Weir recalled for Scotland

Jimbo.

Kyle and Weir get Scotland recalls

Kevin Kyle and David Weir have been recalled to the Scotland squad for the must-win World Cup qualifiers with FYR Macedonia and Holland.

Weir_2344218.jpg Weir: Named in Scotland squad

Striker Kyle, 28, has not played for his country for more than five years but has been a revelation since joining Kilmarnock in January.

He has scored 10 goals in 14 appearances, nine of which have come in his last six games.

Rangers captain Weir, 39, was controversially axed from the Scotland squad for this month's 4-0 thrashing in Norway, with manager George Burley suggesting it was time to look at younger alternatives.

But the result in Oslo and injuries and suspensions have prompted a U-turn.

Scotland captain Stephen McManus has also been recalled, despite the Celtic defender having not played a competitive game since last season due to a knee injury.

Burley's men currently lie third in World Cup qualifying Group Nine and must beat FYR Macedonia on Saturday week and Holland the following Wednesday to stand any hope of reaching the play-offs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Weir getting a little recognition for his recent performances even if it's only because they have injuries to deal with. It's a bit selfish but I'd prefer he didn't play, Scotland is as good as out and if he gets injured we're pretty much fucked.

Weir should retire from international football as far as I'm concerned and just concentrate on Rangers, but he's too much of a gentleman to turn his back on the country. As far as Burley is concerned he should get on his bloody knees and apologise to Boydy and ask him to come back, a much better player than Kyle.

Weir should retire from international football as far as I'm concerned and just concentrate on Rangers, but he's too much of a gentleman to turn his back on the country. As far as Burley is concerned he should get on his bloody knees and apologise to Boydy and ask him to come back, a much better player than Kyle.

(tu) exactly! Boyd is twice the player of Kyle... Burley has not got a scooby anymore...

I think Burley's taking the piss out of Weir a bit here.

He knows that "The Miracle ©" is too professional to say no, even after the way he's been treated by Scotland twice now.

The miracle :lol:

Ps. Burley is a clueless idiot, the sooner he is away from Scotland the better. He has ruined our national team/spirit IMO

Probably be his last two games for Scotland as he won't be getting called up for friendlies and the next competitive matches shall be after the World Cup...he'll be 40 so at least, this way he can say farewell properly. He won't turn down the offer as he won't turn his back on his country as quickly as many Rangers fans on here. Come on Scotland!!!

As for Kyle, well I think he deserves the call up. We ain't going to beat Holland or even Macedonia playing football so plan B I reckon.

Weir has been treated abysmally by Scotland on two occasions now and I think he should tell Burley where to go. Dropped for the shiter half of the Brothers Grimm for the Norway game, never mind the Vogts pish.

And as for Kevin Kyle, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Either get on your fucking knees and get Boyd back or GTF.

Weir has been treated abysmally by Scotland on two occasions now and I think he should tell Burley where to go. Dropped for the shiter half of the Brothers Grimm for the Norway game, never mind the Vogts pish.

And as for Kevin Kyle, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Either get on your fucking knees and get Boyd back or GTF.

I look forward to you covering Kilmarnock matches :pipe:

Goalkeepers

Neil Alexander Rangers

Craig Gordon Sunderland

David Marshall Cardiff City

Defenders

Darren Barr Falkirk

Stephen McManus Celtic

Christophe Berra Wolverhampton Wanderers

Gary Caldwell Celtic

Steven Caldwell Burnley

Callum Davidson Preston North End

Alan Hutton Tottenham Hotspur

Jamie McAllister Bristol City

Steven Whittaker Rangers

David Weir Rangers

Midfielders

Graham Alexander Burnley

Scott Brown Celtic

Kris Commons Derby County

Darren Fletcher Manchester United

Paul Hartley Bristol City

James McFadden Birmingham City

Shaun Maloney Celtic

Forwards

David Clarkson Bristol City

Steven Fletcher Burnley

Kevin Kyle Kilmarnock

Kenny Miller Rangers

Steven Naismith Rangers

More than a bit dumb to drop Weir half way through the qualifying campaign and immediately before the most vital games. Wonder if dumb or dumber will partner Weir in the middle or if he will go with a rusty McManus. Cant imagine Kyle getting a start but again it wouldnt surprise me.