Boyd Rejects Trabzonspor !

DavieMacRFC

McBoyd - Boyd won't start in the CL.

He'll be lucky to get more than an hour of game time in the whole six group stage matches.

No amount of moaning will alter this.

Read what i said again mate, i haven't mentioned him starting at all. ;)

Yes, but you're wildly overreacting to anyone that criticises the blatantly weak points of his game.

It is indeed impossible to have a measured debate about Kris Boyd with you.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's sold, the money had better be allocated to transfers, the bank can get to fuck this time.

Personally speaking I think Boyd can get goals in the Champion's League this year, he only needs one goal against a big club (or the mhanky mhob) IMO and he will be back to scoring against everyone.

I'd give him a punt in the closing stages of the CL because if we're only going to get one chance in the match, I'd want Boyd on the end of it.

Boyd having one chance in a match is more likely to be a goal than any of the other forwards having 3.

If he can't score (or even earn a start) against Unirea, then we have a problem.

McBoyd - Boyd won't start in the CL.

He'll be lucky to get more than an hour of game time in the whole six group stage matches.

No amount of moaning will alter this.

Read what i said again mate, i haven't mentioned him starting at all. ;)

Yes, but you're wildly overreacting to anyone that criticises the blatantly weak points of his game.

:lol: shut up papaguy for once mcboyd hasn't got his boyd tinted glasses on and is making fair points

The only way Boyd will get even 5 minutes of playing time in the CL is if we are being soundly beaten, or cruising, and thats the way it should be.

And if i hear "Boyd is working on his game..." 1 more time.....

If he's sold, the money had better be allocated to transfers, the bank can get to fuck this time.

Personally speaking I think Boyd can get goals in the Champion's League this year, he only needs one goal against a big club (or the mhanky mhob) IMO and he will be back to scoring against everyone.

I'd give him a punt in the closing stages of the CL because if we're only going to get one chance in the match, I'd want Boyd on the end of it.

Boyd having one chance in a match is more likely to be a goal than any of the other forwards having 3.

If he can't score (or even earn a start) against Unirea, then we have a problem.

I'm presuming that we'll go with 2 up front against them (if not the 4-3-3), if we don't then it's insanity. So those gmaes could be the way to get Boyd goals in the CL, and if he gets them against that mob, then I don't see why he couldn't take the confidence into OF games and the other group games.

However, if he doesn't score agaisnt them, then it's the last defence he'll have from me on the "big team" debate.

I am? I thought i was just debating back and fourth with people, i don't see a single bit of wild overreaction at all, please point it out?

It's quite easy to have a measured debate about Boyd with me, depends how the arguments going though as to how you'll see my reply.

:lol: shut up papaguy for once mcboyd hasn't got his boyd tinted glasses on and is making fair points

:pipe:

I'm presuming that we'll go with 2 up front against them (if not the 4-3-3), if we don't then it's insanity. So those gmaes could be the way to get Boyd goals in the CL, and if he gets them against that mob, then I don't see why he couldn't take the confidence into OF games and the other group games.

However, if he doesn't score agaisnt them, then it's the last defence he'll have from me on the "big team" debate.

That mob arent as bad as some are making out. But i do agree, if he really wants to be a "big time" striker for Rangers, its games like that, that should be his bread and butter.

I am? I thought i was just debating back and fourth with people, i don't see a single bit of wild overreaction at all, please point it out?

It's quite easy to have a measured debate about Boyd with me, depends how the arguments going though as to how you'll see my reply.

:pipe:

Don't listen to Jardy, he's drunk.

Exactly, but he needs to be given the chances. He played twice last year in OF games, one was an average performance, the other was as some on here claimed 'his best performance in a rangers shirt'.

I don't see why he shouldn't play against the Tims this season.

European wise, he's played, and scored in Europe, but we've not seen him at all really in the CL. So it's hard to say 'he won't do this, or that' for 100% certainty.

Don't know what to make of this.

I think that he's either got no ambition to test himself in a harder league, or he's not had a big enough offer from Trabzonspor.

Lack of ambition possibly, but would you move? Playing at the club you love where all your mates are seems like a cushty wee number to me, and you'd need to put yourself in his position before slating him for wanting to stay.

The club - not Kris Boyd - are playing financial Russian roulette here. Again, the fans have been left in the dark having to guess what's going on. Surely a statement from the club would be sensible here? I can't imagine Boyd's mindset being too good if it gets to May next year and he's still not had an offer.

I applaud him for digging his heels in to stay at the club he supports. However, if it ends up costing us the services of a Mendes, Davis or Bougherra in the next 24 hours I'll be absolutely aperplectic at him for it.

lack of ambition ? hes away to enter the group stages of the champios league, he knows he need to improve on the european route and we are gonna be fighting for another title and he lacks ambition by going to turkey with trazbonsor, id say his only motivation should be to pile the goals in for the spl and improve his game personally on the domestic front and europe, so for any youngish player at rangers they show no ambition or a lack of it if they stay here, we are an ambitious club who fights for plaudits every season

Exactly, but he needs to be given the chances. He played twice last year in OF games, one was an average performance, the other was as some on here claimed 'his best performance in a rangers shirt'.

