BBC SPORTSOUND

Kaiser52

i think the reason the buyers are wanting to buy after august is because they wont the debt right down it was 25 million in january and with the 17 million champions league the debt will be around 8 or 9 million hardly anything

there is obviously someone who is on the brink which can only be good as the current regime have obviously had enough! its not donald park or arnold clark or canadian/arab business men so who else cld it be! I did like trainor pointing out the fact that we are not in major debt! its reletivly small and more than manageable for a club like us?

i think the reason the buyers are wanting to buy after august is because they wont the debt right down it was 25 million in january and with the 17 million champions league the debt will be around 8 or 9 million hardly anything

but surely they would have to put the money up to clear the debt?

i have been thinking (or maybe just playing FM too much :blush: )

what if this takeover has been being discussed all summer and thats why no signings have been made

has some sort of transfer embargo been enforced?

I think somate, it can be the only reason, I do think murray has assett striped to an extent? and I also believe that because a new owner is on the cards that bids for boogi,mendes,davis etc wld have been rejected as the new owner wld want the best and most valued squad members left for him!

Also listnin to super ally there, when asked about the new regime! he stated! the new people coming in will hopefully be like the last regime and let the managers get on with picking the team? now he states NEW PEOPLE! as far as I am aware Alistair Johnstone is the only person who has changed job and no one has come in??? theres one for the conspiracy theories?

I think that the new owners are taking their time because they do not exist!!!

We already know that we have to make cuts and are in the financial squits...Trayner is there to be controversial and get a rise...its his job...

Its all pish in my opinion

there is obviously someone who is on the brink which can only be good as the current regime have obviously had enough! its not donald park or arnold clark or canadian/arab business men so who else cld it be! I did like trainor pointing out the fact that we are not in major debt! its reletivly small and more than manageable for a club like us?

He's right, the debt is nothing for a club of our size and stature. Murray uses the debt as a smokescreen to disguise the fact that he's had enough.

I'm guessing the banks issues are Murray's proven inablity to make Rangers trade our way out of trouble and, more importantly, the total mess he's making of his wider business empire.

but surely they would have to put the money up to clear the debt?

your avatar :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He's right, the debt is nothing for a club of our size and stature. Murray uses the debt as a smokescreen to disguise the fact that he's had enough.

I'm guessing the banks issues are Murray's proven inablity to make Rangers trade our way out of trouble and, more importantly, the total mess he's making of his wider business empire.

What do you base that statement on?

What do you base that statement on?

Purely on guesswork but let's be honest: if you were a banker, scared stiff of bad debts, would you trust a man who's just received an un-budgeted £17m and still says he's skint? What would you think if you walked into a JJB store, as I did today, and saw not a single Rangers strip on sale?

As a business, Rangers are a total mess, the banks can see it and I reckon Murray's in desperate trouble.

If Murray was going to sell in the near future then there would be absolutely no point in standing down as chairman and appointing a new chairman when in all likelyhood a new owner would no doubt want to appoint their own chairman.

If Murray was going to sell in the near future then there would be absolutely no point in standing down as chairman and appointing a new chairman when in all likelyhood a new owner would no doubt want to appoint their own chairman.

Fuck nose!

I think IF there are new owners they are just waiting on the full financial rsults to carry out in depth due diligence

By all accounts things SHOULD be much better so I'm hoping for new owners and some investment come Jan

The management thing is doing the rounds.

Apparently they don't see the value of Durrant etc.

They may opt for the current setup but with one of there 'own' men involved at some level. I have no real issues with that.

It's all about taking our club forward and we NEED new owners for that

I think we we need to see the full figures, this year we have signed no one, cut our wage bill by about £5M and qualified for the CL. This year I think our debt will be around £7M, which is not a lot, but i really don't like these 'the banks are running things' rumours. Any investor / buyer needs to make sure he pays Murray only, not a shit load of debt as well, because it sounds as though SDM is holding out for a huge chunk of money.