John Fleck

Dietspam

I'd rather we kept him here to keep an eye on his progress.

And he had a few games where he hasn't played brilliantly, so has Whittaker, but we're not calling for his head.

Fleck has all the potential, just needs some top-team experience.

People were calling for Whittakers head yesterday TBH

Whittaker was poor yesterday yet again.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been hyped a lot by our support in recent years, and certainly hasn't shown anything to justify the hype.

That's more damning of the hype though than Fleck. He is still a decent young player, just not the wonderkid he has been hyped as.

I think that's indicative of any support. A player gets labelled promising by either a coach or by folks seeing them play youth or reserve football and all a lot of folks hear is 'the next rooney etc'

I think Fleck has great potential but i also believe Arron is ahead of him at this moment, i would like to see Walter alternate the two of them to get the best from them, let them fight it out for a starting spot.

I would loan him, but forget the British Isles. Offer him to some Spanish/Italian clubs where he will get some time on the ball. He isn't going to sharpen his passing being battered off the ball by the likes of Lee Wilkie. Hes a stocky lad, the physicality will come as he ages. But his technical play needs to be addressed, so why send him to the Championship or SPL, where quite frankly he'll be a target for a kicking.

I would loan him, but forget the British Isles. Offer him to some Spanish/Italian clubs where he will get some time on the ball. He isn't going to sharpen his passing being battered off the ball by the likes of Lee Wilkie. Hes a stocky lad, the physicality will come as he ages. But his technical play needs to be addressed, so why send him to the Championship or SPL, where quite frankly he'll be a target for a kicking.

But hes going to eventually be playing in the SPL, so shouldn't he get as much experience as possible in Scotland? And moving to the continent would present a whole new set of problems on an 18 year old.

I think Fleck has great potential but i also believe Arron is ahead of him at this moment, i would like to see Walter alternate the two of them to get the best from them, let them fight it out for a starting spot.

Based on what ?Based on what i've seen of the two young player's, unlike some i think they both have a future at Rangers.

So he's a young boy and apparently out of position everytime he plays for us, is this why the lad can't pass a ball to save himself?

Said it for ages now, he's not worth the hype and everyone needs to accept it

He has made mistakes in the past two games, such as misplaced passes and being caught in possesion.

But I still enjoyed watching him play and thought he showed glimpses of potential to be a great attacking and creative player of the nature that that we siply haven't seen in recent years.

I mean this in the way he can dribble at players, show good upper body strength on the ball and most impressively, the ability to show the vision to make an early "killer" pass to unlock defences, albeit not always successfuly.

I am quite shocked that I appear to be in the minority, in thinking that his performances this season have been really encouraging - Seems most people have reacted negatively to his inclusion and performance.

Not a reliable player yet, and he will continue to make mistakes, but IMO he needs to be given the chance to continue to make mistakes in appropriate match situations so that he can LEARN from them and hopefully become more consistent and fulfill his (considerable but still unknown to what extent) potential.

As a poster already pointed out, "it is ridiculous that some are writing him off already; I can't understand why, we all cry out for youth to be played, and when a young guy comes in, we crucify him. It's pathetic."

Couldn't agree more. The knee jerk reactions that a lot of Rangers fans make actually astonish me.