European wise, he's played, and scored in Europe, but we've not seen him at all really in the CL. So it's hard to say 'he won't do this, or that' for 100% certainty.

But he rarely gets the chance.

With Aaron, he hardly got the chance and people said: "Well Smith sees him every day, so he must not be good enough."

Exactly the same with Boyd re the Champions League. Smith sees him every day and must not class him as good enough to be a CL striker.

Explain exactly what a 'football player' is then? Someone that holds up the ball? Links up?

As far as i remember a goal scorer is a very vital part of a team? And a key football player. If it isn't why bother with 2/3 up front? If we want the rest of the team scoring instead of the forwards why not just have a 4-6-0?

Getting in the positions Boyd does to beat offside traps, get himself out of being marked, and beating players (off the ball and partially on) is a skill of a footballer, a goal poacher in fact.

Cousin has different skills right enough, he was stronger and could hold up well, (as well as score a cracker of a goal now and again).

I'd love to see what a place like RM said about Coisty back in the 80's! (In hindsight you are all going to say 'nothing, he was brilliant' of course, but i don't see that, i reckon there'd have been similar to nows moaning.)

I'm not getting into this again because I simply can't be bothered.

Why do you insist on asking the same questions over and over again?

:lol: Don't start what you can't finish ;)

Because people repeat the same pish over and over again, that's why.

I think that he's either got no ambition to test himself in a harder league, or he's not had a big enough offer from Trabzonspor.

Lack of ambition possibly, but would you move? Playing at the club you love where all your mates are seems like a cushty wee number to me, and you'd need to put yourself in his position before slating him for wanting to stay.

The club - not Kris Boyd - are playing financial Russian roulette here. Again, the fans have been left in the dark having to guess what's going on. Surely a statement from the club would be sensible here? I can't imagine Boyd's mindset being too good if it gets to May next year and he's still not had an offer.

I applaud him for digging his heels in to stay at the club he supports. However, if it ends up costing us the services of a Mendes, Davis or Bougherra in the next 24 hours I'll be absolutely aperplectic at him for it.

lack of ambition ? hes away to enter the group stages of the champios league, he knows he need to improve on the european route and we are gonna be fighting for another title and he lacks ambition by going to turkey with trazbonsor, id say his only motivation should be to pile the goals in for the spl and improve his game personally on the domestic front and europe, so for any youngish player at rangers they show no ambition or a lack of it if they stay here, we are an ambitious club who fights for plaudits every season

At the end of the day mate, we're still in a footballing backwater known as the SPL.

That's the be all and end all. If he goes to the Superlig or Bundesliga and scores 20 goals a season, he'll be valued at £10m-£15m. If he does the same in the SPL, he'll be valued at £4m tops.

That's just how it goes.

In both games he had clear cut chances and in both games he blew them.

With Aaron, he hardly got the chance and people said: "Well Smith sees him every day, so he must not be good enough."

Exactly the same with Boyd re the Champions League. Smith sees him every day and must not class him as good enough to be a CL striker.

Was Aaron a player with a proven 30-goal a season ability?

We took that stance on Aaron because we hadn't seen him play at all, with Boyd, we've seen him get the goals.

FFS - No ambition - He is playing for Rangers - what higher ambition does he need?

Slated because money isn't everything to him, and yet many players get slated for wanting to leave.

Also if someone else leaves its Boyd's fault! OMG

Why does anyone slate the guy for staying at a club that most of us would pay to play for, if only we were worthy?

If Miller had missed those chances no one would have said he should be dropped.

He can't put them all away.

Different situation, Aaron was training against SPL players everyday in reserve matches and that, Boyd isn't playing against European teams everyday (well you could claim we are one ourselves, but you know what i mean, players that aren't his team mates.).

IMO i just think he should get at least 20 minutes at the end of some games in the CL this season.

:lol: Don't start what you can't finish ;)

Because people repeat the same pish over and over again, that's why.

The irony of it all............

EDIT: I could finish it, but i only get a short lunch break and I don't want to spend it telling you why I think Cousin is a better footballer than Boyd again.

FFS - No ambition - He is playing for Rangers - what higher ambition does he need?

Slated because money isn't everything to him, and yet many players get slated for wanting to leave.

Also if someone else leaves its Boyd's fault! OMG

Why does anyone slate the guy for staying at a club that most of us would pay to play for, if only we were worthy?

You clearly haven't read my post.

I said I could totally understand that and no-one should criticise him for it.

And, if we're really needing the cash, I said I'd rather sell Boyd before I'd sell Mendes, Davis and Bougherra. All three are better and more important players for us.

I see no problem with that.

If Miller had missed those chances no one would have said he should be dropped.

He can't put them all away.

Yes they would have.

I agree, Boyd should be given a chance at the Tims this year, because the side are playing better, and will create the chances he needs.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, he only needs one goal against them and he'll start rifling them in.

The CL teams are simply cannon fodder when Krissy Krissy Boyd is around :pipe: