Our New Chairman

How much is this guy worth? He seems to represent the very elite in world sport. I am sure he will know a good few people with money to burn over in the States.

Also, giving his sports background i'd imagine marketing and PR would be where his expertise lies. Something which is going to be invaluable to us.

My thoughts were along these lines too (tu)

Having a guy who's company represents the absolute elite in sport can surely only be seen as a good thing when it comes to potentially remarketing Rangers as a global brand, while his roots to the club can help with maintaing the history and identity of the club at the same time?

(tu)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh I don't really have my hopes up too much till something tangible is delivered.

We were all pleased when Gordon Smith was elected CE of the SFA, thinking that a fair, impartial and intelligent Rangers man would benefit us and the Scottish game to major levels, whereas instead it's gone the other way and he seems to not only be making a hash of everything, but appealing to timmy too - he seems to have become a total handwringer.

And we thought he'd be the best thing since sliced bread.

So applying that logic to Johnston, best of luck to him, and here's hoping he can deliver improvement in the infrastructure and financial stability of the club - but I am not just going to assume he will.