Walter Smith - Negative Bstard!

Bluepeter9

Walter gets critisised as negative, match thread all over him like a rash for bringing on Smith at half time BUT he changed formation to 432, went for it and got the rewards - well done Walter!

Some will say well done (like myself :D), some will wonder what could have happened in the past if he'd always been so positive.

Walter gets critisised as negative, match thread all over him like a rash for bringing on Smith at half time BUT he changed formation to 432, went for it and got the rewards - well done Walter!

(tu)

Absolutely agree Bp9, it was a great substitution.

At the time, I failed to see the point in giving Boyd three minutes in the place of Miller.

Obviously Smith didn't know we were getting a penalty, so I wonder what his reasons were.

Still, sometimes it's better to be lucky :)

Some will say well done (like myself :D ), some will wonder what could have happened in the past if he'd always been so positive.

LOL that's well 'qualified' praise there papaguy51! Still at least we agreed he did well today! :cheers:

I was puzzled when Smith came on, but he looked really good. Good balls into the box, caused Hearts all sorts of problems.

I wasnt best pleased when i seen him coming on but credit to Stevie, some of his crosses were excellent. Well done S Smith (tu)

At the time, I failed to see the point in giving Boyd three minutes in the place of Miller.

Obviously Smith didn't know we were getting a penalty, so I wonder what his reasons were.

I think Smith's reasoning was if one of the more creative players on the field (Davis, Naismith) were to open up the tired Hearts defense in the last couple of minutes, he'd rather put his money on Boyd putting the ball in the back of the net.

You find giving praise really hard don't you papaguy51?

Bringing on Novo in SC final - goal! - boyd today - goal! - long may Walter remain 'Lucky'.

Some will say well done (like myself :D), some will wonder what could have happened in the past if he'd always been so positive.

Indeed Papa, i've often thought how many games we woulda closed out or won if he'd just shown this kind of positivity.

Still, take nothing away from him today, superb fightback and excellent decision making from smith.

Bringing on Novo in SC final - goal! - boyd today - goal! - long may Walter remain 'Lucky'.

What I'm saying is that Smith wasn't thinking: "We're obviously getting a penalty in two seconds, I'll put Boydy on!"

We're Glasgow Rangers and I expect us to be more comfortable against a team who haven't scored in five hours or won any games this year, that's all :)

Great win though, and somtimes it's better to win like that.

Certainly mentally, it'll mean more than a comfy two or three nil so (tu) to Walter.

Thought most of the time it was more 3-4-2 in the 2nd half ?

What I'm saying is that Smith wasn't thinking: "We're obviously getting a penalty in two seconds, I'll put Boydy on!"

We're Glasgow Rangers and I expect us to be more comfortable against a team who haven't scored in five hours or won any games this year, that's all :)

Certainly mentally, it'll mean more than a comfy two or three nil so (tu) to Walter.

Aye - just going to wallow in that win for a while - thinking about how mad all the 'tic fans will be - and also knowing that games like that help cement team spirit! It was as an enjoyable win as we've had - cant beat a last minute goal when down to 10 men for 78 minutes and having to come back from 1-0 down. Time for a wallow in positivity!

Aye - just going to wallow in that win for a while - thinking about how mad all the 'tic fans will be - and also knowing that games like that help cement team spirit! It was as an enjoyable win as we've had - cant beat a last minute goal when down to 10 men for 78 minutes and having to come back from 1-0 down. Time for a wallow in positivity!

As I said in the match thread;

Made all the better given that the foul for the penalty was a yard outside the box :lol:

Happy days :sherlock: