Murray Stepping Down - The Real Truth?

Just a thought hear.

Could the real truth be that he has stepped down just to get out of the heat from us fans. Think about it,

A new chairman based in the us.

Murray still owns club, but has no say day to day so can always say it's nothing to do with me on things like transfers, but he owns club so has final say on everything.

Plus the key point, Murray companys will still continue to supply everything to Rangers, therefor he still makes money out of the club.

Seems to me to be a classic Murrey smoke and mirrors move.

Any thoughts?

Just a thought hear.

Could the real truth be that he has stepped down just to get out of the heat from us fans. Think about it,

A new chairman based in the us.

Murray still owns club, but has no say day to day so can always say it's nothing to do with me on things like transfers, but he owns club so has final say on everything.

Plus the key point, Murray companys will still continue to supply everything to Rangers, therefor he still makes money out of the club.

Seems to me to be a classic Murrey smoke and mirrors move.

Any thoughts?

Been saying all along that he's done a runner before the 6-month figures are out and he's dodging the flak.

In a strange way I dont really care who owns the club, or runs the club with one (BIG) proviso - that we remain a sucessful club, with ambition, always striving to maintain our position in the scheme of things (OK that 3 provisions!) - what this all boils down to is 'what is best for RFC?' - we all have opinions on that but what is best is what we want!

I hardly think SDM is a man that runs away from anything. He has his ways -- no doubt -- that rankle some fans. But.. look at the man's history. Did he run away from life when he lost his legs? Did he run and hide when he lost his wife to cancer? No... He fought -- like a man.

Implying he is running away because of some Rangers fans is well, simply laughable.

I hardly think SDM is a man that runs away from anything. He has his ways -- no doubt -- that rankle some fans. But.. look at the man's history. Did he run away from life when he lost his legs? Did he run and hide when he lost his wife to cancer? No... He fought -- like a man.

Implying he is running away because of some Rangers fans is well, simply laughable.

well said coops

AR

Nothing sinister I feel, maybe going just before the figures comes out was unfortunate however.

I think he is going out on a high with us Champs and in the CL rather than still chasing them. He also knows that a new manager will be appointed in the next 12 months and so probably thought it was best all round for a change in direction for the club seeing as he has taken us as far as he can in the current climate.

I for one dont think we have seen the last of him quite yet unless he does sell up.

I think people are looking into this too much, IMO he has simply felt like it was time to 'hand over the baton'. He has given 21 years of his life to Rangers and maybe he just felt that the time was right or his drive and ambition was no longer what it was. Some things can be simple you know.

Stirring stuff. The bold David met the challenges you've listed head-on, yet he filled his pants like a little girl when he ran up a debt at a football club. Since then, like a Celtic casual running from a fight, he's fled from the responsibility of his day job as chairman of that same club.

What a hero.

Stirring stuff. The bold David met the challenges you've listed head-on, yet he filled his pants like a little girl when he ran up a debt at a football club. Since then, like a Celtic casual running from a fight, he's fled from the responsibility of his day job as chairman of that same club.

What a hero.

Aye, all right then.

Perhaps he has just had enough ... 20 years is a long time in the spotlight. I also feel the PLG fiasco took a lot out of him because he put his credibility on the line and it spectacularly failed ... indeed that is probably why he has been praising Walter so fulsomely recently because he dug him out of a hole by getting the club back to winning ways

What a hero.

Aye, all right then.

Let's pause to reflect on all the challenges Murray has successfully overcome as Rangers chairman:

Allow the Scottish press to dictate the religion of players we sign - check

Allow the club's enemies to dictate which songs we should stop singing - check

Allow the club's enemies to write lies about us without censure - check

Invite those same liars into the stadium every week - check

Promote a barman/male model to the position of Rangers CEO - check

Introduce a "positive discrimination" employment policy to ensure we employ enemies of the club - check

Create lies about our "sectarian" past and present himself as the man who ended it - check

Publicly sneer at dedicated Rangers fans who dare to ask for improvement - check

There's simply no end to the man's bravery. Where will we be without him??

I don't buy his "I decided it was time for a change" tale. I'm convinced it's a bank led move, indeed, who seriously believes that the new Chairman, who spends about a dozen-or-so-days a year in Scotland is going to be here enough to deal with what needs dealt with.

Murray is still the major shareholder and the bank is telling him what to do.

It doesn't get any simpler.

I don't buy his "I decided it was time for a change" tale. I'm convinced it's a bank led move, indeed, who seriously believes that the new Chairman, who spends about a dozen-or-so-days a year in Scotland is going to be here enough to deal with what needs dealt with.

Agreed. Since the HBOS collapse and the Lloyds takeover, Murray no longer has a friendly bank manager and the new bank bosses won't swallow Murray's lies as easily as the Scottish media and too many of the Rangers support do.

I fully expect an absolute sh1t-storm of financial scandal after Murray finally leaves. The scale of the financial incompetence under his stewardship which may one day emerge may well see him barred from running a company again, exactly as once happened with Robert Maxwell.

Agreed. Since the HBOS collapse and the Lloyds takeover, Murray no longer has a friendly bank manager and the new bank bosses won't swallow Murray's lies as easily as the Scottish media and too many of the Rangers support do.

I fully expect an absolute sh1t-storm of financial scandal after Murray finally leaves. The scale of the financial incompetence under his stewardship which may one day emerge may well see him barred from running a company again, exactly as once happened with Robert Maxwell.

You "fully expect an absolute sh1t-storm of financial scandal"

Oh c'mon 'captain' - you can't possibly leave that one hanging in the air - you must spill the beans!! :anguish:

You "fully expect an absolute sh1t-storm of financial scandal"

Oh c'mon 'captain' - you can't possibly leave that one hanging in the air - you must spill the beans!! :anguish:

I know nothing mate but in my experience, an announcement which comes completely out of the blue like Murray's this week says one of two things: either he's terminally ill or else there are extremely serious irregularities in the forthcoming accounts.

One other prediction I'll make: Bain will survive for now but as soon as Murray sells or relinquishes control, Bain will leave the very same day. And the moment he goes, the battle to repair the mess these two have made of Rangers can begin.

I am sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but that was funny!