Hamburg joint top Bundesliga

Cant really make an accurate assesment right now only three games been played, overall i think they are very even both have lost there top striker and brought in replacements and strenghthened there squads.

The only game I've seen of Stuttgart this year was the opening game of the season against Wolfsburg. Didn't impress me at all and just seemed to fall apart when the first goal went in. Pogrebnyak didn't look too clever either but I expect them to perform against us.

I think they've improved their squad from last year. Replacing Gomez with Prognebyak, and bringing in Hleb on loan.

Hleb will certainly improve their team, but I think Gomez was a huge loss. Pogrebnyak is a good player, but Gomez had a much better ratio and was a more versatile forward.

I think it's too early to take anything from that anyway. The Bundesliga is one of the most unpredictable in Europe as well. Bayern win it on most occassions but outside of that the teams are probably more even than many other competitions and any team can beat the top teams on any given day. That's a fantastic result for Hamburg against Wolfsburg though. 1-1 against Dortmund isn't really that bad a result either for Stuttgart though.

I'm actually hoping Hoffenheim can do a little better this year. They suffered from a lack of depth last year but they were playing some great football.