Fifa 10 Demo

Broomloanblues1

The PC version has nowhere near the same game mechanics as it it built to run on a variety of Home Pcs starting at low specs... it so plainly clear that the PC version is equal to that of the PS2, and not the PS3... Then again, you hate fifa so I'll bare that in mind when you make an opinion of FIFA

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said it's no different to 09? :blink:

The gameplay is completely different! Looking forward to this with the extra tweaks that EA will make in accordance with the demo feedback.

I've been thinking the same thing mate. The running has totally changed and gives you so much more control of your player, the passing is faster and looks great when you are playing as Barca and taking teams apart.

Overall I'm pleased with the demo and I think that it will only get better between now and October :)

I'm enjoying the passing, especially switching play from one flank to another.

I'm not sure what I should be looking for with the 360 Degree dribbling though? I can feel a difference when going past players, but that does the 360 Dribbling really mean?

If you think about a D pad, you have up down left and right, then think about the 45 degree angles in between, you have north west, east, and so on.

Previously when you would dribble, you were pretty restricted to your full movement. When you turned with the ball, it was slow, jerky and not a fluid movement. Now when you dribble, its barely even in a straight line, the players seem less rigid and dont feel like they are magnets on the ground as such. When you turn you get full movement, precise movement too. Its hard to explain but the difference is clear!

If you think about a D pad, you have up down left and right, then think about the 45 degree angles in between, you have north west, east, and so on.

Previously when you would dribble, you were pretty restricted to your full movement. When you turned with the ball, it was slow, jerky and not a fluid movement. Now when you dribble, its barely even in a straight line, the players seem less rigid and dont feel like they are magnets on the ground as such. When you turn you get full movement, precise movement too. Its hard to explain but the difference is clear!

Ah.

I was running down the left touchline this morning and I moved the stick like less than a millimetre up, and the ball ran out of play because my player just ever so slightly went left a wee bit.

That didn't happen in 09!

That must be it :)

aye, at a full speed dribble on fifa 09, if you moved inside, your player would always go at the same angle, that would sometimes make faster players hard to catch, now the angle is so slight, or so heavy, you have to get it spot on... speed dribbling (trick button and sprint) helps aswell

someone at my work was saying the demo is 2 versions behind the current version of the game

I recon the reason why most people buy FIFA is because of the licensed players and teams compared to PES. Although, PES has the best gameplay out of the two it's overall a superior game.

Not really.

I bought PES for seven years in a row over FIFA until Euro 2008. Back then, PES had even less licensed teams than it has now, but it didn't matter - it was just far superior.

FIFA now has the better gameplay. IMO of course :)

I recon the reason why most people buy FIFA is because of the licensed players and teams compared to PES. Although, PES has the best gameplay out of the two it's overall a superior game.

PES has not been good since pes 6, and even then it was not that great. pes 4-5 were possible the best football games ever. fifa is the far better football game of the 2 nowadays.

Am I the only one finding the demo really, really difficult?

Emm give me 2 secs...

Oh wait shit I forgot I still canni download the fucking thing :lol:

Microsoft = :wanker:

Sony :praise:

I'm actually going to get a PS3 slim just not sure when.. Microsoft just try and shaft you at every opportunity and just like to ban you for a month for no reason atall so you lose a months Live that you have to PAY for and they don't give you it back etc..

Also getting a new TV and wanting a blu-ray player so really getting 2 in 1 :)

Eh?! Microsoft BAN you for months that you've paid for?!

That's fucking ridiculous! :lol:

The problem was though it wouldn't let me get into my profile offline so couldn't even play the games offline without starting again. I sort of just forgave them but now they have brought in this stupid thing of that you need a gold account to download a demo when it comes out otherwise you need to wait a week. That has just pushed me overboard now, what a stupid idea that is. They expect me to pay a £5 for a months Live just so I can download a demo when I should be able to in the first place :lol:

It's all greed with Microsoft. I just want to be able to pick up the controller and play online etc when I want to, instead of having to worry if my Gold account might have ran out. :)

Am I the only one finding the demo really, really difficult?

Its quite difficult on the highest difficulty level because your players seem to get easily knocked off the ball. I think part of my problem at first was because its such a quick game you try and score too quickly without building the same sort of passing game that you would if you were playing a 5 minute half game.

I think there is also the fact with Fifa that you can never pick it up and be great at it straight away like PES, you need to get to know the game a little better and get to grips with the changes to the running, passing and shooting.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the full game offers :)