Valencia V Sevilla on Sunday 6pm Sky Sports 2

Danny

Palop, Squillaci, Jesus Navas, Luis Fabiano, Renato, Kanoute, Escude, Duda, Fernando Navarro, Romaric and one of my favourite players in La Liga, Diego Capel. Plus they signed Alvaro Negredo....what a squad they have!

Palop, Squillaci, Jesus Navas, Luis Fabiano, Renato, Kanoute, Escude, Duda, Fernando Navarro, Romaric and one of my favourite players in La Liga, Diego Capel. Plus they signed Alvaro Negredo....what a squad they have!

It's a good squad but not a squad deserving of its pot 1 CL status tbh. If we're honest, we scraped the pot 2 seed ourselves, and Sevilla are about equally deserving of pot 1. The points system is a total shambles and it's ridiculous to see a dire Bayern as a pot 1 team while teams like Inter and Real languished in pot 2.

So while I acknowledge Sevilla aren't pish, they're not spectacular either and I'm thrilled we got them.

I'd say Sevilla are a pretty good side. Easily one of the best in Spain as they have shown over the last number of seasons.

Got to agree there i think to many peaople aren't giving Sevilla the credit they deserve they have been very consistent in La Liga for the past 3-4 years now and haven't done to bad in Europe either IMO

Spain seem to have a Top 2 and then the rest(like England having a Top 4 then the rest), but I'd say Sevilla are the best of the rest. Fabiano, Kanoute and Capel are tremendous players. I remember watching Capel when he first broke into the team(think it was around the time of Puerta's tragic death) and you could see then that he was going to be some player.

I'd say Sevilla are a pretty good side. Easily one of the best in Spain as they have shown over the last number of seasons.

Well yes, they are a pretty good side, but not a pot 1 team. And yes, they are easily one of the best in Spain, but so are Villarreal, Valencia and Atletico Madrid.

Well yes, they are a pretty good side, but not a pot 1 team. And yes, they are easily one of the best in Spain, but so are Villarreal, Valencia and Atletico Madrid.

They are better than Villarreal, Atletico and Valencia....the stats don't lie.

Got to agree there i think to many peaople aren't giving Sevilla the credit they deserve they have been very consistent in La Liga for the past 3-4 years now and haven't done to bad in Europe either IMO

They've been atrocious in the CL for a pot 1 team, with their diddy cup triumphs their major claim to fame in Europe.

Atletico Madrid are a better team than Sevilla inho, having scored 33 goals more than them last year. If they could fix their defence they'd be challenging for one of the top 2 spots, never mind third.

I'd also say Valencia and Villarreal are at least on a par with them, with, again, slightly inferior defences letting them down - they both scored more goals than Sevilla.

Sevilla's success is based on a better defensive record - bit bizarre that one defeat more for Atletico Madrid meant they not only had to play a qualifier against Panathinaikos, but are a pot 3 team compared to Sevilla who are pot 1. Uefa Cup success and third place in La Liga sure are handy :D

They are better than Villarreal, Atletico and Valencia....the stats don't lie.

Stats also tell you the above 3 teams scored more goals, particularly Atletico who scored about 33 more.

Score more goals, but concede a lot more, and drop more points - Seville are a better side, better league position ;) What have Atletico won recently? Seville have won the UEFA Cup two years on the trot, and a Super-Cup and a Copa del Rey. Now you might call that a diddy cup (UEFA Cup) now, but you never called it that when we were competing in it.

Atletico Madrid may have scored 33 goals more than Sevilla last season, however you must remember their was a spell last season when all their strikers were out either injured or suspended so this will not have helped the amount of goals they scored. 2 seasons ago Sevilla should of won La Liga but they threw it away.

Negredo was moaning in the papers this morning about our style of football, and saying Sevilla like to attack.

Only been watching this for 15minutes, and Sevilla have barely touched the ball, never mind attacked. Silva :praise:

Navas is so small and weak looking, get big Lee to smash him :angel: