***The Official Champions League Draw Thread***

bluenose_72

It's a very even group among the main 3 sides. Perhaps Urziceni can spring a surprise, but truth is it's us, Sevilla and VfB who are fighting it out for qualification.

I am taking nothing for granted, but any 2 teams in this group can qualify - let us ensure one of those is us.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very even group among the main 3 sides. Perhaps Urziceni can spring a surprise, but truth is it's us, Sevilla and VfB who are fighting it out for qualification.

I am taking nothing for granted, but any 2 teams in this group can qualify - let us ensure one of those is us.

Agreed, and I dont think its going to matter wether we come 1st or 2nd, if the top 2 seeds progress, we would still get a tough draw in the last 16

we need to keep an eye on unirea as well remember last year with cluj everybody wrote them off basically because nobody knew who they were and they nicked a 2-1 win away to roma n drew with chelsea.

The eastern european teams are always technically gifted and can spring a surprise on any given nite. so lets get a potential banana skin out the way when we have the back-to-back games against them.

Couldn't really ask for a better group in terms of our chances of progression. Wouldn't exactly say it's 6pts guaranteed vs the Romanians but we at least have an extremely good chance of securing 3rd place and i'm sure we'll get our shock away win vs one of the big ones that we seem to do nearly every campaign.

Home form is key and looking forward to see Ibrox bouncing once again on a big CL night. 2 great away trips for the support, everyone has fond memories of the great time had by all in Stuttgart town centre.

A great quote from the BBC website that made me smile

"United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Rangers all reached the first round automatically, while Arsenal eased to a 5-1 aggregate victory over Celtic in qualifying to clinch their place in the lucrative stages of Europe's premier competition."

:D