Boyd Rejects Trabzonspor !

DavieMacRFC

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers have though given Boyd's agent permission to speak to Hertha Berlin, where he is likely to go.

Why is he likely to go? Trabzonspor will offering more money than HB.

He's digging his heels in and wants to stay. Credit to the guy not wanting to leave (tu)

He's digging his heels in and wants to stay. Credit to the guy not wanting to leave (tu)

(tu)

If he digs his heels in, Rangers can only but offer him a contract. Why? Well they won't want him to go for free in January, so giving him a contract will up his price come next summer, if they did (again) want to accept bids for him.

is boydy that thick that he cant take a hint that they dont want him at ibrox?

no chance of an offer for a new contract and they give him permission to talk to other clubs,

or is he just being cute to run down contract?

He won't go for free either. Boyd wouldn't accept a contract from another club whilst still in a Rangers shirt.

I reckon he'll wait till June 30th 2010 in the wait for Rangers offering him a new contract. He's a bear, doesn't want to leave.

He won't go for free either. Boyd wouldn't accept a contract from another club whilst still in a Rangers shirt.

I reckon he'll wait till June 30th 2010 in the wait for Rangers offering him a new contract. He's a bear, doesn't want to leave.

(tu)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8230238.stm

Kris Boyd has vowed to ignore transfer speculation after being linked with Trabzonspor and Hertha Berlin.

The Rangers striker, who scored a double in Saturday's 4-1 win over Hamilton, wants to remain at Ibrox.

"There's been a bit of speculation but I don't pay any attention to it," the 25-year-old told the club website.

The striker's agent Mark Donaghy told BBC Scotland there was interest from Turkey, but added that he did not expect Boyd to leave Ibrox.

Boyd rejected a move to Birmingham City in January, when he was not playing regularly under manager Walter Smith.

Since then he has regained his first-team place and his goalscoring form is reportedly attracting interest from other clubs ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline.

I'm not bothered about the contract situation

Kris Boyd

However, Boyd, whose contract expires next summer, said he was content at Ibrox.

"The thing for me was to get myself back in the team and back on the scoresheet. That's what I've done," he said.

"I'm not bothered about the contract situation because the most important thing was to get back in the team and back among the goals.

"There's not much else I can do after that. Whatever happens, happens. I'll just keep my head down and take things from there."

Smith revealed at the weekend that no-one at the club is currently being offered a contract extension, with his own deal due to expire in January.

Can't knock the guy for that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8230238.stm

Kris Boyd has vowed to ignore transfer speculation after being linked with Trabzonspor and Hertha Berlin.

The Rangers striker, who scored a double in Saturday's 4-1 win over Hamilton, wants to remain at Ibrox.

"There's been a bit of speculation but I don't pay any attention to it," the 25-year-old told the club website.

The striker's agent Mark Donaghy told BBC Scotland there was interest from Turkey, but added that he did not expect Boyd to leave Ibrox.

Boyd rejected a move to Birmingham City in January, when he was not playing regularly under manager Walter Smith.

Since then he has regained his first-team place and his goalscoring form is reportedly attracting interest from other clubs ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline.

I'm not bothered about the contract situation

Kris Boyd

However, Boyd, whose contract expires next summer, said he was content at Ibrox.

"The thing for me was to get myself back in the team and back on the scoresheet. That's what I've done," he said.

"I'm not bothered about the contract situation because the most important thing was to get back in the team and back among the goals.

"There's not much else I can do after that. Whatever happens, happens. I'll just keep my head down and take things from there."

Smith revealed at the weekend that no-one at the club is currently being offered a contract extension, with his own deal due to expire in January.

(tu) Keep those goals coming big man.

As Walter has said there, NOONE has been offered a contract extension! The media has just decided to jump on Boyds for speculation, IMO.

he certainly wont be bettering himself and imo has made the right decision and hope he gets the credit off the fans for this, we are going to have to offer him a contract soon

he certainly wont be bettering himself and imo has made the right decision and hope he gets the credit off the fans for this, we are going to have to offer him a contract soon

Like i said, if the window shuts, and we still have him, we can only but offer him a contract renewal (even for the same wages) or he'll go for free.

I know someone that has a son who played with Boyd when they were youger at Killie and all he ever talked about was signing for Rangers even if it meant sitting on the bench as he is a die hard blue-nose !!!

Surely if he wants to be there that much then why not just keep him as he is playing for the jersey (knocking back bigger money offers prove that) and he can stick the ball in the net better than any other striker we have !!!

I know someone that has a son who played with Boyd when they were youger at Killie and all he ever talked about was signing for Rangers even if it meant sitting on the bench as he is a die hard blue-nose !!!

Surely if he wants to be there that much then why not just keep him as he is playing for the jersey (knocking back bigger money offers prove that) and he can stick the ball in the net better than any other striker we have !!!

He should be kept even just to play against SPL teams. He should be given a chance in Europe this season though, even just 20-30 minutes against the teams.

Can't knock him for the enthusiasm, but as far as I'm concerned it would be better for the club as a whole to cash in on him now. I actually think it would also do him the world of good as a player to go play for a team on the continent, but I doubt he sees it that way.