£7m Aiden? You’ve got to be joking - Mowbray

McBoyd

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/s...-the-cheap.html

TONY MOWBRAY has warned Spurs they will be laughed out of Celtic Park if they try to nick Aiden McGeady on the cheap.

The Hoops boss insists he has no plans to flog star man McGeady after SunSport revealed White Hart Lane chief Harry Redknapp is eyeing a bid.

NO SALE ... boss Mowbray

Asked about a potential £7million deal for the 22-year-old, Mogga scoffed: "No, I don't think so.

"Nobody has told me we have to do this or that, so you would hope we wouldn't be selling.

"If somebody came in and bid £80m, then who knows? Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't for sale then all of a sudden he was gone.

"But I'm not sitting here having been told I need to bring in £20m or £10m or £5m or £1m. We're just going along.

"I don't want to create any speculation. You could change Aiden's name for Scott Brown, Shaun Maloney or others."

Redknapp was at Celtic Park to watch long-term target Brown in Champions League action against Arsenal last Tuesday.

But it was McGeady who caught his eye and he could yet come in with a big offer for the winger.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even £7m is over the top for him.

Or should we be doing similar? And laughing off smaller fees for our players?

Still £80m :lol: :lol:

I wish Rangers did their transfer business more like this. With us, if a bid comes in we accept it. We should be laughing off the first bid. If teams really want our players, they will up their bids.

Was just going to say that mate.

We should laugh off offers for our players, instead of showing our hand at the first sign of any bid (tu)

The boldness/large font :anguish:...We can read...

SHUT UP BOAB.

I WILL BOLD/LARGE IT IF I WANT.

Why the fuck does it matter, it's only bolded and larged because i wanted to highlight it. It's not like i made it SIZE 7 like the text above this, and it doesn't fill the whole screen.

Stop going on about it :lol:

The boldness/large font :anguish:...We can read...

SHUT UP BOAB.

I WILL BOLD/LARGE IT IF I WANT.

Why the fuck does it matter, it's only bolded and larged because i wanted to highlight it. It's not like i made it SIZE 7 like the text above this, and it doesn't fill the whole screen.

:box::lol:

it's only bolded and larged because i wanted to highlight it. It's not like i made it SIZE 7 like the text above this, and it doesn't fill the whole screen.

Surely just bolding it or just putting it in italics would be enough then than both?

it's only bolded and larged because i wanted to highlight it. It's not like i made it SIZE 7 like the text above this, and it doesn't fill the whole screen.

Surely just bolding it or just putting it in italics would be enough then than both?

Who cares :lol:

Who cares :lol:

I do and think its unsightly. I would put :lol: but I'm not :P

To be honest 7 million is about right although some eejit from the epl will pay 9-10 million for him imo. Its foolish money on a player who will struggle in England and will turn up only about 1 out of 3 games.

Also there arent enough tricolours to motivate him down there.

TONY MOWBRAY has warned Spurs they will be laughed out of Celtic Park if they try to nick Aiden McGeady on the cheap.

The Hoops boss insists he has no plans to flog star man McGeady after SunSport revealed White Hart Lane chief Harry Redknapp is eyeing a bid.

NO SALE ... boss Mowbray

Asked about a potential £7million deal for the 22-year-old, Mogga scoffed: "No, I don't think so.

"Nobody has told me we have to do this or that, so you would hope we wouldn't be selling.

"If somebody came in and bid £80m, then who knows? Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't for sale then all of a sudden he was gone.

"But I'm not sitting here having been told I need to bring in £20m or £10m or £5m or £1m. We're just going along.

"I don't want to create any speculation. You could change Aiden's name for Scott Brown, Shaun Maloney or others."

Redknapp was at Celtic Park to watch long-term target Brown in Champions League action against Arsenal last Tuesday.

But it was McGeady who caught his eye and he could yet come in with a big offer for the winger.

Redknapp has already said this was shite and he was no where near the place, infact he was at another game.

NO SALE ... boss Mowbray

Redknapp has already said this was shite and he was no where near the place, infact he was at another game.

I think he was there, it's the Aberdeen game he said he wasn't at, after it was reported he was.