Walter praising our Captain yesterday

Boab

Smith, meanwhile, has heaped praise on 39-year-old skipper Davie Weir for the way he has started the season.

The manager said: "It was a terrific performance by him against Hearts at Tynecastle.

"Everybody's always looking at him because of his age - but he has shown everyone that he can do well and he is a huge player for our team."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...o_pot_boost.php

I think he'll be a lot better in Europe that people think.

Obviously, I would still love to get some cover in for him, because there's no way he's going to manage three games a week effectively at 39, and that's (hopefully) what we'll be getting by the Christmas period.

In the CL, we'll be sitting 10 yards deeper than we do in the SPL, so it'll suit him down to the ground.

Obviously, I would still love to get some cover in for him, because there's no way he's going to manage three games a week effectively at 39, and that's (hopefully) what we'll be getting by the Christmas period.

In the CL, we'll be sitting 10 yards deeper than we do in the SPL, so it'll suit him down to the ground.

The lack of pace may still be a problem coming up against these players though.

That's what Bougherra's there for :)

Bougherra is worrying me slightly, doesn't look as solid as last season. He still has brilliant moments of play though.

Bougherra is worrying me slightly, doesn't look as solid as last season. He still has brilliant moments of play though.

Did you watch the game yesterday? <cr>

its a shame he isnt 10 years younger but he is a fantastic CB (tu)

I just hope he can hold out for the whole of this season.

Davie Weir is the epitome of what it is to be Rangers Captain