The Murray Debate.

Creampuff

316 members have voted

1. 1. Was SDM a Good Chairman of Rangers?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was an unknown steel stockholder when he paid £6m for an institution. Rangers were the sleeping giant and were by far a better investment than Ayr Utd. He wasn't doing us any favors, never has done. He paid off a debt that he was largely instrumental in accruing, who ever believed we needed Colin Hendry? he played with our clubs finances and lied through his teeth when he said HE would spend ten for every one of their five. He ends up with a Knighthood, we've spent the time since having that fantasy shoved down our throats.

He has used and abused the finance provided by the support to raise his own profile, and sat back, and did fuck all to defend over quarter of a million Bears and Bearettes who formed the biggest traveling support that world football has ever seen. He's a fucking leach who was flashing our cash during the seven years of plenty, but when the bubble burst he couldn't wash his hands quickly enough.

It made my blood boil to hear that sycophantic piece of shit saying yesterday that HE was putting no more money in as if he was some sort of benefactor. He is waiting to sell our Club for at least the same amount of money he paid off his debts with. Add up the assets he has diverted to his other outside interests and what has his tenure cost him?

The quicker that fucker gets over to Auchenhowie and removes his signboard the better, he can then fuck off and join his surrender monkey mates.

100% yes he WAS

however now he is merley ticking over and clinging on to the sttus, without his 'if they put down a fiver........' pledge being honoured.

There is no rush, but we need fresh money, from the right person (if SDM wont), sometime soon.

I voted yes.

I don't hold as much hatred towards him as some do, but i also understand their opinion. However, he has given us some of the best years in the history of our club, of that there is no doubt. And for that alone, i think that makes him a good chairman. But it is time to move on now, and lets hope AJ and Rangers move forward.

Can you list a similar roll of honour for the last 9 years? That is where the criticism of Murray comes from.

3 leagues, a bunch of domestic cups, first Scottish club to reach the last 16 of the CL and the Uefa Cup final. All under brutal financial constraints caused by spending which few fans objected to at the time.

Oh, wait, you want another 9IAR? You want a treble every year? You want last 16 and beyond every year?

On planet earth that just doesn't happen, not even to Real Madrid, Barcelona and AC Milan.

100% yes he WAS

however now he is merley ticking over and clinging on to the sttus, without his 'if they put down a fiver........' pledge being honoured.

There is no rush, but we need fresh money, from the right person (if SDM wont), sometime soon.

Are you aware he's no longer the chairman?

Voted yes, he's brought some magnificent players to Ibrox and they've entertained us and brought us success. Brought us Woods, Butcher, Laudrup, Gazza, De Boer, Arteta, Gio V.B, Albertz and many more.

With his business contacts can he not bring in more investors on board? he still owns 90% of Rangers' shares. Surely we could find a wealthy investor for our worldwide supported club.

With his business contacts can he not bring in more investors on board? he still owns 90% of Rangers' shares. Surely we could find a wealthy investor for our worldwide supported club.

All his business contacts know he's sold of the family silver and left us skint, hence no forth-coming buyers.

every time i came on here...murray was getting slagged tae hell.

but the poll shows otherwise.

just shows you how the angry loud minority can sound like the majority.

hmmmmm dont believe anything you hear on the net.

<cr>

Well said.

Was SDM a Good Chairman of Rangers?

Yes [ 250 ] ** [89.29%]

No [ 30 ] ** [10.71%]

<cr>

Well said.

Yes [ 250 ] ** [89.29%]

No [ 30 ] ** [10.71%]

Spot on after seeing that vote, but remember lots of members never voted because of the way that it was worded. :)

<cr>

Well said.

Yes [ 250 ] ** [89.29%]

No [ 30 ] ** [10.71%]

Spot on after seeing that vote, but remember lots of members never voted because of the way that it was worded. :)

'Was SDM a Good Chairman of Rangers?'

7 words Minstral. Which didn't you like?

The word 'good'? :P

Voted yes, he's brought some magnificent players to Ibrox and they've entertained us and brought us success. Brought us Woods, Butcher, Laudrup, Gazza, De Boer, Arteta, Gio V.B, Albertz and many more.

Woods and Butcher were signed long before SDM took over.

What I liked about the poll was you had to make your mind up - yes or no - sure some sat on the fence by not voting (but as they dont get counted in any poll they don't count here). Simple yes or no - was he good for Rangers - the answer is yes! as it should be IMHO.

Can you list a similar roll of honour for the last 9 years? That is where the criticism of Murray comes from.

3 leagues, a bunch of domestic cups, first Scottish club to reach the last 16 of the CL and the Uefa Cup final. All under brutal financial constraints caused by spending which few fans objected to at the time.

Oh, wait, you want another 9IAR? You want a treble every year? You want last 16 and beyond every year?

On planet earth that just doesn't happen, not even to Real Madrid, Barcelona and AC Milan.

3 out of 9 titles in a two horse race with a mostly poor scummy team.

4 out of the last 12 domestic cups.

So you are quite happy with winning 1 in 3 of the major trophies in a country with only 2 big teams. Quite sad that.

McLeish did extremely well to reach the last 16 of the CL with only one win in the group stage, but to celebrate that as an achievement for a club of our size is Murray-speak at it's best. Surely a club of our standing should be seeing that as the minimum requirement, if our club was being run properly.

The UEFA Cup run, which only came about because we took only 1 point from our last 4 games in the CL group stage remember, was a much welcome return to prominence, even if it was in the diddy cup of Europe that most of Europe's top clubs dont bother with. In fact, most of them would gladly sacrifice their UEFA cup run for a few more league points.

The credit due to a Chairman of a football club is due when he ensures that the income streams into the club are sufficient to provide the manager with sufficient funds to ensure the quality of the football squad is at a level to allow the manager to put a winning team out on the park. The credit/blame is due to the manager if he then either wins trrophies or squanders that provision.

Between 1988 and 1998, Murray ensured that the income streams were sufficient to provide the manager with funds to put a winning team on the park. Between 1998 and 2001, he recklessly allowed the manager to overspend both on wage budgets and transfer fees. Between 2001-2007, he did not provide the manager with sufficient funds as we were too busy downsizing everything to pay back the mistakes made in the previous 3 years. We then overspent again between 2007-2008, and we find ourselves in unmanageable debt again and unable to provide the manager with any funds for the coming season.

If that is success to you, then I am pleased for you, but I must have grander ambitions for Scotland's premier club.

Possibly it was the simplistic choices on offer :rolleyes:

Well making a "mixed opinion" option would be against the point of me making this poll.

The point was, do the positives outweigh the negatives?.

Possibly it was the simplistic choices on offer :rolleyes:

Well making a "mixed opinion" option would be against the point of me making this poll.

The point was, do the positives outweigh the negatives?.

Yet, would have made it accurate ;)

All you got was the people who llike murray voting yes, and, a handful voting no, with everyone else not voting