The REAL Battle of Britain

BouncingBear

All this pishtalk of Arsenal Vs C**ic as the 'Battle of Britain' made me whip out my dads old video casette and fire on the Rangers Vs Leeds UTD games. What a video that is, wish I was old enough at the time to have remembered it.

What seemed weird was that there were no Leeds fans at Ibrox and again no Sons of William at Elland Rd. Why was that?

Hatelys & Coistys goals at Elland Rd were fantastic.

All this pishtalk of Arsenal Vs C**ic as the 'Battle of Britain' made me whip out my dads old video casette and fire on the Rangers Vs Leeds UTD games. What a video that is, wish I was old enough at the time to have remembered it.

What seemed weird was that there were no Leeds fans at Ibrox and again no Sons of William at Elland Rd. Why was that?

I attended both games. I met at least another dozen Bears in and around Elland Road that evening.

Both clubs agreed not to take tickets for their respective away leg.

I attended both games. I met at least another dozen Bears in and around Elland Road that evening.

Both clubs agreed not to take tickets for their respective away leg.

i also went to both games

cost me 40 quid for a 7 quid ticket but worth every penny

Great memories there! Used to have the BoB on VHS tape, but lent it to a guy in the pipe band I was playing with at the time (a number of years back), and the bassa skipped out the band and never returned. Valuable lesson, I suppose. :(

that was the REAL Battle of Britain though....

Champions of Scotland v Champions of England!!

Wot a couple of nights they were...amazin'!!!

And that year in Europe, due to the number of high profile games etc, the amount of flags the Bears took on tour were out of this world (shame we couldnt display them at Elland Rd tho)...then we took them ALL (well it looked like it!!) to parkheid to show them how its done on the continent!!

Those were the days, my friend!!

I was at the home match and couldnt believe it when they scored so early on, i remember a few Leeds fans had made it into Ibrox(one a few rows behind me and my dad) they didnt last long tho, happy memories and what an atmosphere!!