Clan Training ?

Ace

What happened last time is we all got COD 4 and played the single player mode, this taught us the controls and got us used to it - something we may/may not have to do this time depending on any new features.

We then hooked up to Multiplayer and set about having a go individually - we determined what we all did and got together in a private lobby.

In the Private Lobby we had a "Walkthrough" where we select a map and each player takes a turn to lead the rest thru the map showing what he does, with what weapons and why. Headsets meant we could all discuss what was going on.

From here we could determine a strategy that would incorporate all of our ideas or fine tune our individual roles as required.

We repeat that process for each map on the S&D rotation.

It proved very successful - in S & D we were rarely defeated.

I'm working on a similar system for the release of MW2

What happened last time is we all got COD 4 and played the single player mode, this taught us the controls and got us used to it - something we may/may not have to do this time depending on any new features.

We then hooked up to Multiplayer and set about having a go individually - we determined what we all did and got together in a private lobby.

In the Private Lobby we had a "Walkthrough" where we select a map and each player takes a turn to lead the rest thru the map showing what he does, with what weapons and why. Headsets meant we could all discuss what was going on.

From here we could determine a strategy that would incorporate all of our ideas or fine tune our individual roles as required.

We repeat that process for each map on the S&D rotation.

It proved very successful - in S & D we were rarely defeated.

I'm working on a similar system for the release of MW2

Yeah, this worked well.

Found plenty of superb defensive spots.

The walkthroughs were incredibly useful in the early days. But as things developed they eventually became pretty useless - as most people had found noob tubes and the games became a case of "who could noob tube who first" rather than tactically going after the other team.

I expect them to be very useful at the start of MW2.

The walkthroughs were incredibly useful in the early days. But as things developed they eventually became pretty useless - as most people had found noob tubes and the games became a case of "who could noob tube who first" rather than tactically going after the other team.

Aye that does happen, but if you survive the initial burst of noobs - you still have a job to do and that's where the tactics come in.

I'm hoping that MW2 will have some fairly substantial Map areas, larger than COD4 but less than WAW would be ideal for me. Perhaps noob tubes will be less successful in the opening stages of a game in MW2? Who knows - but either way, if you know what the other guys on your team are going to do, it can only help.

The biggest plus for me in the Walkthru's of COD 4 is that we found a few of us tried to do exactly same thing as each other, with obvious consequences. The Walkthru spotted that and we changed accordingly something that might've taken time to spot otherwise.

Aye that does happen, but if you survive the initial burst of noobs - you still have a job to do and that's where the tactics come in.

I'm hoping that MW2 will have some fairly substantial Map areas, larger than COD4 but less than WAW would be ideal for me. Perhaps noob tubes will be less successful in the opening stages of a game in MW2? Who knows - but either way, if you know what the other guys on your team are going to do, it can only help.

The biggest plus for me in the Walkthru's of COD 4 is that we found a few of us tried to do exactly same thing as each other, with obvious consequences. The Walkthru spotted that and we changed accordingly something that might've taken time to spot otherwise.

(tu)

Getting to know one another's tendencies was a massive bonus. We were also able to choose different weapons, grenades etc.. to suit the map and what each other did.

I often took the role of 'First To Die' :pipe:

So you're our surrender monkey? :pipe:

It worked something like this

KLB = Camper behind some bins somewhere

Papaguy = Cannon fodder to find enemy

McBoyd = Team Killer

Andy 500 = bomb carrier or get bomb near target then shot by enemy sniper

Ayrshire = bomb carrier when Andy got sent to bed.

Bluenose = sniper

JR, Jim, Chris, ofb = tidy up the mess.

:uk::P

McBoyd = Team Killer

Bluenose = sniper

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spot on Barkie :lol:

McBoyd = Team Killer

Bluenose = sniper

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spot on Barkie :lol:

hahaha!!