manchester united

Chef

hardly gonna happen but you never know

Manchester United are reported to be preparing an audacious bid for Tottenham Hotspur attacking midfielder Luka Modric.

The White Hart Lane playmaker has made a stunning start to the season for table-topping Spurs, and reports in The Metro suggest Sir Alex Ferguson is willing to offer £10 million plus former Tottenham and West Ham midfielder Michael Carrick for the player's services.

Harry Redknapp is not adverse to some major moves in the transfer market, and confessed that he is still interested in some activity, although he would have to sell to buy players.

However, if these reports are to be believed, United are offering a player that Redknapp has had under his wing previously at the Hammers for nothing, in financial terms at least.

Modric is held in high regard at the Lane, and it's unlikely that Redknapp would want to sell a player that has proved to be so influential at the beginning of the season.

That said, United proved they have pulling power over players with a deadline day move for Dimitar Berbatov a year ago. His club didn't want to sell either, and I won't remind you who that was...

Carrick is Tottenham level. Never really been comfortable at Man Utd.

I think he gets over hyped a little bit because he is an English player who plays a more contentiental style of football.

Like I said, swap him for Modric and bring in a guy like Pirlo, Diarra or Jermaine Jones (he'd be my pick) and Man Utd would be in a far stronger place than they are now.

I think he gets over hyped a little bit because he is an English player who plays a more contentiental style of football.

Like I said, swap him for Modric and bring in a guy like Pirlo, Diarra or Jermaine Jones (he'd be my pick) and Man Utd would be in a far stronger place than they are now.

Would be a bit risky, he's coming off a broken leg.

Good lot of ITK at our end basically laughing this off. Many however have also mentioned that we've enquired about Carrick (not as part of any deal involving Luka), and a fee of around £24m has been mooted.

Still, if I had to predict the outcome, Modric will still be a Spurs player come September, and Carrick will still be at United.

Luka Modric has moved to distance himself from speculation suggesting he is a target for Manchester United.

Reports had suggested that Red Devils chief Sir Alex Ferguson was weighing up the merits of a move for Tottenham's diminutive playmaker.

However, the Croatia international claims he has no knowledge of any such interest and insists he is happy to remain at White Hart Lane for the foreseeable future.

"I don't know anything about the Manchester United link," Modric told Sportske Novosti.

"I read about it in the newspapers, and one paper even published quotes from me saying I was happy to be on Sir Alex Ferguson's radar.

"But the truth is that I didn't say anything to anybody about this. They were not my words.

"I feel great at Tottenham and I have given no thought to moving to a different club. My contract runs until 2013 and I am just thinking about staying.

SSN

Luka Modric is different class!

I hear people sya he is too small and lightweight... what a load of bolloxs! Look at Messi, Maradona, Alan Ball, Romario they could all walk under a bed with a top hat on but boy could they play football!

Modric would fit right into the Utd set up but I don't see this move happening.

Luka Modric is different class!

I hear people sya he is too small and lightweight... what a load of bolloxs! Look at Messi, Maradona, Alan Ball, Romario they could all walk under a bed with a top hat on but boy could they play football!

Modric would fit right into the Utd set up but I don't see this move happening.

He is class

Would be a bit risky, he's coming off a broken leg.

SAF has been a fan for a long time though so it's not like it would be that big a risk.

Another name I'd throw into the frame would be Hernanes. He needs a move to Europe, but it seems that nobody wants to take him.

A year under SAF and he'd be recognised as one of the worlds best players IMO.