most,he says it,we just chatter,but the guy is right.

what does he say thats wrong ?

we deserve better !!

DEBATE

I'm also aware of it, Frankie, the Trust, TBO, whoever can say what they want on the issue.

The fact that they got together with Murray and came out and urged people not to sing it was a fecking joke!

I'm also aware of it, Frankie, the Trust, TBO, whoever can say what they want on the issue.

The fact that they got together with Murray and came out and urged people not to sing it was a fecking joke!

Jim,

The fight had already been lost. There was no appeal so we were left with the prospect of being fined (or much worse) by UEFA and perhaps the authorities in Scotland. Although nobody was particularly happy about it, what else could we do?

Jim,

The fight had already been lost. There was no appeal so we were left with the prospect of being fined (or much worse) by UEFA and perhaps the authorities in Scotland. Although nobody was particularly happy about it, what else could we do?

IMHO their never was directive from UEFA, so both the RST & the RSA lied to the supporters because Murray told them too

Jim,

IMHO their never was directive from UEFA, so both the RST & the RSA lied to the supporters because Murray told them too

Why do you think they would lie to fellow bears? Because Murray told the to? Get a grip.

Jim,

Why do you think they would lie to fellow bears? Because Murray told the to? Get a grip.

he is right..they lied,,or did they tell the truth ?

SDM pulls the strings,Murray feels the songs an embarrassment to the club and used BOTH the RST & the RSA to try and convince your average Rangers supporter that it was really UEFA who send a direcitve stating all forms of the tune 'Marching through Georgia' were now banned.

as we now know this is total bull,you only have to watch matches played in both the SPL or the EPL to hear supporters blasting it out. someone somewhere's telling porkies,i wonder who.....

Thing is... representatives of both must be beyond reproach. A mate of mine in Edinburgh told me of a Trust member that did a dodgy deal in 2006 with East Lothian Council.

It's a political job -- not a 'sports' job. As such, all need to be squeaky clean. First sniff of 'scandal' and it will hurt our club.

Therefore, I would say.. forget it. Forget both. The Chairman needs our full support -- always. We will live and die with it. That's the way it should be imho.

SDM pulls the strings,Murray feels the songs an embarrassment to the club and used BOTH the RST & the RSA to try and convince your average Rangers supporter that it was really UEFA who send a direcitve stating all forms of the tune 'Marching through Georgia' were now banned.

as we now know this is total bull,you only have to watch matches played in both the SPL or the EPL to hear supporters blasting it out. someone somewhere's telling porkies,i wonder who.....

Rangers supporters were banned from singing it, no other fans were included. It was all down to using the word fenien. The guys I know who attended the meeting are not the type to roll over and do what SDM says. They saw the letter from UEFA and that is why they signed up to asking the fans not to sing it. I had my doubts about this too at first but I completely trust the guys who attended the meeting.

Thing is... representatives of both must be beyond reproach. A mate of mine in Edinburgh told me of a Trust member that did a dodgy deal in 2006 with East Lothian Council.

It's a political job -- not a 'sports' job. As such, all need to be squeaky clean. First sniff of 'scandal' and it will hurt our club.

Therefore, I would say.. forget it. Forget both. The Chairman needs our full support -- always. We will live and die with it. That's the way it should be imho.

That must be true then. :rolleyes:

Rangers supporters were banned from singing it, no other fans were included. It was all down to using the word fenien.

sorry mate, but it was the tune ''Marching through Georgia'' was banned in all forms,allegedly :rolleyes: how come how come the song ''No-one likes us'' isn't banned that too contain a certain word

. The guys I know who attended the meeting are not the type to roll over and do what SDM says.

i thought that too at one point,not too sure now though..

They saw the letter from UEFA and that is why they signed up to asking the fans not to sing it. I had my doubts about this too at first but I completely trust the guys who attended the meeting.

these so-called fans representatives,how many fans do they actually represent ?

Aye very good, we deserve better than a Rangers fan giving his opinions that reflect his membership ? :rolleyes:

Pardon? At the time of "We Deserve Better" I was a member of the RST. I was never asked my opinion on WDB, or anything else for that matter. How can he reflect his membership's opinions when he doesn't ask them what their opinions are? It was, as always, the opinions of the committee of the RST that were being expressed, not those of its membership.

At the moment neither as they are not capable of getting the backing of the majority of the support.

What or who do you think is capable of getting the backing of the majority of the support? The only thing we all agree with is that we want a winning team on the park. Everything else causes a difference of opinion.

An organisation that has regular meetins with the fans would be a start

There will be no unity of the Rangers support until the bank are coming to put locks on the gates of Ibrox.

The active support (ie the supporters groups of any kind) are divided by personality, objectives and motivation. That for me is a fact. That is why Murray can now do what he wants without any real response. Some of the arguments on this thread prove my point.

At a time when we are so skint we can't even sign a new player or offer our existing players a new contract(!), there isn't even a hint of true discontent that would be noticed anywhere apart from fans websites.

NOTHING will change in our support until we are on the very brink of a catastrophe and that is a damning indictement on us all.