Weir recalled for Scotland

Jimbo.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Weir wasn't such a proffesional he would simply thank Burley for the call-up but decline in favour of putting all his efforts towards Rangers title challenge. I was pleased when he was left out of the last Scotland squad as it meant his full concentration would be on Rangers and he wouldn't be put at risk of injury or fatigue while playing for Scotland.

Fair play to the big man though, he is a great sportsman and will give his all for both club and country. I just really hope that he can keep it up for the duration of the season.

Understand the sentiments thah Big Davie should tell Burley to get lost. But... Davie would always represent his country -- always. And treat it like the honour it is.

A great Captain of our Club -- and he better be made Captain of Scotland as well.

Well done Davie. :clap:

I think Burley's taking the piss out of Weir a bit here.

He knows that "The Miracle ©" is too professional to say no, even after the way he's been treated by Scotland twice now.

Would you care to qualify that statement for me? I will concede the point that he has been treated shabbily by Burley, however Weir walked out on Scotland after having a nightmare tournament in 2002, and taking the huff when Bertie criticized him. Not exactly roughly treated twice.

And for what it's worth, Davie Weir will proudly walk out for Scotland in the upcoming double header , as he is too big a player ,and a man to say no.

He knows that "The Miracle ©" is too professional to say no, even after the way he's been treated by Scotland twice now.

Would you care to qualify that statement for me? I will concede the point that he has been treated shabbily by Burley, however Weir walked out on Scotland after having a nightmare tournament in 2002, and taking the huff when Bertie criticized him. Not exactly roughly treated twice.

And for what it's worth, Davie Weir will proudly walk out for Scotland in the upcoming double header , as he is too big a player ,and a man to say no.

The first time he was treated badly was because under Bertie all the blame was placed at his door, and that was done publicly, not in private, when the way Scotland was performing was down to the shitty management and a lot more players in the team than just Weir.

I'd have prefered if Wier had told the alky to stuff his call up. Fecked up by playing the chuckle brothers against Norway and not even having Davie in the squad.

Any injury to him will leave us woefully short at the back.

Weir has been treated abysmally by Scotland on two occasions now and I think he should tell Burley where to go. Dropped for the shiter half of the Brothers Grimm for the Norway game, never mind the Vogts pish.

And as for Kevin Kyle, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Either get on your fucking knees and get Boyd back or GTF.

I look forward to you covering Kilmarnock matches :pipe:

I blame college. My old lecturer was a die-hard Killie fan and rabid Rangers-hater, so I gave him as good as I got.

He did call the fact that Kyle would get another call up though.

He also bet me that within 25 years, Killie will have been SPL champs at least once. doh

The first time he was treated badly was because under Bertie all the blame was placed at his door, and that was done publicly, not in private, when the way Scotland was performing was down to the shitty management and a lot more players in the team than just Weir.

No he wasn't. Bertie publicly stated he was disappointed at the squad hemorrhaging goals, and said with the experience we had in defense at the time, he thought we should have been a lot stronger. The print media at the time jumped upon that, threw in their own brand or spin, and hey presto... The red tops sold more papers.

Weir chose to jack it in, only to come back when Smith offered him a return after Bertie was gone. Boyd has done the same, spin it anyway you choose to, both walked out on their country, both were missed, Weir came back and hopefully Boyd will return, if asked after Burley goes.

This just goes to show how much of a fucking idiot George Burley is, and tbh, I'm pretty pissed off about this. The last thing we need is David Weir playing extra games, especially for Scotland with the lack of back-up we have.

I wish David Weir had told Burley to show a call-up, up his arse, but he's far to professional for that, and credit to him.

George Burley, and Scotland are a laughing stock!

I hope big Davie tells him to shove it where the sun don't shine. He won't though, he's far too much of a gentleman and a professional to do so. Take note, Mr Burley!

Why should Davie Weir not play for Scotland again? Because dickwad didnt pick him a few times... Davie Weir is a patriotic guy who wants to play for his country. Its his choice. He is a true professional and i have every respect for him. If he wants to play for Scotland then thats good enough for me.

He plays for Scotland...not the SFA

He was publically singled out by Berti Vogts for criticism when he was far from the worst player on the park.

That's being treated shabbily and that's happened twice.

Speaks volumes for Weir that he will agree to turn out for them again without comment.

Journalist: 'Do you regret not calling up Davie Weir?'

Burley: 'Well Davie played in the earlier games, against Norway...'

Journalist: 'Aye, and we had a shut out in that match.'

Burley: 'The defenders that came in instead done very well.'

What an absolute banger Burley is.

He didn't actually say that, did he?

He didn't actually say that, did he?

Aye! I just seen it on SSN, I couldn't believe it.