Coisty on our Draw

Boab

Here's the video if you've got Rangers World, I'm watching it the now (tu)

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/su...ws/0,,5,00.html

by Lindsay Herron

ALLY McCOIST is keeping his feet on the ground but he believes there is a genuine opportunity for Rangers to qualify from their Champions League group.

Rangers World was with the Assistant Manager as he watched the draw unfold live on TV in his home and he was naturally pleased when the Light Blues came out with Sevilla, Stuttgart and Unirea Urziceni.

McCoist told World: "We are delighted to be there first and foremost and we are very pleased with the draw.

"Although you would not say that Sevilla are the most glamourous team from Pot 1 given that Man United and Barcelona were in there they are a very good team.

"They finished third in La Liga last year and they have some well known faces in Fabiano and Kanoute.

"We are also drawn with our old friends Stuttgart who we faced in the group phase two years ago and the Romanian Champions.

"Unirea will be the dark horses. We don't know too much about them other than they got into the top flight in 2006 and won the title last season under Dan Petrescu, whom I crossed swords a couple of times in my career

"So overall we have to be very pleased with the draw."

Rangers were the first Scottish club to make it out of the group phase of the Chamnpions League in 2005/06 when Alex McLeish's side emerged from a section that included Inter Milan, Porto and Artmedia Bratislava.

They went on to narrowly lose to Villarreal on away goals in the last 16 when they drew 0-0 at Ibrox and 1-1 at El Madrigal.

McCoist is not making any firm predictions but he is hopeful that the current crop could emulate that feat.

He said: "I am always half full rather than half empty and of course we have a chance to qualify from the group.

"You would have to say that coming from Pot 1 Sevilla will be favourites and Stuttgart will be very tough. They finished third in the Bundesliga but we managed to beat them at home and were unfortunate not to get something over there.

"So we would hope to go one better there.

"We will do our homework on the Romanians and hopefully we can have a very good campaign.

"The Champions League is where we want to be and where the fans want to be. There is nothing like a European night at Ibrox when the stadium is rocking.

"We have some great games coming up and we are really looking forward to it.

I liked the fact you could see the toy cars in the background, hope his boys are ok now after 1 or 2 of them being in Yorkhill at an early stage of life.

Liked his comments on the draw too. http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1780089,00.html

Here's the video if you've got Rangers World, I'm watching it the now (tu)

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/su...ws/0,,5,00.html

by Lindsay Herron

ALLY McCOIST is keeping his feet on the ground but he believes there is a genuine opportunity for Rangers to qualify from their Champions League group.

Rangers World was with the Assistant Manager as he watched the draw unfold live on TV in his home and he was naturally pleased when the Light Blues came out with Sevilla, Stuttgart and Unirea Urziceni.

McCoist told World: "We are delighted to be there first and foremost and we are very pleased with the draw.

"Although you would not say that Sevilla are the most glamourous team from Pot 1 given that Man United and Barcelona were in there they are a very good team.

"They finished third in La Liga last year and they have some well known faces in Fabiano and Kanoute.

"We are also drawn with our old friends Stuttgart who we faced in the group phase two years ago and the Romanian Champions.

"Unirea will be the dark horses. We don't know too much about them other than they got into the top flight in 2006 and won the title last season under Dan Petrescu, whom I crossed swords a couple of times in my career

"So overall we have to be very pleased with the draw."

Rangers were the first Scottish club to make it out of the group phase of the Chamnpions League in 2005/06 when Alex McLeish's side emerged from a section that included Inter Milan, Porto and Artmedia Bratislava.

They went on to narrowly lose to Villarreal on away goals in the last 16 when they drew 0-0 at Ibrox and 1-1 at El Madrigal.

McCoist is not making any firm predictions but he is hopeful that the current crop could emulate that feat.

He said: "I am always half full rather than half empty and of course we have a chance to qualify from the group.

"You would have to say that coming from Pot 1 Sevilla will be favourites and Stuttgart will be very tough. They finished third in the Bundesliga but we managed to beat them at home and were unfortunate not to get something over there.

"So we would hope to go one better there.

"We will do our homework on the Romanians and hopefully we can have a very good campaign.

"The Champions League is where we want to be and where the fans want to be. There is nothing like a European night at Ibrox when the stadium is rocking.

"We have some great games coming up and we are really looking forward to it.

I liked the fact you could see the toy cars in the background, hope his boys are ok now after 1 or 2 of them being in Yorkhill at an early stage of life.

Liked his comments on the draw too. http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1780089,00.html

Another mistake by the Rangers webisite

Was it no 3-3 on aggregate.... :anguish:

Yeah It was

It was 2-2 at Ibrox Lovenkrands and an OG, Forlan scored one for them can't remeber who else

Hate to bring it up... But Kris Boyd missed at sitter against Villarreal that would have secured us a last 8 place :(

Don't lie.

He's the best striker in the world and he never misses any chances.

He gets the ball and scores a goal :)

Except against Villarreal :(

Hate to bring it up... But Kris Boyd missed at sitter against Villarreal that would have secured us a last 8 place :(

Don't lie.

yeah shut up db

Don't lie.

He gets the ball and scores a goal :)

Except against Villarreal :(

Sadly that's when all the question about Boyd started to crop up :(