Rangers Scouts at MK Dons today!

MKGER

ok not exactly huge nor intresting news but il share it anyway. Work at mk dons on matchdays and noticed among the scout envelopes tickets were one saying 'Rangers FC x3'. anyway tracked him down (ian wilson)in the scout room and asked who he was here to watch but was given nothing away. Now i cant imagine who he could have been watchin seen as both teams bar peter leven and sam baldock are mince and both were injured!

ps got alex rae to sign my old gers top from when he played for us today, top bloke!

ok not exactly huge nor intresting news but il share it anyway. Work at mk dons on matchdays and noticed among the scout envelopes tickets were one saying 'Rangers FC x3'. anyway tracked him down (ian wilson)in the scout room and asked who he was here to watch but was given nothing away. Now i cant imagine who he could have been watchin seen as both teams bar peter leven and sam baldock are mince and both were injured!

ps got alex rae to sign my old gers top from when he played for us today, top bloke!

ps got alex rae's to sign my old gers top from when he played for us today, top bloke!

Could be some sort of link up mate

We#d send scouts to determine suitability for our younger players before we signed anything official

I'd be surprised if it was a player scouting mission to be honest

ps got alex rae's to sign my old gers top from when he played for us today, top bloke!

Could be some sort of link up mate

We#d send scouts to determine suitability for our younger players before we signed anything official

I'd be surprised if it was a player scouting mission to be honest

yer fair point and hopefully true

Ex Ger ;)

absolute rubbish they would never send 3 scouts t the same game what they would do is sent one and hes took two mates, i know most of the scouts and they said i would never happen , they send one then if who they are watching is any good they wold up it to cheif scout then ian durrant would go,

what else do our scouts do?

African and Asia are full of prospects that if you bother to look can be signed up for pennies (ish :lol: ) even internationals no-one has bothered looking at properly.

yet we always spend relatively big money (we dont have) on well known and obvious weak buys......

lol, stop lieing yous say! i know i was equaly suprised as too was peter leven who was also quite pissed off when i told him! the mans rangers daft and was gutted he wasnt out there strutting his stuff (hes no a bad player btw and hadnt it been for a shocking early career injury he may still be with us)

What I've always wanted to know is, how in gods name would you go about becoming a Scout?

Sounds like the greatest job in the world.

usually have to be a former pro/semi pro do u not?

you don't have to be in the know or ex pro or semi pro all you do is recommend kids to clubs cv and dvd of the player if the take them in and like them they may as you to work voluntary for the club then when you start getting more players in they will offer you a contract,also you hve to have great knowledge of all aspects of a football player behavior, temperament,skill technique athleticism,and most of all attitude to the game,so heres a lot to learn just to be a scout, th biggest part is a vast knowledge of all aspects of the modern day footballer