First ever Rangers game....

No doubt this has been posted before but would like to hear any stories about your first rangers game, especially if any older bears are in, any 100,000 plus crowds etc. I have no memeory of ibrox without the club deck and corners filled in, and never experienced the terraced enclosures :(

my first game was rangers v beitar jerusalim, i think we won 4-1 or 4-2, but i always remember rino gattuso scoring after about 45 seconds!!

Rangers 3 - 1 Alania Vladikavkaz. Me and my dad sat in the wrong seat at first. I never had a clue where i was meant to be sitting. Ended up right up the back. Still good though.

There was some atmospher that night..place was rocking

First game v Falkirk, I'm sure it was 86 or 87. We won 4 nil and my outstanding memory was Davie Cooper.

I alway remember the whole crowd standing up with excitement any time he recieved a pass, regardless where on the field he was. Thinking about the great man now still brings me out in shivers.

My first Rangers game was a cup final at Hampden, I don't remember much about the game as I was so young. But my first visit to Ibrox was an O/F new year game, that we won 1-0 with Jonas Thern scoring a screamer. Fantastic.

First game at Ibrox was vs St Johnstone in 94/95 and my first away game was at Firhill vs Partick Thistle probably around the 96-97 or later as i remember it still having terracing.

Cant say i have any real memories of the actuall football played but i remember my da and i couldnt find the supporters bus after the St Jonstone game and walked all the way from Ibrox to Central station which seemed like 20 miles to me and then we got a taxi to my grannys. :lol:

All i remember about the Thistle game was that i kept moaning to my da about having a sore arse fae sitting on the railings on the terracing. :lol:

Rangers V Hearts at tynecastle (quite ironic really)

It was 1986ish and they went ahead through Gary McKay and we equalised in the second half with a Graham Roberts penalty.

IIRC it was also the game that Hearts fan threw bananas at Mark Walters!

Rangers 3 - 1 Alania Vladikavkaz. Me and my dad sat in the wrong seat at first. I never had a clue where i was meant to be sitting. Ended up right up the back. Still good though.

There was some atmospher that night..place was rocking

I can't remember a great deal about it, even though it's on the 9IAR tape (I had the tape). And i remember seeing a video of it not long ago as well. But it's faded.

Around 1964 or thereabouts Rangers 4 Partick Thistle 1, small crowd for then probably aroud 55,000 but what a noise when the teams ran out [my first memory] my wonderful Uncle Freddy took me [as my parents hadn't a clue about football] what a bluenose Freddy was old school,my mum says he had me a Rangers supporter from the day I came home, God bless him for starting me on the road to so many happy times, my kids and family come first but by God it's a close run thing.

2-1 win over Hibs in Sept 1993. Trevor Steven got the opening goal, Darren Jackson :anguish: equilised for the Mini Scum before Hately got the winner just after half time.

Good atmosphere in the midst of 9IAR years and amazing to make my first ever trip to Blue Heaven :gerbad:

My first game was a testimonial v Arsenal. Cant remember who for tho

I think that was my first too. was only young my dad took me, was that when we got bet 3-1 ?

Who's testimonial was it?

Cant remember a was very young aha, might have not been the arsenal game your talkin bout :( Probably isnt

My first game was a testimonial v Arsenal. Cant remember who for tho

I think that was my first too. was only young my dad took me, was that when we got bet 3-1 ?

Who's testimonial was it?

Cant remember a was very young aha, might have not been the arsenal game your talkin bout :( Probably isnt

Perchance are you talking about the 3-0 win over Arsenal at the Brox in 1996? Believe it was Goughie's testimonial. Sorry, King Richard!

1st one I can remember was st johnstone away, we were wearing our blue and orange horizontal strip, cant rememeber the score was quite young. Great Experience though.

Think the Gers came from a goal down that day...remember Ian Ferguson running onto a low cross and blasting home from a few yards out :P Okay I only remember because of 5iao haha

Pretty sure my first Rangers game was at Hampden the next season...replay vs Killie in the cup. Controversial Hateley goal if I rememeber correctly.

Rangers V Duns, Scottish Cup, sometime around 64.

Was in the main stand. Always remember that walk up the final few stairs, and comin out into the stand and the magnificent view onto the pitch.

Was in Ibrox many times with packed terraces, including the disaster game in 71.

Probably one of the best atmospheres was V's Bayern in the semi of 72 ECWC.

Was in the Derry, not the Rangers end, but inside the main covered area where the singing was. The singing, swaying and excitement was awesome!

Games against the Bheggars was fantastic too !