Sasa very happy at Rangers and looks to massive games

Boab

by Matthew Lindsay

SASA PAPAC has brushed aside speculation linking him with a move out of Ibrox.

Instead, the defender says he wants to stay with Rangers for the remainder of his two-year contract.

Left-back Papac, who returned to the team in the 2-1 win over Hearts at Tynecastle on Sunday, has been named as a signing target for St Etienne and Middlesbrough.

However, the Bosnian revealed that, with less than a week to go before the transfer window closes, he is not interested in leaving the Scottish champions.

advertisement

He said: "I don't know if other teams have been interested in me in the past or not.

"I don't have an agent so I am not sure about this situation.

"Even if I was linked to other clubs it doesn't matter because I am very happy at Rangers.

"It is a very big club, a successful club that has a chance of winning trophies every season and playing in Europe.

"I feel very settled here and have two years left on my contract so I am very happy. I think the important thing for any footballer is to be happy, on and off the pitch.

"Away from work my family loves being in Scotland and that is so important.

"If you go home and everyone is happy that makes you relaxed and you can focus on playing football. I am fortunate I can do that."

The 29-year-old is looking forward to being involved in the Champions League Group stages again this season and is keen to see who Rangers get in the draw in Monaco tomorrow.

Speaking in the Rangers News, he said: "Being in the Champions League is fantastic for everyone involved at this football club and I can't wait for the draw.

"I still look back on the season we enjoyed two years ago and the teams we faced.

"To play Barcelona, Stuttgart and Lyon was an amazing experience and, overall, I think we did well against them.

"This season we can look forward to more massive games."

Publication date 26/08/09

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2527545.0.0.php