• Last 16
    • Last 8
    • Semis or better

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the draw has been somewhat kind in respect to what it could have been. it shows the advantage of being seeded higher. i would have preferred to have gotten Bayern Munich though from the top seeds, but that would have meant possibly a tougher tie from pot 3. so its worked out pretty fair. glad we avoided Standard Liege as well from pot 4.

its the best shot they could have. keeping players fit will be the key. if we get injuries we are snookered. if the full 11-15 are available, the guys have proved their ethic before ! it's a much more inviting group than Barcelona, Lyon and Stuttgart !!!

the Romanians wont be mugs, but they wont be playing in their own stadium, which could work to our advantage !

I should be optimistic as the draw was very kind to us but I just cant see us finishing better thatn 3rd.

All tho it is fickle to right off the romanians as I dont know anything about you have to feel that we would have enough in our locker to certainly win the home tie and perhaps at the very worst get a draw away.

I do not feel confident about Sevilla away and it we get enough breaks may be able to sneak a point at a home as they really are a top quality side.

That brings me to Stuggart.Now many bears will point to the home wins in 2003 and 2007 against them but they are stronger now than they were two seasons ago and have the likes of alexander hleb in there squad where as we are significantly weaker than last time around - no hutton,cuellar,ferguson,darcheville,hemdani,cousin - and on paper they should beat us both at home and away.But you never know.My heart wants to confidently say ''Yes we will march thru this group and into the last 16 once again'' but my head says 3rd is what we should be aiming for.

If we win our first two games, we can book our place in the last 16.

we won our first two games in the 2000/01 season (sturm graz and monaco) and finished 3rd.

we won our first two games in 2007/08 season and finsiher 3rd.

And on a side note we won our first two games of the uefa cup group stages 2004/05 (amic wronki and graazer) and finished 4th in the group so you can take nothing for granted no matter how well we play in the first two games.

This isn't as easy as some bears think it is going to be if we want to qualify from this group we are going to put in some amount of work,great perfomances and ride our luck at times.

Last 16 is more than realistic.

Exactly (tu)

Hence why its being reported as a favourable draw. I will be disappointed with 3rd in this group, with Sevilla away being the biggest challenge.

You cant bet/guess on after last 16, because, its all down to the draw, we could be in form and pull out Man Utd or Real, so, at this point in time, I expect last 16, then, wait to see who we get

I think last 16 is now the minimum aim.

I always said it was down to the group and we've got a goody.

In saying that, don't underestimate Unirea. People underestimated Cluj in their maiden season in Europe and look how well they did.

We've drawn a decent group with none of the giants. As I said in another thread we have to make Ibrox a fortress and look for a win in all three matches at home because these are tricky away games. I wouldn't underestimate Urinea, Romania has quite a high coefficient nowadays and these guys are champs, not to mention games in eastern Europe are always tricky.

I think we can definitely secure the Europa Cup spot and depending on how we go in Germany and Spain the Last 16. After then, who knows? It's hard to see us going past Quarter Finals at most in the CL but even that would be one hell of an achievement for a Scottish team with very little money.

I think last 16 is now the minimum aim.

I always said it was down to the group and we've got a goody.

In saying that, don't underestimate Unirea. People underestimated Cluj in their maiden season in Europe and look how well they did.

this is what i feel but alot of people are thinking europa league after christmas would be acceptable, no chance lets get out the group and into the elite 16

i think were gonna surprise a few people in this group.

weve been written off by a few people any1 listen to that w*nk adrian chiles on radio talksport? as soon as we were drawn with sevilla and stuttgart he says '..bye bye rangers then...' complete twat!

anyway i dont think any of the teams will fancy coming to ibrox, so expect a mininmum of 7 points there (with seville being the draw)

we'll get a score draw in germany, another point at least in romania and hopfully 9 points sees us through.

seville will underestimate us at ibrox and stuttgart will know how tough we are at home!

wee nacho to do the biz against the seville and our midfield to outcalss all at ibrox!

EDUARDO for a knighthood!

Last 8 is ridiculous. At least wait until we have progresses into the last 16 and know the team we could face. Sevilla and Stuttgart should not be under-estimated and both of those sides will be delighted that they've drawn us. I believe we can make the last 16 but its not a given.